Sign in to follow this  
unique

FIFA in meltdown?

I live in hope, he deserves some kind of retribution for what the crooked old c*** has done to football.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32895048[/url]Oh dear[:D]

They''re probably those members who were going to vote against him....

Arrests are of officials from South/Central America in relation to local tournaments.

Blatter isn''t stupid enough to actually commit any crimes, he can make millions without having to get his hands dirty - he just lets other make their millions that way while turning a blind eye (which keeps them loyal and voting for him).

The FBI will try and squeeze some evidence out of the arrested members about corruption in the 2022 World Cup but I doubt they will be able to get enough evidence to follow it up.

I expect people like Warner, Li and Webb will get done - but it won''t go much higher. It has taken out some Blatter allies though which will make it harder for him to win his election. But he should still comfortably get over the line.

It will be interesting to see if he turns up in the USA in June 2016 as planned. He hasn''t been there since mid 2011.

Think this raid has shown that the FBI don''t have anything on Blatter, certainly not enough to arrest him.

They would have loved to bundle him away with the others today if possible. If anything he will be feeling more secure today.

Time for UEFA and CONMEBOL to either buoycott or break away from FIFA , and bring them to their knees

The simple truth is that either by being complicit or incompetent to bribery and racketeering within his organisation

Especially as these charges are directly linked to Russia & Qatar world cups blatter has no place being in charge of Fifa in any shape or form, he should withdraw from the election before this becomes even more farcical than it already is.

He''s like the emperor out of Star Wars evil

The arrests made today by Swiss on behalf of the FBI have nothing to do with Russia or Qatar and relate back to tournaments in South America going back to the early 1990s.

The Swiss are opening a separate investigate from the FBI into the World Cup allegations, but this is on the request of FIFA so is unlikely to have massive repercussions.

There are two investigations on going at the sametime.

The one, which resulted in the Swiss arresting people for the FBI is to do with tournaments in South America.

The Swiss Department of Justice has also opened up a criminal investigation against ''persons unknown'' into corruption and money laundering during the Russia and Qatar World Cup bids. This criminal investigation is the result of evidence handed over to them by FIFA and was requested by FIFA.

FIFA knew the Swiss one was coming, they did not know the FBI would start requesting arrests and extraditions for crimes going as far back as 1990.

Quotes from the BBC:"This

is good for Fifa," Walter De Gregorio told a news conference. "It

hurts, it is not easy, but it confirms we are on the right track." De

Gregorio said Blatter was "very calm", adding that the 79-year-old Swiss

"is fully co-operating". Fifa later issued a statement welcoming

"actions that can help contribute to rooting out any wrongdoing in

football".

Only in the world of FIFA could the arrest and alleged corruption

of senior officials be spun as a good news story! These guys are so grotesque, and must be stopped. They''re a fu(king

caricature of themselves.

Once the FBI get their hands on them they will probably offer plea bargains in return for incriminating evidence against Blatter. I hope so anyway.

FIFA pushed for prosecutions and now they are getting them.

Don''t think FIFA is completely run like Sepp''s fiefdom, there are a lot of good people in there trying to stop the corruption. They just don''t get enough support from the hierarchy as they need.

FIFA is improving, little by little.

No, it isn''t getting better

And the sooner it''s burned to the ground the better

How do they all sleep at night after so many of the slaves who built the stadiums in Qatar were killed in it''s construction due to completely unacceptable working conditions? So those already very rich old men got a bit richer and in their minds that''s an acceptable compromise?

I can''t believe such a backwards elitist country like Qatar can still be allowed to host it after this! It''s funny that Blatter opposition is a Jordanian prince, lol, another elitist nutjob born into wealth and power who''d be given free reign to make massive decisions that affect so many people without himself having the slightest clue how the real world works for most ordinary people. Not that he or anyone else at FIFA would care as long as they make even more money.

I''d love nothing more that for all nations to boycott FIFA and for their entire empire and large amounts of their undeserved wealth and influence to crumble around them. Hope a good few get locked up as well

Hope the whole lot get locked up. Complicit in mass corruption the lot of them.

A friend of mine tells a story of someone he knows, a Swiss national, who worked for Fifa at the time the USA hosted the world cup in 94. They were emloyed in an accountacy role (a fairly junior one i believe). They were told to fly out to the US and deliver a briefcase. In the briefcase was a large amount of money they had to hand over to someone. Wanting to keep their job they did as they were told, and asked no questions. Seems a strange way to transfer money in this day and age doesn,t it?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It really is - there are a lot of people within the organisation striving to improve it, unfortunately you will only ever hear about the ones at the top who like things just as they are.[/quote]You are obviously more in the know but to the average punter like myself , FIFA is simply seen as a cesspit run by the white Mugabe and his cronies. Until Blatter is booted into touch nobody is going to notice the good stuff that gets done, because people are purely focused on him.

" the white Mugabe ". Interesting analogy Herman.

I fully expect him to be seizing land in the near future however.😄

Hopefully VISA are about to pull out

Once one goes they all will

Someone is going to roll on Blatter and the bigwigs to avoid jail.

They are nothing if not spineless

And fuc4 their s4it football game as well while we''re at it