Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Everybody needs good neighbours - "Fighting Chance" charity

After beating the binners three times this season and after securing another season with Premier League riches, it is sad** to think of our neighbours down the road suffering another season under the elusive asset-stripper''s regime, having to scrabble around in the bargain bins for free signings, loanees and rejects while the Mings millions are spent on tangible fixed assets.
So, in a gesture of goodwill and philanthropy for which I am well known, I have set up the "ITFC Fighting Chance" charity.  This charitable organisation will be raising money for the ITFC transfer budget to give them a "fighting chance" of one day achieving something other than lower-mid table mediocrity in front of a half-empty stadium, and children from Suffolk having to use the likes of  Luke Hyam as role models.
I will get the ball rolling by pledging 10p for every £1 million we receive in Premiership funds.
Sign up here with your pledges to show your goodwill and generosity to those who need it most.  When we reach a significant sum of money I will arrange a half-time on pitch presentation at Portman Road.
PS: The first few hundred pounds raised will go to the St John''s Ambulance to repay them for the money owed them by the hoofball merchants after their 2003 spell in administration.
**funny

Not sure if this is a wind-up or not, but the idea does have mileage. It''d look great as a piss take in the media, with headlines of: ''Generous Norwich City fans raise £254 to double Ipswich Town''s transfer budget''.If everyone chips in the loose change in their wallet, we could have a real laugh with this.You should start the ball rolling with a Just Giving page, Bor. I''ll donate my spare £1.58.

As usual , a very good post from BBB . I have fudged around in my pocket ,,, I found £2.58 ,, a single electrical wiring block , a washer and some typical debris after a day working on site .

I therefore agree to donate anything left after I buy a bag of potatoes from the farm shop .

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]After beating the binners three times this season and after securing another season with Premier League riches, it is sad** to think of our neighbours down the road suffering another season under the elusive asset-stripper''s regime, having to scrabble around in the bargain bins for free signings, loanees and rejects while the Mings millions are spent on tangible fixed assets.
So, in a gesture of goodwill and philanthropy for which I am well known, I have set up the "ITFC Fighting Chance" charity.  This charitable organisation will be raising money for the ITFC transfer budget to give them a "fighting chance" of one day achieving something other than lower-mid table mediocrity in front of a half-empty stadium, and children from Suffolk having to use the likes of  Luke Hyam as role models.
I will get the ball rolling by pledging 10p for every £1 million we receive in Premiership funds.
Sign up here with your pledges to show your goodwill and generosity to those who need it most.  When we reach a significant sum of money I will arrange a half-time on pitch presentation at Portman Road.
PS: The first few hundred pounds raised will go to the St John''s Ambulance to repay them for the money owed them by the hoofball merchants after their 2003 spell in administration.
**funny
[/quote]

If you have any spare dosh, stop drivelling on about Ipswich and give it

straight to the St John''s Ambulance themselves.  Or perhaps that is the

philanthropic subliminal message intended by your op.......it must be

that, because otherwise, there is little point in the effort made to write it, because imo, it isn''t funny, clever or insightful.

I''ll give £1.27, and a pack of Polo''s with three (no, make that two) left - it''s all I have other than notes, which they certainly can''t have any of.

Actually, had we been more aware at the time we should''ve done a serious collection for the Suffolk St Johns Ambulance, to make up some of the £ owed by the binmen, that would have made their club look even shittier than it already does.

Living here and after taking so much crap over the years I saviour each day of piss taking at the moment, would give them a pit to pee in.

Well, I found it funny LDC

Branston, I didn''t think they needed notes anyway, as they seemed to have plenty, when they waved them at us, back in the day...............

''''If you have any spare dosh, stop drivelling on about Ipswich and give it straight to the St John''s Ambulance themselves. Or perhaps that is the philanthropic subliminal message intended by your op.......it must be that, because otherwise, there is little point in the effort made to write it, because imo, it isn''t funny, clever or insightful. ''''....................LDC

Did you have you sense of humour bypass on the NHS or did you go private?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]After beating the binners three times this season and after securing another season with Premier League riches, it is sad** to think of our neighbours down the road suffering another season under the elusive asset-stripper''s regime, having to scrabble around in the bargain bins for free signings, loanees and rejects while the Mings millions are spent on tangible fixed assets.
**funny
[/quote]

that, because otherwise, there is little point in the effort made to write it, because imo, it isn''t funny, clever or insightful.

[/quote]
I''ll donate another 50p for every day that LDC doesn''t hang around this forum acting like a pompous bellend with no sense of humour.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]After beating the binners three times this season and after securing another season with Premier League riches, it is sad** to think of our neighbours down the road suffering another season under the elusive asset-stripper''s regime, having to scrabble around in the bargain bins for free signings, loanees and rejects while the Mings millions are spent on tangible fixed assets.
**funny
[/quote]

[/quote]
I''ll donate another 50p for every day that LDC doesn''t hang around this forum acting like a pompous bellend with no sense of humour.
[/quote]
Wow, 50p a day, that oughta do it.

