Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

Max Gradel from St Etienne?

[quote user="Sebastian Asspong"]Would be a good signing in my opinion. We should give them ricky as part of the deal.[/quote]And being ex Leeds, this would annoy them also.Sounds good to me[Y]

From reading that story about on RVW on the site, sounds like Gradel did well 12 goals in last 12 games. I thought he was more of a left winger when he was at Leeds and not a striker.

Has been good the last couple of seasons for St Et, really found his goal scoring touch towards the end of the season.

Can play right, left or central - would be an excellent addition to the squad.

He''s looking for European football apparently and Swansea are alleged to be interested, but I''m sure he could be tempted to join old pals Johnson and Howson if the wages were right.

Could be a very neat solution to the RVW problem.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Has been good the last couple of seasons for St Et, really found his goal scoring touch towards the end of the season.

Can play right, left or central - would be an excellent addition to the squad.

He''s looking for European football apparently and Swansea are alleged to be interested, but I''m sure he could be tempted to join old pals Johnson and Howson if the wages were right.

Could be a very neat solution to the RVW problem.[/quote]Gradel has been linked with a move to Italy. I don''t know how strong that was. As for van Wolfswinkel, the weekend story in the local St-Etienne paper says he is definitely leaving the club, but it is a subscription-only article, so I can''t see beyond the headline and the first paragraph, so it may be more nuanced further down.

It seems the old story which St Et came out with about RVW is being recycled. Looks like an English language website about the French league rehashed to story, Archant picked it up and now looks like it is being run in France as new information. Fact checking is a luxury for many journos these days it seems.

From what I can understand nothing new has come out of St Et regarding Ricky - and McNally mentioned the clubs were in ''talks''.

Gradel''s sudden flurry of goals have alerted a few clubs to his ability to provide end product, he was regarded as a bit ''hit and miss'' previously. He also has an agent based in England, who is pushing him hard to PL clubs - probably hoping to find him one before his French agent flogs him to someone in Italy.

As if their weren''t enough football agents before players are increasingly having multiple agents working for them in different countries (all of whom often come out with contradicting stories). What joy!

I believe its Franck Tabanou LB at St Etienne that Swansea are interested in, but if it was to solve a problem like RVW then we should be exploring any opportunity, however small it may seem.

Posted the same thing earlier in the transfers thread. Would be a great buy! Ex Leeds for good measure as well (drove past elland road a minute ago actually, still a shit hole!)

I remember when he played for Leeds, he wasn''t that good. Not knocking the suggestion though, he doing well at S Etiene, but not good enough by quite some distance imo

Maybe he''s improved in the 4 years since leaving Leeds Mrs Miggins? He was regarded as one of Leeds best players, in the team that had Howson and Johnson who most feel are good enough for the Prem.

40 odd caps for Ivory Coast also suggest he''s a pretty good player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Maybe he''s improved in the 4 years since leaving Leeds Mrs Miggins? He was regarded as one of Leeds best players, in the team that had Howson and Johnson who most feel are good enough for the Prem.

40 odd caps for Ivory Coast also suggest he''s a pretty good player.[/quote]What with Gradel, Howson, Johnson....and while we''re at it let''s get Snodgrass back, it will just be like Leeds in league 1 again. Strange how that midfield was stuck there for so long and Leeds didn''t get promoted till most of them had left.....

Why not sign that free agent Becchio too and there we have the core of ex Leeds!

If most of them leaving howson/Johnson/snoddy all leaving once they got promoted would like to know how many they played in the middle

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 01/06/2015 5:58 PM:

Maybe he''s improved in the 4 years since leaving Leeds Mrs Miggins? He was regarded as one of Leeds best players, in the team that had Howson and Johnson who most feel are good enough for the Prem.

--------------------------

I''m sure he has improved Beth as most players do in a period of 4 years, how much he has improved is what I would question. He looks to have had a big impact since he left Leeds to play abroad but if we were to go for him, I wonder to what extent of this success is a reflection of his development.