Sign in to follow this  
TheTetteyRole

A look at the relegated clubs

Not trying to start any rumours but what about Elmohammdy from Hull? Can play RB or in midfield. Phillips would be good but unrealistic as other clubs would be interested.

This guy?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/04/ahmed-elmohamady-pulls-off-funniest-dive-ever-during-hull-city-v-arsenal-5181047/

He''s not a good enough RB for me and I don''t think we really need another right wingers.

Eh, personally, and I''ve been saying this for a while, the team is both pretty much equal ability wise and almost premier league quality already. The squad is strong too. So the obvious thing to do is buy already tested premier league players who can strengthen certain positions, and the obvious place to look is the relegated clubs. Players like Larrson would be fantastic, but probably wouldn''t be drawn (as they don''t know the complete superiority of this club over everything and everyone). We don''t need aging players like Zamora either. So who?

Wouldn''t touch Fer (overrated ) Snodgrass like wise best off without them, they soon wanted to leave us as soon as we went down

I don''t think i can handle the whole inverted wingers positions again. Nice and balanced as it is. Hull can now let Snoddy hold it up when on a counter for a change.

I liked Snoddy, just a really weird player to sign when we seemed to be set up to play on the counter. Lambert would have got so much more out of him.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]We''d get them cheap Alartz![/quote]

Still doesn''t make them good enough to keep you in the premier league.

That''s proven for both! Use your brain.

In years past clubs could pick up players from relegated teams relatively cheaply as they went through cost cutting measures. This isn''t really the case any more, Norwich managed to get £8m for Fer and Snodgrass (the latter with only a year left on his contract).

The really bargains, domestically at least, are the players larger clubs consider not quite good enough.

This is how Norwich picked up players like Turner and Bassong - who cost less than Fer between them.

There is always a question around the attitude of such players, but there is a similar question to be answered about players who were in a relegation fight and lost.

Personally I wouldn''t want anyone from Hull, QPR or Burnley as I don''t think there are many players there who could add to the current Norwich squad at a reasonable price.

I would certainly take Phillips from QPR. Along with Austin he''s been one of their better performers this year. Having said that the QPR players would not only be on a high wage but also seem to have a bit of a ''losers'' mentality, the last thing AN would want!

Robertson from Hull would also provide some good competition for Olsson''s place and could potentially play further forward.

I agree with Bethnal, I wouldn''t want anyone from the relegated clubs. We need to improve on what we have, Elmohamady is not an improvement.