Sign in to follow this  
Popeye68

Parade

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes to both. You do realise tens of thousands missed out?[/quote]Yes I do.But I also heard a lot of people whining, that really didn''t put much effort into actually trying.

Well i don''t speak for them. Plenty of people did try.

I can''t afford a season ticket. I foolishly did not have membership (my stupid fault) does not make me less of a fan. My city following last few years has been home for a few cup games and away 2/3 times a season. Past season ticket holder, currently saving for a house, so not a regular at carrow road (it ain''t cheap). Club still in my heart, sorry touch a nerve to be considered not a real fan.

Hope you had a great day at wembley!

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Well i don''t speak for them. Plenty of people did try.

I can''t afford a season ticket. I foolishly did not have membership (my stupid fault) does not make me less of a fan. My city following last few years has been home for a few cup games and away 2/3 times a season. Past season ticket holder, currently saving for a house, so not a regular at carrow road (it ain''t cheap). Club still in my heart, sorry touch a nerve to be considered not a real fan.

Hope you had a great day at wembley![/quote]I had a lovely day thanks[Y]

I was sat next to some chap who was singing "Kick Off, Kick Off, Kick Off"Realised about 5 mins into the game he was trying to sing OTBC. Almost told him the words...Thats what I hate about cup games tbh, the bloody club lets in "fans" who dont even know the words to OTBC.

I''m fine with a parade when we actually win something - like the league or a cup. But we finished third, frankly even playing at Wembley and getting a trophy for winning that game seems over the top relative to the accomplishment to me. Best do as we are ....

I couldn''t get one either, been a fan for over 50 years and feel the same as you, but you are clearly wasting your time arguing with someone as arrogant and ignorant as Morty...

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Not angry i did not get a ticket, happy for season ticket holders to get priority etc. My objection was to being called ''not a real fan''[/quote]

There is a lot of that on here. Ignore the small minded "I''m alright, Jack" types. The whole of Norfolk and all Norfolkonians around the world will have been glued to the TV on Monday as fans past, present and future - kids, mothers, fathers, grandparents, infirm, people unable to get or afford tickets etc etc.    Only a complete idiot could think they are special because they went to Wembley. Privileged maybe, but not special. It was a wondeful event to be at, but bragging about being there or running down those that weren''t is for pea brains.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]I couldn''t get one either, been a fan for over 50 years and feel the same as you, but you are clearly wasting your time arguing with someone as arrogant and ignorant as Morty...[/quote]
I didnt see you asking on here. I could have, without much effort got hold of three more tickets. I used my season tickets to buy tickets for friends. Seriously, if you tried hard enough, there was tickets.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Not angry i did not get a ticket, happy for season ticket holders to get priority etc. My objection was to being called ''not a real fan''[/quote]

There is a lot of that on here. Ignore the small minded "I''m alright, Jack" types. The whole of Norfolk and all Norfolkonians around the world will have been glued to the TV on Monday as fans past, present and future - kids, mothers, fathers, grandparents, infirm, people unable to get or afford tickets etc etc.    Only a complete idiot could think they are special because they went to Wembley. Privileged maybe, but not special. It was a wondeful event to be at, but bragging about being there or running down those that weren''t is for pea brains.

[/quote]
Oh you''re special alright Lakey...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Not angry i did not get a ticket, happy for season ticket holders to get priority etc. My objection was to being called ''not a real fan''[/quote]

There is a lot of that on here. Ignore the small minded "I''m alright, Jack" types. The whole of Norfolk and all Norfolkonians around the world will have been glued to the TV on Monday as fans past, present and future - kids, mothers, fathers, grandparents, infirm, people unable to get or afford tickets etc etc.    Only a complete idiot could think they are special because they went to Wembley. Privileged maybe, but not special. It was a wondeful event to be at, but bragging about being there or running down those that weren''t is for pea brains.[/quote]
Oh you''re special alright Lakey...
[/quote]And you are not half as special as you think you are.

Awww, didn''t you get a ticket mate, if so you should have said, I would have got you one.

[quote user="The Young One"]I can assure you that I didn''t need a ticket. Just think you are an ass hole.

[/quote]And you are assuming I care that some random anonymous man on the internet doesn''t like me?[:D]

Back on topic, McNally gave a good explanation as to why there will be no parade, I''m satisfied with that, the players deserve a break after a really long season.

To be honest I''m not sure that celebrating going up in third place would be the right thing to do, you can over egg these things sometimes.

Let''s wait till we win a cup next season.

BTW if we do get through to a cup final there will be one hell of a fight for tickets, maybe people should start preparing their strategy for getting one now!😄

June 5th - Scotland are playing. 10 days before

international game. Russell Martin & Whittaker don''t need to be on holiday

in that time.

Kyle Lafferty is playing for Northern Ireland

Sunday May 31st. Wes Hoolahan is playing for Republic of Ireland on Sunday June

7th. Nathan Redmond is playing for an England u21s against June 18th. Alex

Tettey is playing for Norway on June 12th. Martin Olsson should be available -

no international games for Sweden coming up yet.

John Ruddy - no international duty B Johnson - no

international duty Lewis Grabban - no internationals Jonny Howson - no

internationals Cameron Jerome - no internationals Gary Hooper - no

internationals Graham Dorrans - no internationals Ryan Bennett - no

internationals

This just shows me one thing - there was plenty of

time to organise a victory parade on the streets of Norwich - when you consider

the international games are days away. In that period of time the players could

have done a parade.

McNally is a liar - the players who are on

international duty have lots of time before their international games. They

could have a holiday - between now and July 1st. They have been very selfish in

choosing to have their holidays rather than come into the city to celebrate

with Norwich fans.

Yes the players need a rest after a long hard

season - but doing a victory parade would not have stopped them having a rest

or a holiday. You have to realise they have weeks to organise a holiday between

now and July 1st. They have five weeks which is lots of time to go on holiday -

they just chose to put their holidays at a stupid time,

They have upset many families who couldn''t go to

Wembley - they have no time for these people. It''s so wrong that this city

should miss out.

Arsenal / Aston Villa will probably have a victory

parade if they win the FA Cup - I read an article where Arsenal were planning a

parade - that is because they care about seeing and spending time with their

fans. Idiots like McNally don''t care about the fans enough.

I appreciate the board appointed Alex Neill who has

been a great manager and led us to promotion. But I don''t believe it would have

been too much to ask to have a victory parade as a way of saying thank you to

everybody in this city who has supported this club.

After this year this club will have another

opportunity to celebrate success again. Especially as our record in the League

Cup & FA Cup is so bad. It''s pathetic that our club has to rely on getting

relegated and getting promoted. When we will actually win a proper trophy?