Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

How much money did NCFC make from Wembley ticket sales?

I would estimate that about £2.5M was how much just the tickets raised in revenue, but how much will we see of that as a share?

I think you''ll find it is a common courtesy that the winning team gives their share of the gate receipts to the losers.

Don''t think we see any of that-isn''t the gentleman''s agreement that the losing finalists keep all the gate receipts and proceeds from that match as a ''softner'' for losing out on the enormous financial benefits of losing?

Birmingham did that for us when we lost in Cardiff, don''t know if that was the first time it was done but its been regular since then.

It was around 3 million total but then some money is taken out for Wembley''s event fee, VAT and the football league''s levy... the take after deductions was 1.5million each, but we won''t see any of it. We agreed with Boro that the losing team would take all proceeds from the day.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-set-benefit-more-financial-9351820?

Lol Daz, I suppose exceptions can be made!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Lol Daz, I suppose exceptions can be made![/quote]
Ron, I would say so as well, we wouldn''t want to get tainted like FIFA by bunging good money after bad to corrupt, bent and frankly vile football officials [;)]

[quote user="kick it off"]It was around 3 million total but then some money is taken out for Wembley''s event fee, VAT and the football league''s levy... the take after deductions was 1.5million each, but we won''t see any of it. We agreed with Boro that the losing team would take all proceeds from the day.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-set-benefit-more-financial-9351820?[/quote]
I didn''t know this (you learn sh1t everyday[:)]), and although it would do little soften the blow of losing, it is a great gesture. 

We may have given up the gate money at wembley but It wouldnt surprise me if our Wembley adventure still made the club a 6 figure sum

Every transaction at the box office incurred a fee even after processing and postage the club would still be up

Coach hire averages between £600-£800 but on a 50 seater they would have taken over £1000 per coach a profit of £200-£400

Then of course add merchandise sales, it soon all adds up

I believe the boro are using the extra cash to set up some extra food banks for their pauper fans.

As an aside we seem to have lost the Boro fans on this forum since last week. Has something happened to stop them contributing?

Why does the Club have to charge you £1.50 for using your credit card whereas my local village shop makes no charge for usage of a credit card for a few pounds ?? Bearing in mind the price of the tickets why did Wembley Stadium levy a £2.50 booking fee ?? Of course I know the answer "they have us over a barrel" !!!