Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Worrying times ahead in the top flight for City

Smaller teams which play football like Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea are on the rise precisely because there are too many sides who got lazy and complacent by playing direct, defensive rubbish. The footballing sides can get promoted, stay up and not worry about boring their fans to death.For a club of Norwich''s size, as soon as you stop competing then you risk ending up in the championship. Smaller sides which decide to slug it out each week are a dime a dozen and rarely achieve anything.

The whole footballing ethos of the club needs root and branch reform, Ketts rebellion style. We WILL NOT win anything setting up like Brazil - We share the same colour shirts, THAT’S IT. .

Love the picture rummun.

That was the look that Tettey got towards the end of the match when he played a pass out rather than putting it down the field in the corner (I suspect that''s where he was told to put it).

That look is enough to make a grown man cry.....

[quote user="True Grit"]We''ve seen it time and time again, gain promotion to the top flight, couple of seasons and we''re back down.

Why..???

Our style is all wrong for top flight football - to try and play like brazil in the premier league is woefully ignorant. Flair Players like Redmond and Hoolihan just WONT cut it. People are reading too much into the performance yesterday. I would much rather see us set up like Middlesbrough and defend well than have Redmond do a couple of stepovers and run it off into the corner, or Hoolihan spin around like a ballerina. We need more tenacity and dogged determination rather than individuals ‘showing off’. Get some Sex pistols playing before the game and when we score - Never mind the bollocks

We were lucky yesterday, we should have walked that leauge, but it shows that the players are more concerned about going on holiday than serving the club and fans – no victory parade..?? really???[/quote]Are you the sort of person that reads this and a) fails to see the irony, and b) thinks ''yes, that''s sensible''?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Love the picture rummun.

That was the look that Tettey got towards the end of the match when he played a pass out rather than putting it down the field in the corner (I suspect that''s where he was told to put it).

That look is enough to make a grown man cry.....[/quote]

We need more looks like that, winning football matches isn’t about smiling and pleasantry’s. Roeder wasn’t given enough time to instil the no-nonsense, tenacious grit you need to establish yourself in the top-flight. If Huckerby can’t have a testimonial, so what?? Nobody is bigger than the establishment. My source within the club told me Roeder got reprimanded for telling the canteen staff that the cups of tea they were making for him were crap – why??? If something needs changing, then change it! Don’t pretend its ok and carry on in the vein hope that the next cuppa will be ok.

What worries me is that Alex Neill has been a manager for two seasons and in both he''s managed to get the team up to the next level, are we ready for The Champions League?

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Love the picture rummun.

That look is enough to make a grown man cry.....[/quote]

We need more looks like that, winning football matches isn’t about smiling and pleasantry’s. Roeder wasn’t given enough time to instil the no-nonsense, tenacious grit you need to establish yourself in the top-flight. If Huckerby can’t have a testimonial, so what?? Nobody is bigger than the establishment. My source within the club told me Roeder got reprimanded for telling the canteen staff that the cups of tea they were making for him were crap – why??? If something needs changing, then change it! Don’t pretend its ok and carry on in the vein hope that the next cuppa will be ok.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="True Grit"]We''ve seen it time and time again, gain promotion to the top flight, couple of seasons and we''re back down.

Why..???

Our style is all wrong for top flight football - to try and play like brazil in the premier league is woefully ignorant. Flair Players like Redmond and Hoolihan just WONT cut it. People are reading too much into the performance yesterday. I would much rather see us set up like Middlesbrough and defend well than have Redmond do a couple of stepovers and run it off into the corner, or Hoolihan spin around like a ballerina. We need more tenacity and dogged determination rather than individuals ‘showing off’. Get some Sex pistols playing before the game and when we score - Never mind the bollocks

We were lucky yesterday, we should have walked that leauge, but it shows that the players are more concerned about going on holiday than serving the club and fans – no victory parade..?? really???[/quote]

Who is this wa****? Why don''t you f*** off and do your trolling somewhere else.

[quote user="True Grit"]@miggins - Ahh, you see you''ve nailed it in the head there (my point I mean). The flair players you''ve mentioned would never come to City. I agree they''re effective, but not REALISTIC signings. We need low-key stalwarts who are prepared to die for the badge. Sick of fair weather players and management.[/quote]

What are you taking? To****!

Clearly a wind up.

I thought that at Wembley we played the toughest game for many a year, pressing hard, doubling up and covering, bursting well out of midfield and playing the ball wide, long or near as needed. We never let them have more than a couple of half chances and maintained a terrific commitment for the full 96 minutes. Calm, purposeful, controlled and powerful without being too aggressive or gung ho. And to quote Henry Winter from the Telegraph- Norwich won because they played like a premier league team.

Yeah yeah, pass it off as a wind up.. yeah I''m a troll aren''t I. I l live and breathe the club and want the best for it. You can keep riding the hype train, ill be waving at you when it derails.

