Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Away Points

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Is it right that the away points wipe to 0 at the end of the season for everyone?[/quote]Nope, don''t think so.

Though disturbingly, I went to check on the website and despite having about 2000 points a few weeks ago, it now says I have zero!Pretty sure they don''t reset, and it must just be some sort of post Wembley glitch!

Thankfully they didn''t apply that rule this season, or wouldn''t have even made the playoffs....

But then they always do this before the start of each season, wouldn''t be fair to the relegated teams if everyone started with the points you won the previous season - although thinking about it, it''s a pretty good way of handicapping promoted / relegated teams...

:-)

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Just checked and I also have zero, same for all my friends and family. late last season was up to 1700[/quote]Maybe they disabled the points thing as part of something to do with Wembley tickets?I''d like to hope they will re-appear at some point.

Most of my away ''points'' were earned in the 80s :(

I might send Mr McN a telegram, and ask if there is any retrospective rewards for us pwoper fans

You''re on to something Crabby! When we reach the FA Cup Final next season and there''s only 25,000 tickets available I fully expect priority to be given to those who attended the four previous Wembley finals....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''re on to something Crabby! When we reach the FA Cup Final next season and there''s only 25,000 tickets available I fully expect priority to be given to those who attended the four previous Wembley finals....

[/quote]
And rightly so NN. However, I think we will be seeing a something along the lines of most recent ticketing allocation system adopted.
Which all things considered, seemed to work out ok.

[/quote]That''s you and me sorted then Nutty.If all these others can''t be bothered to be born a bit earlier that''s their problem......[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]That''s you and me sorted then Nutty.If all these others can''t be bothered to be born a bit earlier that''s their problem......[:D][/quote]

Feckless! That''s what they are! If they can''t be @rsed to be born what use are they[:^)]

I always understood that away points are recalculated each season eg. 1000 for your season ticket + 50 for each away match in the previous year + 50 for each away match in the current season. So in 2015/16 you have 1000 + 2014/15 and 2013/14 drop out..

Hope this makes sense.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I always understood that away points are recalculated each season eg. 1000 for your season ticket + 50 for each away match in the previous year + 50 for each away match in the current season. So in 2015/16 you have 1000 + 2014/15 and 2013/14 drop out..

Hope this makes sense.[/quote]So you should always have at least 1000.

Perhaps they''re going to review the points allocation? I think 1,000 points for season ticket holders is far too many. Unless I''m mistaken under the present system a season ticket holder who has attended no away games would be ahead of a priority member who''d attended 9 away games.

Perhaps they''re going to review the points allocation? I think 1,000 points for season ticket holders is far too many. Unless I''m mistaken under the present system a season ticket holder who has attended no away games would be ahead of a priority member who''d attended 9 away games.

[/quote]Whilst I don''t entirely disagree, I suspect they would have maybe mentioned it before slashing everyone''s points.

Perhaps they are just reprogramming the software. You would only start with 1000 points if you had been to no away games in the previous year.