Sign in to follow this  
Gbug

Bad day to be a soldier ie cant get tickets

Never been posted close enough to get a season ticket. Therefore shoved to back of line for a ticket. Yep sold out by the time i got to site. Thanks NCFC

Anyone see any spare give me a shout.

There are all sorts of people who can''t get season tickets for numerous reasons, myself included. I have a membership and was able to get a ticket. Whilst I understand your frustration I don''t really see what the club have done wrong. Unpopular as it make me, I don''t really think any occupation should entitle you to a ticket.

Got to agree with Liquidator.

I have never lived close enough to Norwich to make a season ticket a possibility for me (although one day I will make it happen).

Your occupation has nothing to do with you not being able to get a ticket, all you had to do was buy a priority membership for £20 at some point in the last 10 months and you''d have got one, like about 10,000 other people did.

Apologies if that sounds harsh, because I do realise that your occupation probably makes it difficult to get to many games, but PM is not exactly expensive and as I say would have guaranteed your ticket.

I genuinely hope that you manage to get one sorted.

Read it. I got onto the site. That means I had priority and brothers season ticket number. The site crashed when I was on and I got put to the back.

That''s why I''m ranting, angry and frustrated.

Enjoy you safe trip in tour safe country. That''s all I have to say on that. Pm me if you disagree keyboard warriors.

Goody, that''s too bad mate, feel for you, keep an eye on this site and WOTB as spare tickets popping up all the time, also rumours more for sale from club 9am Friday. Don''t give up, good luck.

Still plenty of hope. Tickets are/will be offered on here and wotb.co.uk as many people just bought as many tickets as P.M. and S.Ticket numbers they had, and worried about doling them out after. The club may well receive more depending on club Wembley sales. You could scan footy websites looking for club Wembley members who won`t be using their tickets and cajole them. The club WILL get returns from people who get sick/affected by the probably rail strike etc, so keep checking with them and try and stay flexible till the last minute. Good luck.

All this angst!

Make like frozen and "let it go"

I understand that people have reasons but why now are they mad they can''t get a ticket? How are thy now suddenly available?

Genuinely sorry for fans that can''t get tickets but that''s theway it is

I think there should be a special concession for those who have served our country.

Wembley stadium should have an allocation of seats especially for this group. However would be restricted to maybe 5,000 seats & tickets should be half  price maybe.  

[quote user="Six Pack"]

I think there should be a special concession for those who have served our country.

Wembley stadium should have an allocation of seats especially for this group. However would be restricted to maybe 5,000 seats & tickets should be half  price maybe.  

[/quote]

They do for certain games, my son was serving in Germany and got free tickets to see England in Germany from the FA and also got tickets for Wembley to see England, not sure how often they do it, but certainly have done.

As a club we seem very supportive of the armed services, if I was OP I would drop a mail to McNally, worth a try.

What utter nonsense.

Before I start I want to assure you of my full respect and thankfulness for all our armed forces do and have done.

However, I don''t think choosing to be in the armed forces deserves special treatment when it comes to supporting a football team.

I like the the original poster (although not employed in the forces) work away from norwich, nearly all weekends, and follow norwich from a distance, trying to make it to around 5/6 games a season, plus 3/4 under 21 games and even an u16 game.

As a priority member I was able to purchase my tickets no problem. The moaning and grumbling about the system is bonkers. The rules of ticket sales were clearly stated, if you wanted tickets you had up until full time on Saturday to buy a membership.

Be it armed forces, Doctors, nurses, tree surgeons, or pilots the system is the same...it''s not out to get soldiers - now man up, stop moaning and stop trying to use being a soldier as a sympathy vote.

[quote user="Six Pack"]

[/quote]

Tickets are available to forces personnel, but limited. My daughter, in the RAF, has aquired tickets for me for England international''s in football, Rugby U and Rugby L.

[quote user="Six Pack"]

[/quote]

Tickets are available to forces personnel, but limited. My daughter, in the RAF, has aquired tickets for me for England international''s in football, Rugby U and Rugby L.

Where does it state I want special treatment. I said the site crashed when it was my turn. I can put what I do because of the freedom of speech you and i enjoy.

Jog - on

Seems a bit odd to mention your chosen career if you weren''t looking for special treatment.

[quote user="Goody"]Never been posted close enough to get a season ticket. Therefore shoved to back of line for a ticket. Yep sold out by the time i got to site. Thanks NCFC

Anyone see any spare give me a shout.[/quote]

coming from a forces family i''d just like to say... "tough luck sunshine"... as has been said you could have bought a super membership any time you liked over the last few weeks or months.

being a soldier does not give you a right or a privilege and nor should it.

Remind me of the response to this post the next time I go rush out of the trenches towards the barb wire & enemy machines guns, and I''ll do a  U turn and jump straight back into my fox hole !

When was the last time you did that Six-Pack? Is this about wanting special treatment for soldiers or not? The OP says not so why are you bringing up this hypothetical scenario? 
Every sympathy for the OP but I really can''t see how this is the clubs fault.

I haven''t seen anyone insulting your choice of profession, or service for our country...

I just don''t see how it''s relevant to tickets for a game of football? It''s a choice of caree.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Remind me of the response to this post the next time I go rush out of the trenches towards the barb wire & enemy machines guns, and I''ll do a  U turn and jump straight back into my fox hole !
[/quote]

That''s just you not doing your job properly, you''ll probably get a written warning.

[quote user="Goody"]Where does it state I want special treatment. I said the site crashed when it was my turn. I can put what I do because of the freedom of speech you and i enjoy.

Jog - on[/quote]

As you say you have every right under freedom of speech to state your profession however what relevance that has to the site crashing I fail to see. This has happened to others and often happens when trying to purchase tickets for any major sporting event due to the demand for a limited supply.

As the father of an army officer believe me I''m not knocking your profession.

Hairy Canary wrote: When was the last time you did that Six-Pack? Is this about wanting

special treatment for soldiers or not? The OP says not so why are you

bringing up this hypothetical scenario? 
Every sympathy for the OP but I really can''t see how this is the clubs fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hypothetical ! insignificant ? Not too much sympathy for those who actually did their bit for the country - even died for it.I''m not talking about the professional soldier - although I guess most in the arm forces today are there by choice.Not talking about the clubs allocation either. Just those that are reserved for VIPs and there are a lot of them - about 13,000.As long as you get your ticket - that''s all that counts.

We should give all soldiers a free ticket and a back rub I think.

Seriously though, why did you mention your occupation in the thread title?

It''s not that people don''t appreciate what your job entails. At the end of the day it''s a career pursued by you, you made the choice to become a solider. Just like doctors, nurses and teachers.

I have sympathy for any City fan who can''t get a ticket, and jobs do get in the way.

BUT, don''t try the Jack Nicholson line Op, it really takes away from your point (I am ex Foces btw)

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]*ex Forces*[/quote]You were one slip away there from being "Ex faeces" [:D](Ex forces here also)