Sign in to follow this  
Popeye68

Parade

Pity. Good for the community and the City it''s self.

Brings people from afar into the City to the benefit of local businesses. Shops, restaurants and bars etc. I came u from the South and spent my fair share.

I see this as one of the functions of a successful football club.

Brings the community together and instils a feel-good factor around the place as a whole.

Manufactures increased interest and support.

In sum, a great day.

The binmen have ridiculed our last one, unaware of the fact that nobody could actually find Ipswich Town centre and of the benefits of such a day.

Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.

[quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

So, you''re only allowed to celebrate once Morty?

Having said that, I ''ve had one big celebration since 5ish yesterday afternoon..

P.S. How do you define, "proper fan?"

I sometimes visit a bar-owning Norwich-born friend in Northern Thailand.

His bar is bedecked in yellow and green, he often talks of little else than City matters and his knowledge is intense, he watches every possible (broadcast) second he can. he promotes our club in his far-flung corner of the World.

His circumstances mean he has not been to Carrow Road for five years.

Is he a "proper" fan?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

Having said that, I ''ve had one big celebration since 5ish yesterday afternoon..

His bar is bedecked in yellow and green, he often talks of little else than City matters and his knowledge is intense, he watches every possible (broadcast) second he can. he promotes our club in his far-flung corner of the World.

Is he a "proper" fan?[/quote]Would he have come to the parade, had there been one?

Have to agree with Morty on this one even if it does assume every fan could afford a ticket + travel. I see myself as very fortunate to be in that position but don''t assume everybody else is.

[quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

No there were not, we sold out all 38,000 - the club said they could have sold 60,000 that means tens of thousands could not get tickets.

Sorry I actually find it pretty offensive to suggest that anybody who was not at wembley were not proper fans!

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

Sorry I actually find it pretty offensive to suggest that anybody who was not at wembley were not proper fans![/quote]Ah well.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

No there were not, we sold out all 38,000 - the club said they could have sold 60,000 that means tens of thousands could not get tickets.[/quote]Every single person I know who was after a ticket, got one.I heard of virtually no one, other than muppets who suddenly decided with hours to go, that failed to get a ticket.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Excellent response, definitely convinced me :)[/quote]I really couldn''t care less if you are convinced or not lol.

This link should tell you when the next parade is, you missed 2015 already so have to wait for next years.http://www.norwichpride.org.uk/

If we had won the league, yeah, a parade would be great and fitting.  If we had finished second - well, maybe.  However, we came third and got through the playoffs, a parade feels a bit OTT.
Why do we need a parade to "celebrate"?  Weren''t we all celebrating yesterday, wherever we were?

Sorry I actually find it pretty offensive to suggest that anybody who was not at wembley were not proper fans![/quote]"Your not a fan,Your not a fannnn,Didnt see you at Wembley,Your not a fan"

Well I know of plenty. The pubs were packed in the city on Saturday. There were huge queues of people turned away from Carrow Road and thousands more stuck in queue''s on the Wednesday who did not get through.

But obviously because all your mates got tickets it wasn''t an issue!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="morty"]Its simply down to logistics, players need to have a break before some of them join up with international squads etc.And this isn''t meant to be divisive, but any proper fans should have done their celebrating at Wembley yesterday.There was plenty of tickets to go round.[/quote]

Stumpy ?

Is he a "proper" fan?[/quote]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Well I know of plenty. The pubs were packed in the city on Saturday. There were huge queues of people turned away from Carrow Road and thousands more stuck in queue''s on the Wednesday who did not get through.

But obviously because all your mates got tickets it wasn''t an issue![/quote]

What do the pubs being packed on Saturday have to do with real fans being at wembley

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Well I know of plenty. The pubs were packed in the city on Saturday. There were huge queues of people turned away from Carrow Road and thousands more stuck in queue''s on the Wednesday who did not get through.

But obviously because all your mates got tickets it wasn''t an issue![/quote]Pubs packed on Saturday you say?No, not an issue for me, sorry.So, you didn''t go yourself?

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]No I did not go, tickets sold out or did you miss that?[/quote]So why didn''t you check on here?There were countless threads offering tickets, including season ticket holders like myself, who got tickets for other people.You''re a member of a Norwich City forum, and never thought to check here?Sounds like you didn''t try very hard.

So happy for all the fans that got tickets for wembley and hope you all had a great day, it looked amazing to see the sea of yellow and green.

Just don''t imply people unlucky enough not to get tickets are not real fans :)

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Yes I tried, I thought of nothing else, but tens of thousands didn''t get tickets a few people offering them on a pink un forum was hardly going to satisfy demand.[/quote]But you never thought to try here?