Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

McAvoy interview/article on AN:'We will grace the Premier League next season.'

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/alex-neil-footballs-most-ruthless-manager-and-why-he-was-always-208525n.127468956

[quote user="mrs miggins"]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/alex-neil-footballs-most-ruthless-manager-and-why-he-was-always-208525n.127468956[/quote]Journalistic hindsight at its most preposterous, ffs. We all want Alex to succeed, but please avoid posting self-interested sh*te like the above article.

''IT is unknown what

the midwife said when Alexander Francis Neil first entered the world but

she probably commented on the fact that one day this baby would

definitely go on to become a football manager of some renown.''

Seriously!?!! [:D]

You absolute tit.

Really Shyster, as a racist and suspected peadophile who''s been banned more times than I can remember, you''re giving me advice on what not to post.

The interest of the thread imo did not come from which vagina he popped out of, but what his right hand man McAvoy had to say about him as you don''t often hear from the ''behind the scenes people'';

"It was just too good an opportunity to turn down," said McAvoy and with no great surprise added: "I was delighted because I have known for a long time that Alex was going to be a top manager.

"His football knowledge is exceptional. He has passion and intelligence. He was also a top player and that is something which has been overlooked. He knew exactly what to do in possession and where to be without the ball. He always knew what position to be on the park. He''s always been a deep thinker about the game.

"I''ll bet you that any footballer finds him a dream to work for. They know exactly what he wants from them. There are in no doubt what their job is on the pitch. He tells them what he wants to see. Nothing is hidden.

"I''ve worked with him for ten years now. The guy is a winner. He is so focussed and incredibly driven. He has this fear of letting people down. It''s that fear of failure which carries him through."

---

I also wonder what will happen to Gary Holt in the coming season. When we scored AN has always included him in the celebrations as much as McAvoy despite only knowing him for a few months, they all seem to be working together which you don''t see very often as there''s normally a reluctance to throw yourself into the job with new people. It was nice to see because it must have been difficult for Gary having seen Mark Robson, then Adams, then Phelan go as AN and McAvoy came in. It''s nice to see that he looks like he''s been accepted into the set up with open arms instead of reluctance.

Great post! I always enjoy/agree with your opinions Mrs Miggins...

I really hope we can keep hold of him, wouldn''t be nice if we could replicate what Nottingham Forest or Charlton achieved.

Holt was also second choice as Adams'' coach. Adams originally wanted Steve Foley but the board (probably McNally) vetoed the idea. But so far Holt seems to have worked well within the current setup.PS I know he''s a tad rude and talks out of his backside, but what makes you think Quentin is a child fiddler? That''s a potentially very libellous thing to write about someone.

Cheers CC

In response to 93Vintage on Quentin/Shyster, personally I do not think he is a child fiddler but, as you can see from accusations on other recent threads about him, his posts on the ''non football'' section of that part of the forum has led to the suggestion of it. He''s said some truly terrible things this year on that part of the forum, which has been deleted and he has been banned for it for.

I actually defended Shyster on this section of the non-football part of the forum (which he did thank me for) as people were accusing him of this, I am not accusing him of this as I think its very unlikely that he is a ''child fiddler,'' what I said was that it has been suggested that he so, making the suggestion that it is ironic that he''s telling me what is good enough to post.