If you wish to be correct LDC it is St John Ambulance. There is no s. Likewise with the words Ipswich Town money. There is no f in the word money (as most City fans already know).My own thoughts are that we could play at charity game there. They always seem to get a full house when we turn up. Maybe take a few City legends down to parade round the pitch before the game (Roberts, Holt, Fleck) to sign autographs etc. Perhaps we could persuade Jamie Cureton to dye his hair green, that always goes down well.Whatever we do I think that weshould try to help our unfortunate neighbours and not moralise so much about how their feckless behaviour landed them in the mess they are in. What about an arms fair ? I''m sure they would have someone who could help to organise that.

[quote user="lake district canary"]imo, it isn''t funny, clever or insightful.[/quote]Surely that describes ALL your posts Lakey.Jealousy is an ugly emotion. [:$]

Humour is one thing, being told time after time how to post by the likes of Bor Bor Bor is something else.  Unpleasant to the max when confronted with anything remotely contesting what he writes.    I don''t mind if people find him funny - I would respectfully asked to be allowed to say if I don''t find it funny - at least I gave reasons and an alternative view point - such as giving some money straight to charity - and yes, I''m well aware the op isn''t supposed to be taken literally.

[quote user="Brian-Scott"]My own thoughts are that we could play at charity game there. They always seem to get a full house when we turn up. Maybe take a few City legends down to parade round the pitch before the game (Roberts, Holt, Fleck) to sign autographs etc. Perhaps we could persuade Jamie Cureton to dye his hair green, that always goes down well.Whatever we do I think that weshould try to help our unfortunate neighbours and not moralise so much about how their feckless behaviour landed them in the mess they are in. What about an arms fair ? I''m sure they would have someone who could help to organise that.[/quote]
To be fair, this is the best idea yet.  A charity match with the opportunity for despots and unpleasant regimes to make sealed bids for decommissioned NATO equipment at half time.
Better still, perhaps an FA Cup-style draw where a country is pulled from one pot and a package of arms from another, so number 14... Libya, Geoff.... will get package number 24... That''s three helicopter gunships Geoff.  Nice little match-up.  Smashing.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Humour is one thing, being told time after time how to post by the likes of Bor Bor Bor is something else.  Unpleasant to the max when confronted with anything remotely contesting what he writes.  [/quote]
That''s charming, especially after I supported you over the Holiday Inn eyesore.

I can''t believe I am taking a minute out of my life to write this , but hey ho, it''s a quiet Sunday

Perhaps LDC, you may just take it in the spirit it was intended, and no, you don''t have to find it funny, so just ignore it, and don''t comment on it.

It was a light hearted dig at our neighbours (there are hundreds of posts on this subject) Sometimes it''s better to say nothing at all

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Brian-Scott"]My own thoughts are that we could play at charity game there. They always seem to get a full house when we turn up. Maybe take a few City legends down to parade round the pitch before the game (Roberts, Holt, Fleck) to sign autographs etc. Perhaps we could persuade Jamie Cureton to dye his hair green, that always goes down well.Whatever we do I think that weshould try to help our unfortunate neighbours and not moralise so much about how their feckless behaviour landed them in the mess they are in. What about an arms fair ? I''m sure they would have someone who could help to organise that.[/quote]
To be fair, this is the best idea yet.  A charity match with the opportunity for despots and unpleasant regimes to make sealed bids for decommissioned NATO equipment at half time.
Better still, perhaps an FA Cup-style draw where a country is pulled from one pot and a package of arms from another, so number 14... Libya, Geoff.... will get package number 24... That''s three helicopter gunships Geoff.  Nice little match-up.  Smashing.
[/quote]A sort of Inter-City (arms) Fair cup, perhaps ?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I can''t believe I am taking a minute out of my life to write this , but hey ho, it''s a quiet Sunday

Perhaps LDC, you may just take it in the spirit it was intended, and no, you don''t have to find it funny, so just ignore it, and don''t comment on it.

It was a light hearted dig at our neighbours (there are hundreds of posts on this subject) Sometimes it''s better to say nothing at all[/quote]

If Bor was a little less insulting towards me on here generally, I might be a little more sympathetic towards him. I don''t find everything he says funny - like most comedians, they are funny sometimes, other times not.  Underneath the op there was a serious point - I picked up on it and made a suggestion - that if there is any merit in thinking about charity, its would be better to give the money straight to St John Ambulance.

no different to the countdown clock for relegation, waived wads of cash or #mindthegap is it?

#bantz

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Hang on, I thought they were minted? They did buy Freddie Sears and he must have cost at least 6 figures![/quote]

That did include the pence though didn''t it?

I''ll donate a shiny, new pound for every new fan they gain next season.

Have made the effort, fumbled in my pockets and come up with 36 pence and three used tissues.

Happy to donate the used tissues.

We should all start a donation to pay to St.John''s Ambulance to compensate them for the binners robbing them. Win-win, a charity gets money it''s rightfully owed and we get to show how much better than them we are.

Could someone actually organise this? I''d contribute

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Well, I found it funny LDC

Branston, I didn''t think they needed notes anyway, as they seemed to have plenty, when they waved them at us, back in the day...............[/quote]Me too.Bor is consistently the funniest poster on here.

Don''t knock LDC, the only time I get to read his drivel is on other posters threads as I have a rule i stick to religiously, never read threads started by LDC.

Been down the back of the sofa and came up with 93p I''m willing to donate.