Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Leroy Fer Transfer Clause

Didn''t we whack in a 20% sell on clause on him? Hopefully he will be sold in summer as once he''s over his niggling fitness issues, he''ll be a top player. I am one of the few that''d have him back to be honest. I thought we really missed him when he got injured last season and that''s part of the reason we went down. Give him a summer of getting to peak fitness and I think there''s a top player in there. We could get him cheap because of the clause as well.

Norwich are going to receive a considerable chunk less due to a large part of the payment was reliant on QPR remaining in the Premier League.

Sell on clauses are usually on any profit a club makes rather that the total amount so I doubt Norwich will get much from it.

Fer would be a great player for a team who won''t be in a relegation scrap. Stoke and Swansea would be good moves for him, I have a feeling he''ll leave England though.

Quality player and probably in the top three targets from the relegated teams - along with Ings & Austin. He will perform well again wherever he ends up.

Not many others to attract our attention - Davies and Phillips perhaps.

Seeing as Trippier seems to be pretty much Spurs bound, as does Ings, there''s not a lot more from Burnley i''d want. Kightly could be a solid wing option i guess, Scott Arfield and George Boyd weren''t bad either as well as Ben Mee but they wouldn''t be my first choices of targets.

At Hull, Yep, Curtis Davies, i forgot about him, i''d happily have him, we''ve been linked before as well. He''s older than I thought now though (30). Looks like he''s been out injured and badly missed as well according to whoscored.com

James Chester seems a good prospect as well. Past that i''m not sure. N''Doye looks alright but not great as do Jelavic and Hernandez and Elmohammedy just doesn''t convince me. Robertson would interest me though but I can''t see him displacing Olsson straight away.

From QPR i''d have Austin obviously but then so would pretty much any premiership club. I''d take Fer back at a reduced rate and maybe Phillips. Past them, the others don''t convince me.

I notices that An, Ruddy and Russ Martin have all said very similar things this week, about potential new players, in that the new boys would have to fit in to the dressing room.

Doesn''t matter if you are Luis Suarez, if you are going to disrupt what the lads have built, you ain''t coming in

Fer? Agree with what has been said. I liked him as a player, and had no issue with him leaving last summer. His (only?) choice of QPR was a bit mystifying, and his comments about a ''better team'' were stupid, but pure playing ability? Yes, I would have him in our squad, but it ain''t going to happen

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich are going to receive a considerable chunk less due to a large part of the payment was reliant on QPR remaining in the Premier League.

Sell on clauses are usually on any profit a club makes rather that the total amount so I doubt Norwich will get much from it.

Fer would be a great player for a team who won''t be in a relegation scrap. Stoke and Swansea would be good moves for him, I have a feeling he''ll leave England though.[/quote]
I hear this all the time regarding Fer, but like most players, you have to prove yourself for better teams to be interested. I''m not too sure he''s done that. Certainly not consistently.

Hogesar, I see it like our vey own Gary Hooper. He''s not one of these who can waltz into the modern day elite game after a few weeks off and run around like a headless chicken like some players can (natural fitness i guess). THey both take time to get up to pace and in both their cases, have had little niggling injuries here and there that has disrupted their consistency. If Fer can get a good summer of training on him this year, he''ll start to fulfill that potential.

Michael Kightly, christ no !!!!!!!!!!

The only ones worth having from the relegated sides are,

Charlie Austin - Villa ?

Matty Phillips - Newcastle, WBA ?

Steven Caulker

Curtis Davies

James Chester

Kieran Trippier - Spurs ?

I keep seeing Caulkers name pop up on these type convos, he''s never convinced me to be honest, seems a mistake waiting to happen and far too slow reactions.

Fer strikes me as a bit o f a big time Charlie.  He’s fine when everything’s going well in a game, but goes missing when the going gets tough.

He’d be great for a team who control games but not so sure he’s cut out for a battle.

In regards to players from the relegated teams Tom Huddlestone is worth a mention surely.

hes a mercenary who plays for himself, not really someone youd want at your club if you were trying to build something long term, and clearly not very intelligent as he thought joining qpr was a good option

2 seasons 2 relegation''s, great premier league record that

Of all the players we have had in the last three years, and before, he is the one with the most class. IMO.

Of all the players we have had in the last three years, and before, he is the one with the least appetite for the fight.

He polarises the constant argument of the hard worker versus the player with that magic touch. He sure ''aint no Bradley Johnson.

We all have an inclinination of what Alex Neil prefers.

Class excites though

Buying players from relegated teams usually gets you relegated, Ask Hull and QPR.I''m expecting to be a little cleverer in our transfer dealings this year.