Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Worrying times ahead in the top flight for City

We''ve seen it time and time again, gain promotion to the top flight, couple of seasons and we''re back down.

Why..???

Our style is all wrong for top flight football - to try and play like brazil in the premier league is woefully ignorant. Flair Players like Redmond and Hoolihan just WONT cut it. People are reading too much into the performance yesterday. I would much rather see us set up like Middlesbrough and defend well than have Redmond do a couple of stepovers and run it off into the corner, or Hoolihan spin around like a ballerina. We need more tenacity and dogged determination rather than individuals ‘showing off’. Get some Sex pistols playing before the game and when we score - Never mind the bollocks

We were lucky yesterday, we should have walked that leauge, but it shows that the players are more concerned about going on holiday than serving the club and fans – no victory parade..?? really???

TrueGrit, you must be fun at parties! We were doing fine in the prem for 2 and a half seasons last time out, no reason it can''t be fun this time. Even that dull Houghton 11th place we had famous wins over man u and man city.

If this OP is to be taken seriously...

You are definitely the annoying @rsehole that sits behind me in the lower Barclay and spouts out the most ridiculous negative bile throughout each and every game regardless of who and how we''re playing.

...and I claim my five pounds!

It''s going to take me a long time to come down from this and the great thing is that none of the idiot/ tight @rse/ moaning/ whining/critical/scum posters will effect my joy in any way whatsoever.

😄

You must hate that we won yesterday hey true sh it.

[quote user="True Grit"]

Our style is all wrong for top flight football - to try and play like brazil in the premier league is woefully ignorant.[/quote]Maybe actually wait to see how an Alex Neil team sets up and plays in the Premier League before claiming you already know what''s going to happen.I''m pretty sure Neil isn''t going to send his players onto the field to ''out-football'' Arsenal, Man City and the other usual suspects. That clearly wouldn''t work over the course of a season and the management will know that and will combat that fact, in both team preparation and player acquisition.And I quite enjoyed the victory parade around the Wembley pitch yesterday, thanks very much. That''ll do me. The players and staff have collectively worked their arsés off to win us this promotion. Some of them now have to go off and represent their countries, and the others can now enjoy an immediate well-earned break and prepare themselves for coming back next season and having a bloody good go again at the top flight.

I live and breathe the club, to pass me off as a ''miserable git'' is a cop out. I''m a realist and I''m not going to get sucked into the hype of yesterday, I''ve experienced it too many times before. Having to console my kids when we are relegated is heartbreaking and I''m not prepared to keep quiet about the improvements which need to be made in order for us to be an established premier league outfit, such as Stoke or West Brom. Those teams don''t play expansive and attractive football, but they have a toughness and no nonsense approach to the game. For far too long City fans have wanted to mould the club into a tikka-takka outfit, demanding flair over flight and form over function.

You''re not a realist because you''ve talked $hit. You criticise trying to play a passing game, yet look at Swansea, West Ham for the first half of the season, Southampton (despite losing their players in the summer).

We have basically the same team that finished 11th and 12th in the PL except we don''t have Holt, yet have replaced him with two strikers in Grabban and Jerome who has been a revelation (credit to Adams for that).

We have the tenacity and we need more people showing off, such as Redmond, rarely does he try to take on his man, he needs to show off.

Although this is probably a joke thread, obviously we weren''t lucky yesterday, we played much better than Boro after finishing above them in the table.

I believe Ipswich play in the manner that you would prefer to see. Why don''t you go and watch them, they''re not that far away.

I am simply astounded that any City fan can find negatives right now, whether it be about a season we haven''t played yet, or the price of things at Wembley.Some of you don''t deserve Norwich City...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]You''re not a realist because you''ve talked $hit. You criticise trying to play a passing game, yet look at Swansea, West Ham for the first half of the season, Southampton (despite losing their players in the summer).

We have basically the same team that finished 11th and 12th in the PL except we don''t have Holt, yet have replaced him with two strikers in Grabban and Jerome who has been a revelation (credit to Adams for that).

We have the tenacity and we need more people showing off, such as Redmond, rarely does he try to take on his man, he needs to show off.

Although this is probably a joke thread, obviously we weren''t lucky yesterday, we played much better than Boro after finishing above them in the table.[/quote]

Exactly the type of City fan I''m talking about. You would prefer to see flair over function. Well what have our flair players won us over the years? I''m talking eadie, Fox, huckaby and now the new batch, redmond, hoolahan, etc We need the roy Keane and John Terry types. The duncan Fergusons, not 2 bit step-overers.

Never mind the bollocks.

I look forward to the expert opinion of true grit and his ilk featuring on this forum over the next 12 months.

As for the rest of us real fans, just enjoy it guys😄

As a club you obviously need a mix of both. John Terry is in a team with Oscar, Hazard, Willian etc. Roy Keane had the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo.

If you only have ''function'' (whatever that means in football) then you end up like Stoke under Pulis who play the most boring type of football known to man.

Swansea have both muscly and flair in their team and so have Southampton and Everton.

As long as we work hard and have enough quality in the squad we''ll be fine.Last season in the PL we didn''t work hard enough and didn''t get the balance of attack and defence right.

You''re the sort of ''fan'' who should go and support Stoke...or now West Brom

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]...Never Mind The Bollocks is an album and not a track.[/quote]

Yes I''m aware.

And It''s so more than an album; it''s a movement, a thought process and a fundemental approach City need to adopt. Time to toughen up. Never mind the bollocks.

@miggins - Ahh, you see you''ve nailed it in the head there (my point I mean). The flair players you''ve mentioned would never come to City. I agree they''re effective, but not REALISTIC signings. We need low-key stalwarts who are prepared to die for the badge. Sick of fair weather players and management.