Sign in to follow this  
Gbug

Bad day to be a soldier ie cant get tickets

[quote user="Six Pack"]Hairy Canary wrote: When was the last time you did that Six-Pack? Is this about wanting special treatment for soldiers or not? The OP says not so why are you bringing up this hypothetical scenario? 

Every sympathy for the OP but I really can''t see how this is the clubs fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hypothetical ! insignificant ? Not too much sympathy for those who actually did their bit for the country - even died for it.

[/quote]

Are you saying that we should give priority to people who have died for their country?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Six Pack"]Hairy Canary wrote: When was the last time you did that Six-Pack? Is this about wanting special treatment for soldiers or not? The OP says not so why are you bringing up this hypothetical scenario? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hypothetical ! insignificant ? Not too much sympathy for those who actually did their bit for the country - even died for it.

[/quote]

Are you saying that we should give priority to people who have died for their country?

[/quote]I think this opinion has value, come the zombie apocalypse.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]That''s uncanny you say that Morty, you haven''t been talking to BOTH my mates have you?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Six Pack"]Hairy Canary wrote: When was the last time you did that Six-Pack? Is this about wanting

special treatment for soldiers or not? The OP says not so why are you

bringing up this hypothetical scenario? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hypothetical ! insignificant ? Not too much sympathy for those who actually did their bit for the country - even died for it.I''m not talking about the professional soldier - although I guess most in the arm forces today are there by choice.Not talking about the clubs allocation either. Just those that are reserved for VIPs and there are a lot of them - about 13,000.As long as you get your ticket - that''s all that counts.
[/quote]
What an offensive and wholly unnecessary response. You know nothing about my personal circumstances or how I feel about the members of the armed forces. I have relatives that have died serving their country so I''m not taking obnoxious lectures from you.
I never used the word insignificant. Of course the scenario you quoted about charging machine guns is hypothetical unless you served in the charge of the light brigade or went over the top in the first world war.
You have a point about VIP''s and virtually everyone I know would agree with that but your comment about my having a ticket so that''s all that counts for me is disgusting. Any sympathy I had for your disappointment has gone.

I am stuck down the Falkland Islands for six months and do envy all who are going, however thats just the way it is with this job. I was there in 85 so do''nt feel too bad. Now if TV reception goes...thats a different matter OTBC

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/34889968_zps640dffc5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/34889968_zps640dffc5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="1982"]Morty, whats the picture? Internet protection has blocked it.[/quote]Just the old Ron Burgundy "Well that escalated quickly" pic.Internet you say? When I was there I relied on blueys lol!

Ha, ha

Still write a bluey a week for old times sake. Now have the added bonus of 100 minutes of internet per week. The weathers still the same unfortunately.

Enjoy the game.

[quote user="1982"]

Ha, ha

Still write a bluey a week for old times sake. Now have the added bonus of 100 minutes of internet per week. The weathers still the same unfortunately.

Enjoy the game.

[/quote]Cheers man, stay safe[Y]

Why give the thread the title "bad day to be a soldier"?

I''m pretty sure on the same phone system were a couple of lorry drivers,a baker or 2,maybe a couple of farm hands etc

All career choices in this day and age, all respect to our superb armed forces but it was a career choice the same as those above mentioned career choices. We don''t conscript in the UK anymore so you made a brave and respected choice but don''t try and milk it.

600 more on sale at 9am tomorrow morning.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_at_wembley_last_tickets_for_play_off_final_go_on_sale_at_9am_friday_1_4083173?

[quote user="kick it off"]600 more on sale at 9am tomorrow morning.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_at_wembley_last_tickets_for_play_off_final_go_on_sale_at_9am_friday_1_4083173?[/quote]

Do you have to fill in your occupation to get one?

I am ex forces...I missed hundreds of games while I was serving,,never expected special treatment and annoys me when forces get special treatment today

I''m a Jedi and simply used the force....

Crap joke and I genuinely feel for anybody that wants to be there and can''t. Irrespective of jobs and all the rest of it, I bet there are plenty who through age, finances or disability can''t be there either.

End of the day, whether there or elsewhere we''ll all be baying for the same result. Nothing is perfect but a City win would mean the world to all of us.

