Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

25,000!

Unless my lugs were on strike, I am sure I just heard that each of the FA Cup finalists have been given 25,000 tickets each.

It has to be time for this rule to change. Approx 40,000 other tickets to other sources is a ridiculous figure to be denied to the Finalists.

But the rest go to the football family.[:|] (A family as big as that must be from Ipswich). No, it doesn''t seem fair. The FL did it best with the play-off finals. The FA Cup is not good for fans of either club. Great for freeloaders though.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Corruption isn''t confined just to FIFA.[/quote]

Almost all big institutions are prone to a level of self-interest at the top level - the FA are no exception, except that transparency is becoming more of an issue for these institutions and that can only be good.  The fans of both final clubs are treated disgracefully and you would think that the penny would have dropped with the FA that this kind of thing is not good for their image.  They are still living in the past and need shaking out of it.

When I played in the Anglian combination we used to get a couple FA cup tickets to the club.

Not sure if tickets are still dished out to football clubs round the country?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Corruption isn''t confined just to FIFA.[/quote]I don''t think this is anything to do with corruption. Wembley cost £757m to build, and these tickets to sponsors, the ''football family'', and this Club Wembley bollocks is needed to pay it off, unfortunately. It is sad, but that is the way it is.

That''s how I''ve always understood it Indy, and as there are approx 40,000 ''non-fianlists'' tickets available, that system still exists?

It''s patently not fair on the finalists, especially those (like Arsenal) who have home gates of over twice as much as the numbers offered.

As well as the 50,000 ticket split between the two finalists, approximately 20,000 tickets will be distributed to volunteers through the football family which includes counties, leagues, local clubs and charities.

Football family tickets will also include the 92 Premier League and Football League clubs, plus another 134 Full Member clubs and all clubs that have reached the Third Round Proper of this season''s competition.

As The FA Cup Final is part of the Club Wembley membership package, 17,000 tickets will be used by Club Wembley members.