Sign in to follow this  
Necton Canary

Garrido

[quote user="Necton Canary"]Just seen on Twitter that guard has gone - I wonder how many more are out of contract?[/quote]

And so the clearout begins

Very few out of contract - Norwich even had an option for another year of Javier which they passed on.

Cuellar is out of contract as is Bunn, who has already said he will be off. Apart from that I think everyone else is tied down.

Norwich will continue to struggle off loading the likes of Becchio as they are on nice big salaries (which have just gone up again due to promotion).

We may have a few on contracts that will be left to run down, such as Becchio, but hopefully there aren''t too many; most of our ''lesser'' players are probably relatively marketable for the Championships at least, even if on loan.

Presumably the PL squad rules (25 ''over-age'' players, I think) rules still apply, and need to be fully considered; Javier''s not done anything wrong but his age will have been a consideration. One thing we do want to do is to hold onto anyone considered up to it from our younger players (eg Nathan, if still under age) as they don''t count in the 25.

Quote from pinkun interview with DMC

" Of course we will look at where we need to strengthen because there will be players leaving the football club, but it is a strong squad.”

There will be players leaving the football club.

Good pro, served us well, and apparently an all round lovely guy.His only "crime" was not being as good as Olsson.I don''t think he''ll struggle to find a club.

Seemed like a decent bloke but never rated him. His defensive frailty was epitomised for me when Olsson was sent off against Wolves at start of season and within 60 seconds of coming on, Garrido had been turned inside out and it cost us a goal.

Poor player and I can''t see him staying in England as he would be pretty weak for the Champs, and doubt he would drop into League 1.

Any argument that Becchio may be tempted to use, that involves just wanting to play football and not just taking the money, really is stupendously invalid.

I wish Garrido the best of luck for the future!

Becchio - Perhaps we could loan/give him to Hamilton as a gift, sure he''d enjoy the Scottish Leagues

Yep, good luck to Javier - like most footballers, he had his strengths and weaknesses but was always a good pro and certainly has been very vocal on Twitter about NCFC in a positive light, even when not playing - a top chap and I wish him all the best :).

As for Becchio - the situation with him now is absolutely just beyond farcical. I have nothing against the bloke, and I''m sure he''s a nice guy - but seriously, isn''t there a single Championship team interested in taking him on the cheap?????

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Very few out of contract - Norwich even had an option for another year of Javier which they passed on.

Cuellar is out of contract as is Bunn, who has already said he will be off. Apart from that I think everyone else is tied down.

Norwich will continue to struggle off loading the likes of Becchio as they are on nice big salaries (which have just gone up again due to promotion).[/quote]

Becchio contract terminated by mutual consent - Cuellar gone too

Gutted, Garrido was easily our best name to pronounce in a Norfolk accent.
Gar-eee-doo
We h''int got noo mor names hev we Neyull?  There''s that Oh-did-jah O-phooey, I suppose.