Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

"Norwich city dynasty".... Sounds pretty good !

Not sure if this has been posted already but it''s a good time to be a norwich city fan!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/alex_neil_aims_to_build_a_norwich_city_dynasty_1_4091981

Neil wants to repeat his successful experiment at former club Hamilton.

“I could have probably told you the expected line up two or three years down the line, in terms of which youngsters were coming through, which would kick on, perhaps the ones who would move,” he said. “That is certainly the position I would like to be in - to make sure there is never a lull and, for instance, if you lose experienced lads you have options ready, so it should be a staggered process. In England it is difficult to build that longevity but if the majority of clubs adopted that a bit more it would certainly help them and stabilise.”

All bodes well for the future, also suggests that we will see more emphasis on younger players coming through ?. lets hope he is here for a long time too see it through.

Well if our squad next year has the 14 players below at its core than we will be starting from a very strong position - I would not want to see any of these leave.

For me all others in our squad are optional, (tho not many I want to leave) but adding quality to this heart of the team and we should be strong.

Ruddy

Rudd

Whittaker

Olsson

Martin

Bassong

Tettey

Dorrans

Howson

BJ

Wessi

Redmond

Jerome

Grabban

As far as quality coming through I dont know that we do have that; Matthews, Toffolo, Murphyx2, McGrandles (wonder what ANs view of him is as he will know him very well), Thompson, Loza & Morris all have league experience now; but none have yet truly shown prem level aptitude - another loan season beckons for most I suspect.

Just sharing my opinion. For me, Hooper simply cant do the single striker role that we will use next season. He is a great finisher but his work ethic is not great and all bar one of his goals came against lower championship teams. That he was dropped more often than RvW, not been able to persuade any of the three managers he has been under that he is good enough to deserve a regular start says something. I think Grabban, apart from not playing well part of a pair, has done well for us.

Happy for GH to stay and be a bit player from the bench - is he?

Your view is different - but no more right than mine.

I''d personally keep hold of Hooper, but if we got a good offer then maybe we''d sell. I like the mix of Jerome/Grabban/Hooper. I''d love us to add a pacy forward a la Callum Wilson (shame we never got him) or someone like Dwight Gayle, but we''ll see what AN goes for. I trust his judgement.

Definitely like to see another right-back, winger, CB and possibly an attacking/creative mid, but we''re fairly well covered on the whole and have good foundations. Exciting times ahead!

Sounds very good, and implies that he expects to be with us long enough to found the dynasty. That cheered me, because he surely knows that the big boys will come with their chequebooks if he does well in the Premiership.

Well Hairy ,,, I suspect that he preferred Grabban in the " championship "

Do you really think that Grabban would cut it in the EPL ? I have my doubts on what I have seen of him in every home game he has played this year and a couple of away games .

I guess we will find out

OTBC