[quote user="True Grit"]Yeah yeah, pass it off as a wind up.. yeah I''m a troll aren''t I. I l live and breathe the club and want the best for it. You can keep riding the hype train, ill be waving at you when it derails.[/quote]If you are a real City fan you will know that our progress has never been smooth, there will always be bumps somewhere down the road. We are not Arsenal or Man Utd and sometimes things don''t go our way but I have seen 9 promotion''s and 8 relegation''s and if I live long enough I fully expect to see a few more ups and downs in the coming years. We are Norwich City and that''s what we do.As a City fan, all you can do is live in hope.

I''m well aware we aren''t an Arsenal or Man U. Have you read any of the thread? I''m not saying we can even think about getting to that level before we establish our self as a top flight team, like Stoke and west Brom have over the last decade.

[quote user="True Grit"]I''m well aware we aren''t an Arsenal or Man U. Have you read any of the thread? I''m not saying we can even think about getting to that level before we establish our self as a top flight team, like Stoke and west Brom have over the last decade.[/quote]Only the big 8 can say they are established in the Premier League. The rest of us will go back down at some time or another. That unfortunately is the reality.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]The picture under your name .......... Say no more.[/quote]Now, he was a true tit. [:D]

It would appear, True Grit, that you are not factoring in the ''Alex Neil'' factor.

Alex Neil is either an extremely lucky or an extremely gifted manager. Early days maybe, but entering the Premier League with Alex Neil at the helm offers a high dose of optimism that was never prevalent under the tepid tenure of Hughton.

I''m not in the least bit concerned with the make-up of the squad next season because I fully believe that AN will get them competing and playing with greater commitment and style than Hughton could ever begin to imagine, and will be plenty good enough not to be dragged into any relegation battle.

unique wrote the following post at 27/05/2015 8:14 PM:

It would appear, True Grit, that you are not factoring in the ''Alex Neil'' factor.

Alex Neil is either an extremely lucky or an extremely gifted manager. Early days maybe, but entering the Premier League with Alex Neil at the helm offers a high dose of optimism that was never prevalent under the tepid tenure of Hughton.

I''m not in the least bit concerned with the make-up of the squad next season because I fully believe that AN will get them competing and playing with greater commitment and style than Hughton could ever begin to imagine, and will be plenty good enough not to be dragged into any relegation battle.

Yep😄

Jenkins, you''re missing the point. Joe Pasquale doing the team talk with Rolf Harris drawing the formation and tactics on the whiteboard would have got us out of the championship this season. I''m talking about us changing from being the whipping boys in the prem to an established side like Stoke.

Not sure you should be mentioning Rolf Harris and whipping boys in the same post, add in a man with a soprano voice and I am wondering how your mind works.

Perhaps you are trying to be a bit too clever my boy!! 😳

[quote user="True Grit"]Joe Pasquale doing the team talk with Rolf Harris drawing the formation and tactics on the whiteboard would ...[/quote]Make more sense than the utter shiite you are talking You are a troll, nothing more nothing less. And if your shiite doesn''t point that out your 20 posts since 2007 should. So back down the A140 with you, binfecker.

label me as a troll all you want, I live and breathe the club. I have largely been a silent guardian, over watching the forum throughout the years. I don''t say much but feel compelled to do so in order to rally the true fans, who can see the wood through the trees on this matter. I dont want to have to console my crying children because of the false hope instilled by the club again and again, year after year. How can we provide stability and long term morale when we are essentially a yo-yo club?

A fans consortium is needed. Think William Kett, gathering the partisan crowd under the tree up on Mousehold all those years ago. Stop looking in the mirror, look through the mirror.

Never mind the bollocks.

[quote user="True Grit"]the partisan crowd under the tree up on Mousehold all those years ago...[/quote]That was Ron Saunders. [<:o)]

[quote user="True Grit"]Jenkins, you''re missing the point. Joe Pasquale doing the team talk with Rolf Harris drawing the formation and tactics on the whiteboard would have got us out of the championship this season. I''m talking about us changing from being the whipping boys in the prem to an established side like Stoke.[/quote]
Evidently not. Neil Adams (gracefully) resigned with us out of the play-off places, let alone the autos. Cardiff and Fulham fans will also testify to the fact that the Championship is certainly NOT a cakewalk. I think your judgement is clouded, if not totally obscured my man. 

I thought the OP might actually have been serious, right up to the point where he said that Roeder hadn''t been given enough time to instill the no nonsense tenacious grit you need to establish yourself in the top flight.

Roeder was taking us into the 3rd flight, not the top flight, with his terrible loan signings, dross like Omozusi, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, his only decent loan was Leroy Lita.

And all this talk of cups of tea, flair over flight, form over function-sounds like Glenn Hoddle on one of his more unstable days.