Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

McNally

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]No they wouldn''t, nor would I. But it wouldn''t be very many and they could be looked after when the new stand is built, even given a free ST for a year or two. Any annoyance will soon fade, it''s only football and life isn''t perfect. So there''d be "noise" from some quarters but in the scheme of things you just have to take the flack for a bit and move on taking a longer term view.

Or, lets say you have 4000 in the CS and only 3000 seats elsewhere. Offer a good pricing or deal on the new stand, food and drink discount etc and a first choice of seat option and you could get a lot taking up a short term absence voluntarily. But the club has access to the sort of people who could up with something creative so as I said before I don''t think it beyond the wit of man to sort it out.[/quote]
I agree, nothing is insurmountable, but everyone would have to be relocated, and I dont know how the figures stack up in regards to amount of st holders compared to spare seats around the stadium. I would not be interested in basically missing a season, and I doubt anyone would.
Lol, can you imagine the snakepit being relocated to the river end for a season!?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="quentin"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="quentin"][quote user="ricardo"]The stadium expansion question is asked every year at the AGM and the Supporters Forum.The answer is always the same and amounts to something like this........... "The logistical and financial implications are daunting and having come close to a near death experience the last time we built a new stand, we do not want to put ourselves in that position again".Personally speaking I think it extremely unlikely that I will see a 35K capacity ground in my lifetime.But I could be wrong[:D][/quote]I take it you missed the 1963 game against Leicester in the FA Cup, Ricardo? [:|][/quote]No mate, I was there.There have only ever been 4 40k attendances and I was at 3 of them. The one in 1950 was before my time.In the entire history of Carrow Rd there have only been 22 attendances over 35K.[/quote][Y] You know your stuff, Ricardo.Good reasons for the return of standing in the terraces.  [/quote]Yes, safe standing would be good for those that want it. Personally speaking I can no longer manage to stand for an entire game so it wouldn''t be any good for me. Whether they could convert the bottom tiers behind the goals to safe standing, I don''t know but it is a possible way of increasing the capacity. On the other hand surely it would have to be a cheaper price than a seat so would it be financially viable?I would love to see a bigger ground but from what McNally and Bowkett said at the last AGM, I can''t see it happening any time soon.[/quote]

I think the key factor this time around will be whether we can stay up and thus reap the benefits of the new tv deal which kicks in next season. That sees the monies increase massively and would probably make increasing capacity less of a risk. the other interesting conundrum is what level you increase it too. I think they would be very hesitant to go too big as you then lose the necessity for fans to have season tickets that we currently have. If people can buy casual tickets on the gate for most games then many may revert to doing that. I could not see us wanting to or needing to go above 32,000.

Has the possibility ever been discussed to doing the half the re-development at a time?For example, if a new tier was being built in the City stand, you could close half of it and still use the other half. That way (based on the numbers above) you''d only have 2000 season ticket holders to re-house for that season, which could be more easily accommodated with temp seating and casuals space.By the next season, there will be half of a new 2-tiered stand to accommodate them while the other half is finished.I have no idea if that would be logistically possible, but I assume that it would be.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Has the possibility ever been discussed to doing the half the re-development at a time?For example, if a new tier was being built in the City stand, you could close half of it and still use the other half. That way (based on the numbers above) you''d only have 2000 season ticket holders to re-house for that season, which could be more easily accommodated with temp seating and casuals space.By the next season, there will be half of a new 2-tiered stand to accommodate them while the other half is finished.I have no idea if that would be logistically possible, but I assume that it would be.[/quote]
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. But seeing as money is the main issue, I suspect that we would want a more economically viable solution.

BB wrote the following post at 28/05/2015 7:20 AM:

Mr J.

Feel free to check out the facts on this matter by following this link (I don''t know how to make it clickable) but that website is very helpful.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal/the-proposal-continued---the-sums

That''s helpful, thanks BB.

So from a quick look at the doc it would appear that you could potentially replace one bum on a seat with 1.8 bums in the standing position.

😄

Anytime.

For those interested in understanding more, 4000 seats would yield 7200 standing when configured for standing. Therefore a 27000 "seated" attendance could be uplifted to 30,000 by enabling the choice to stand.

Obviously, this is someway off in the premier league, but is well used in Germany. Maybe in the next 5 years it could indeed become a reality.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Would love to see it here one day.[/quote]

As my wife says to me each night as I head to my separate bedroom.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Would love to see it here one day.[/quote]

[/quote][Y]

There must be payback to expanding or building a new stadium otherwise Spurs, Liverpool & so on wouldn''t bother either!

It''s as Morty said about ensuring not to over size the requirement and ending up with a third of the ground with empty seats!

For me I''m still for controlled growth, football first and development will follow with demand and success!

YankeeCanary wrote the following post at 28/05/2015 1:36 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Would love to see it here one day.

Do you keep her on a tight ration my man?😚