Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Injury back up crisis?

Now to be fair, we have a balanced team, And have some very good players not just at this level but full stop. But my worry is that with our smallish squad were players to get injured (and lets face it, they are) who do we have as back up. Forwards for instance, Of course Ashton and leon, I don''t really need to explain their quality, But as back up, Thorne...and...well, If ashton and leon both were to get injured, with our luck. Could we bring up Hucks, play someone else on the wing? Again the same problem with the back, With only three to choose from, Injuries could throw us completly. We do have a fair few players in midfield, who can do a job if needed elsewhere, Although some positions are nicely filled, right back for instance. I mean to say, what happens if/when we get injuries?

It''s possible to imagine disastrous consequences if a leading player is injured, but we are thin all round - we have only two senior right backs, four centre backs, etc. It would be academy players drafted in, or players way out of poisition.If we had something like last year, - how many injuries at one time?, - we could struggle to pick any sort of team without a few academy players.Perhaps Worthy and the Club are waiting to see what happens, and then gambling on a buy or two in the winter window if there is a problem. But it is a gamble, and could be too late to pull back into the play-offs.To be really pessimistic, if we miss out on promotion by a big margin, who could rely on Ashton, Green, Shackle, Colin, etc., stopping?At the moment our squad is smaller than last season. It''s a big ganble to go into a long hard season with so few. Come on Worthy! All power to your elbow!