Missed a lot of footy during my six years serving, its just part of the job, along with missing family birthdays etc.

But would like to give a shout out to the Station Master at Ely in 1984, having finished a tour in the Falklands, i''d travelled seamlessly from Port Stanley , as far as Ely, last train, no connection to Norwich till the morning, he put me up in the very comfortable victorian waiting room, built up the fire and woke me with a cup of tea half an hour before the first train to Norwich.

Whoever you are , thank you sir.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Missed a lot of footy during my six years serving, its just part of the job, along with missing family birthdays etc. But would like to give a shout out to the Station Master at Ely in 1984, having finished a tour in the Falklands, i''d travelled seamlessly from Port Stanley , as far as Ely, last train, no connection to Norwich till the morning, he put me up in the very comfortable victorian waiting room, built up the fire and woke me with a cup of tea half an hour before the first train to Norwich. Whoever you are , thank you sir.[/quote]

In the days before privatisation British rail was the sort of organisation that would do things like this, then the Tories spoilt it.

[quote user="star_manic"]No, the unions spoilt it, like many other things. And I believe Dr Beeching was Labour.[/quote]

This happened in 1984, Beeching was in the 60''s.

The unions didn''t sell BR and make it worse.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="star_manic"]No, the unions spoilt it, like many other things. And I believe Dr Beeching was Labour.[/quote]

This happened in 1984, Beeching was in the 60''s.

The unions didn''t sell BR and make it worse.

[/quote]I don''t know what Beeching''s politics were, if he had any, but he was commissioned by the then Tory governmen.

[img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4062/4633595222_30f90dc385.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Ginja"][img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4062/4633595222_30f90dc385.jpg[/img][/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Ginja"][img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4062/4633595222_30f90dc385.jpg[/img][/quote]But that is the beauty of this message-board, Ginja! Threads can start going in one direction and end up in all sorts of unexpected - and often fascinating - places.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ginja"][img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4062/4633595222_30f90dc385.jpg[/img][/quote]But that is the beauty of this message-board, Ginja! Threads can start going in one direction and end up in all sorts of unexpected - and often fascinating - places.[/quote]Or occasionally, not so fascinating....

Ah well. Missed out this morning again.

Maybe looking back it was a bit selfish putting the job up.

I thought the days had gone where we couldn''t say what we did. Glad it brought up different views on the matter though.

An 8 really bothered what the keyboard warriors think. Not really been on the site for years without posting. Just watching some people dribble utter ****.

Will get back in my silent box and just read what you experts have to say. I may just have a snipe at some who''s comment on this thread I didn''t like though.

Have a great day to all the good fans of city. Us plastics will have to go to the pub. Would not want to up upset the loyal people who go to the matches every weekend like ALL of my family. Because you can. OTBC

[quote user="Goody"]Ah well. Missed out this morning again.

Maybe looking back it was a bit selfish putting the job up.

I thought the days had gone where we couldn''t say what we did. Glad it brought up different views on the matter though.

An 8 really bothered what the keyboard warriors think. Not really been on the site for years without posting. Just watching some people dribble utter ****.

Will get back in my silent box and just read what you experts have to say. I may just have a snipe at some who''s comment on this thread I didn''t like though.

Have a great day to all the good fans of city. Us plastics will have to go to the pub. Would not want to up upset the loyal people who go to the matches every weekend like ALL of my family. Because you can. OTBC[/quote]Seriously?There are still tickets left.And there are several threads on here offering tickets, twitter is also awash with folks with extra tickets.

It wasn''t selfish putting the job up, it was just plain odd. It had no relation whatsoever to you not being able to get tickets, you could have dropped £20 into priority membership, you had that opportunity and didn''t take it. There are spare tickets everywhere yet you''re not interested, you''d rather have a good old moan about not being able to get them from the website.

You seem to be looking for an argument because you''ll be watching the game in a pub, when actually, you could just buy a ticket.

If you don''t get to Wembley, then you have no-one to blame but yourself, you''ve had plenty of opportunity to sort yourself a ticket out. Being a soldier has nothing to do with it.