Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Which way are we shooting again?

I noticed (to my horror and disappointment) that we started the game attacking the River End. The player also did the warm up in the Barclay half of the pitch. Was this because it was a friendly and was just for a change. Inter had the choice of which end to warm up and attack in the first half. Or this is something the players want to do this season. I''ll be bloody disappointed because having a season ticket in the River End, its great having the team coming towards us in the second half into the end where there are no away supporters and being pushed forwards by the Barclay. Also we seem to score more at that end. Really hope this isn''t going to be the case this season but there we go.

Statistics show that teams score more goals when shooting towards their most vocal fans.

Also 23% of all goals are scored in the last 10 minutes

Therefore it makes sense to shoot towards the Barclay in the second half as the Barclay and Snake Pit always make more noise than the more reserved folk (e.g. Rasputin?) of the River End.

(Plus it would mean that the opposition are not shooting towards their fans in the second half  - even if they are tucked away in the SOuth Stand. In fact it would make sense to put the away fans on the halfway line.)

I would have thought it would be better if the players are shooting towards the barclay in the second half? They get more vocal support, whilst the away players wont get anything as their fans are right down the other end!

I think we should stick the away fans in the NU Community Stand, tucked out of the way and with restricted views... that''d teach ''em....

I''d prefer them shooting towards the Barclay second half, too...

I think it''s fantastic and about time too.  No offence to the River End but the Barclay and snake pit make all the noise.  It makes sense to shoot that way in the second half.  Liverpool shoot towards the Kop, United to the Stretford End, Chelsea to whatever isn''t the shed!  Makes perfect sense to me

yeh u would think that that was the case but its not, we do score more goals at the river end, and me being a season ticket holder in the n+p stand lets keep it that way!

JP - Yes but thats because more goals are scored in the second half. I dont think it really matters either way that much, but it makes sense to shoot towards your vocal end in the second half when the majority of goals are scored.

If we score more goals in the last 10mins of a game, when we are usually shooting towards the river end, then we should keep it that way. How many times have those goals won us games? And anyway when we''re shooting towards the river end, they''ve got the noise behind them to spur them on.

Or maybe we''re just a superstitious lot, who don''t like change

Mouse, I would have thought the players would like to have the noise in front of them when they are attacking, and not right the way down the other end of the pitch! Although as you suggest it doesnt matter that much, the home dugout is the river end side so it naturally makes sense for us to warm up at the river end.

[quote]Mouse, I would have thought the players would like to have the noise in front of them when they are attacking, and not right the way down the other end of the pitch! Although as you suggest it doesnt ...[/quote]

Also, when we''re under pressure at the end of a game, the moans and groans from the Barclay must certainly not help the team.