Sign in to follow this  
Madison

Areas we need to strengthen for the Premiership.

I''d say we need a quality CB is our priority. I''d be interested to see how others saw as their top priority.

Agree with the CBs being the priority.

But also need a striker, a left midfield and a replacement tettey for when tetteys knee needs that rest

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Right CB

Right FB

Centre Forward[/quote]
Do you not think that Whitaker can do a job in the Prem Highland? 

Agree we need a new RB. Whittaker has improved drastically under AN and is excellent at going forward but he is our weakest link defensively by quite some way. The thought of him lining up opposite Hazard is terrifying.

A right-back to compete with Whittaker/take his place

Another quality centre-back to add to Bassong, Martin and Bennett (who is injured more than most)

Another defensive midfielder in the Tettey mould for the reasons mentioned previously (his knee)

A genuine left-winger

Possibly an attacking midfielder to take over from Hoolahan long-term and compete with Dorrans who can possibly play a creative role

A fourth striker to compliment Jerome, Grabban and Hooper. I''d love to see a strong, pacey option Ã¡ la Callum Wilson/Dwight Gayle who can handle the lone role like Jerome

Given when we came down, Ruddy, Tettey, Olsson and Howson were about the only players who were up to it, I think we need a fair amount of quality added. Yes people like johnno and bassong have got back to/found their best (wes and Redmond on their day) but I hope we still bring in: a RB, CB, natural LW, a DM, an AM and a Striker. That''s 6 signings so not too ambitious to hope for.

[quote user="kick it off"]Agree we need a new RB. Whittaker has improved drastically under AN and is excellent at going forward but he is our weakest link defensively by quite some way. The thought of him lining up opposite Hazard is terrifying.[/quote]That''s your opinion but in my opinion he''s been far far better than Olsson this year and I think the LB position is in need of strengthening far more than the RB position, especially now Garrido has just left. Another CB to play alongside Bassong, need another wideman, someone to challenge Hoolahan in that role as Hoolahan has been found wanting in the Premiership and another top class striker if possible.

In reality we need another RB, LB & CB, strikers we have, can they score enough, yes if we feed them with quality chances so there is the key signings, pace winger for cover and a younger better Wes is a must, who is the question to be answered by Neil in the summer.

I struggle with the supposed improvement of Whittaker too Ellis. He has been consistently our best fullback all season. I guess there''s no need for a scapegoat when we''re winning.

We obviously will need to bring in some quality. But I believe we have a more balanced squad than when we came down. And Redmond looks ready to take the prem by storm.

We currently haveRuddy

Rudd Whittaker

Olsson

Martin

Bassong

BennettMiguel
TurnerTettey

Dorrans

Howson

JohnsonHoolahanRedmond
AndreuBennettVOOO''NeilHooperJerome

Grabban

RVWThat gives 23 senior players. Remove those I think will move (italics)and you have 19 players. So I would expect around six to come in. It could be that Elliot Bennett and Miguel also move on. Certainly another left back, a central defender and a striker are certs. Leaving another three players to make up the 25.Currently we have a tremendous wealth of young talent emerging, all of who, can play in the PL by the fact they were be born after Jan 1st 1994. Murphy (2), Morris, Gaffatai, Toffolo, Thompson, McGrandles The question is, will another six (?) players be enough to strengthen the squad or will we have to move on a few more ?

We''re equally decent in all areas. But you have to bring in some extra quality when you get promoted to the PL. For me we have no weakness that urgently need strengthening but we don''t have anyone head and shoulders above the rest that will make a big impact next year.

Competition for Tettey is a must because of his knee(Mulumbu?). A striker who has scored a few goals in this league before would be a very smart acquisition, even if they''re not that prolific (Jelavic, Long, Murray, Gayle?)

But even though we know we can count on Martin, Bassong and Bennett if he ever get''s over his injuries an intelligent, experienced leader at the back would be my no.1 target. No idea who though

We could also do with a full back to compete for a place, maybe a younger talent on loan like we did with Naughton last time?

[quote user="kick it off"]Agree we need a new RB. Whittaker has improved drastically under AN and is excellent at going forward but he is our weakest link defensively by quite some way. The thought of him lining up opposite Hazard is terrifying.[/quote]

"our weakest link defensively by quite some way" is, frankly, rubbish.

But I do look forward to us signing that new right back who will find it easy dealing with someone like Hazard.

I''d like a commanding CB like Caulker, Huth or Dawson - all 3 are realistic.

Graeme Shinnie would be good cover in FB areas. Mentioned by Gary Holt today (on Sky) as a ''boy he likes''.

I would like to see a pacy, athletic right FB to challenge/replace Whitts.

As others have said, we need a player in the Tettey mould, this position seems crucial to AN''s tactics. As does a rangy powerful frontman. AN sees Hooper as a no 10 so that leaves Grabban and Jerome (RvW?) as no 9''s.

Finally, on the wish list, someone like Sako from Wolves do give some width if we need it on the left.