Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Our Friends down the Road

[quote user="kdncfc"]They are getting desperate now and some have even described our support at Wembley as embarassing.Apparently they have suddenly become the best fans in the world on the strength of getting a bit excited at the prospect of beating us in the play off semis.

[/quote]27,500 binners when at home in the semi final12,500 season tickets soldWhich suggests having a ''glorious history'' attracts 12,500, whereas having successful neighbours attracts 27,000. Says it all.

my son only knows us beating them

he looks on a wikapedia and sees preston as league champions he spotted the blue scums achievements then went to go and read about ww2

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="kdncfc"]They are getting desperate now and some have even described our support at Wembley as embarassing.Apparently they have suddenly become the best fans in the world on the strength of getting a bit excited at the prospect of beating us in the play off semis.They also supposedly outsung us at the second leg but I can honestly say the only song I head clearly was the when they sung theres only one Bobby Robson near the end.They really are a bitter, pathetic and delusional bunch of idiots.

[/quote]

Sorry if this has already been posted - but anyone see the banner over the A14 at Ipswich? "Good Luck Boro!" Raised a few smiles Tuesday morning. Who needs good luck like that?![/quote]

How pointless-they wouldn''t have seen it-unless they took a detour, might explain why they arrived late at Wembley?

And please, let`s not forget that they had 400 home tickets left the day before the poorman road leg of the playoffs and just about sold them (probably about the same number of City that were in the home areas). Our tickets were gold-dust for every game. Sums up the difference between the two clubs frankly. They are a joke and all their bleating and whining just makes the joke bigger and funnier. ITFC- the gift that just can`t stop giving.

[quote user="Felixfan"][quote user="GPB"]Even moderately sensible ITFC "fans" (who mostly haven''t been for 6 years until April this year) have lost the plot. Not just on message boards but in ordinary conversation. People have been stopping me in the street to talk about football who for years haven''t uttered a word about it .

Believe it or not Suffolk is actually a great place to live . Well the West of it is. Towards to East, apart from Felixstowe which is just full of lorries and imports, it is becoming more and more depressed. The Town of Ipswich is bordering on deprived, business has left in droves, and shopping is non existent.

What has happened this weekend has just put the boot in further. Norwich is flying, not just football , but the Big Weekend, the UEA, the coast. Ipswich on the other hand is a disaster.

The glimmer of hope shown was more a clutching of straws. You will always get idiots on all message boards , but even the prospective MP tried to get in on the act on twitter. Have a look for yourselves - Jo Churchill comes from Lincolnshire and tried to jump on the bandwagon.

What you are seeing now is a good old fashioned outpouring. Ipswich massively over achieved with a decent manager. All of the shirts have disappeared , all of the new scarves are back in the drawer.

It really is quite sad in its own way.[/quote]

When was the last time you went to Felixstowe because it is a great place to live with a great south facing sea front, a traditional town centre and good transport links. The docks do not impinge upon the town and the dock viewing point is Suffolk''s busiest tourist attraction overlooking the Orwell estuary and Harwich.

Our only downside is the proximity to Ipswich but we have a fantastic group of Canary supporters that follow the team all over the country.

Come and visit again and have a second look and you could do worse than the Ferry Boat Inn for lunch and a pint.[/quote]

My apologies Felix, you are of course correct. The old part of Felixstowe is lovely and I have visited the Ferry Boat many times. In my haste to "dis" Ipswich I did use an unnecessarily broad brush.

Glad to hear that the Yellows are alive and well in Felixstowe as they are in Bury.

OTBC ! WAPL!

I really don''t know who Ipswich think they are in the standing of football?

Even in recent history consider these stats....

since the 1985/86 season when we were promoted from the old division 2 and they relegated from division 1 , (29 seasons ago ,including next season)....

Ipswich have been in the top division of English football 5 times compared to our 14.......and furthermore only 2 of those 5 seasons where they were in the top divsion ,we weren''t in it aswell.

so including the year where we slipped down to League One, In the last 29 seasons, Ipswich have been in a higher league than us for 3 seasons, compared to our 9 over them.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I really don''t know who Ipswich think they are in the standing of football?

Even in recent history consider these stats....

since the 1985/86 season when we were promoted from the old division 2 and they relegated from division 1 , (29 seasons ago ,including next season)....

Ipswich have been in the top division of English football 5 times compared to our 14.......and furthermore only 2 of those 5 seasons where they were in the top divsion ,we weren''t in it aswell.

so including the year where we slipped down to League One, In the last 29 seasons, Ipswich have been in a higher league than us for 3 seasons, compared to our 9 over them.

[/quote]

that should read "10 over them"  ....fag paper maths!

I''m not sure how many of you on this board come into much contact with your actual Binner.

I can tell you that even some of the more intelligent of their ilk have been absolutely embarrassing to talk to.

I will not attempt to quote some of their stupid ignorant remarks but I think the reasoning behind this infantile behaviour/comments is the sudden realisation that they really are being left behind. Of course this can all change after all we always say this business is cyclical

There are still some decent Binfolk about but they are getting more difficult to find. It genuinely is a pity and I do hope they regain a level of intelligence whereby a) they can at least congratulate us and then b) regain a sense of humour to return to some decent banter again.

Breath and holding immediately comes to mind! Hopefully over the next month or so realisation and common sense will prevail.

Football is cyclical yes, but the diameter of Ipswich cycle is turning into "penny farthing" proportions.

Next season will be their 14/15th?? (I lose count) in this league during which time theyve now seen us be promoted THREE times....and that even includes within that timeframe us dropping into league one and still coming staright back up and bypassing them at the first attempt.

The bitterness coming from Suffolk this past week and a bit has been delightful.