Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

What is the strategy?

We''ve done it. We''ve got back in the premiership. Woo hoo!  But what now?   Do we go for it and have an attacking mind set, or are we going to be pragmatic and end up like a lot of other clubs, defensive and dull to watch?   A balance between the two? ( I honestly feel that is what Hughton tried to do and it obviously just didn''t work).  I am hoping against hope that we really go for it, show no fear and are really positive, even if sometimes results go against us.  It is how AN achieved what he did last season in the SPL, after all.   Will he be brave enough to do the same in the premier league?  I hope so and think he will.  

Or will the board stipulate or try to influence him otherwise, by putting too much pressure on him to stay in the league at all costs?  I would rather a fantastically competitive approach and attacking prowess, even if it means going down again. I don''t think we will go down, far from it, but what should the strategy be?   Is staying in the premiership at all costs going to ruin the joy of being in the top league, or can we look forward to an unalduterated free approach where AN can work his magic without fear. I don''t think he knows any other way, but pressures from elsewhere may take hold, especially if we go through any bad patches.

[quote user="lake district canary"]unalduterated[/quote]
Unadulterated.
You''re welcome.
And as a free service, I will list the clichés you used in your dismal thread starter:
We''ve done it.
Woo hoo!  
But what now?   Do we go for it 
an attacking mind set
I am hoping against hope 
we really go for it
show no fear 
results go against us. 
at all costs 
far from it
at all costs (x2)
work his magic 
without fear
bad patches
By the way, the answer to your latest tedious brainfart is "be patient, wait and see."  You''ll like that cliché.
Just don''t turn up to Carrow Road bringing negative or nervous vibes as I''ll have you slung out.

At the end of the day, it''s a game of two halves. We got to give 110% and not look over our shoulders. There all tough games. We''re just going to enjoy it and play with smiles on our faces. One game at a time. Ad some quality to the squad and we''ll be just fine. Anything higher than 17th will be a bonus.

[quote user="Just Dan"]At the end of the day, it''s a game of two halves. We got to give 110% and not look over our shoulders. There all tough games. We''re just going to enjoy it and play with smiles on our faces. One game at a time. Ad some quality to the squad and we''ll be just fine. Anything higher than 17th will be a bonus.[/quote]Every game needs to be a cup final.

I''ll be sick as a parrot if we don''t stay up! But it won''t be the end of the world as long as the players give 110% for the best fans in the world!

Well said.
It has to be one game at a time, taking nothing for granted. We will need to be hard to break down and resilient, offering some attacking threat while keeping it tight and not going all guns blazing.  (This is particularly true of six pointers where we play teams who are literally hovering above the relegation trapdoor).  One step at a time, let''s not get ahead of ourselves, but if we avoid the trap of erring on the side of caution and give free rein to our natural attacking instincts then we have a real chance to cement our Premier League status and literally put Norwich on the map.
Any questions?

And always. Always, make the spare man count in dead ball situations.

How can anyone complain if the players leave nothing on the pitch!

As long as Neil has a plan B we should be OK

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And with our 12th man behind us, we can go all the way.[/quote]

And win or lose we will have some booze, and if we draw we will have some more "John Sillet"

A bit of fun on LDC, but heck let''s not attacking the guy personally on every thread. He''s not done anything on this thread to warrant that!

[quote user="Indy"]A bit of fun on LDC, but heck let''s not attacking the guy personally on every thread. He''s not done anything on this thread to warrant that![/quote]

It''s ok, Indy, let them play their sad little games.  Bor started it off on this thread - he can be funny, but he is also one of the saddest posters on here and both sides of his character shine through at regular intervals.  The rest are just hangers on - the types that will come in and kick a person once they are down. Pathetic.

I think its a reasonable question as to how the team might approach next season.  If others just want to try and ridicule the poster rather than answer the post, let them.

To be fair I''ve also had some fun on here poking a little fun at you but I don''t think we should attack fellow supporters.

That said who knows how the team will approach the new season, with no fear and try to compete, if we go down then so be it! To be bored out my skull again as I was the last premiership season would be too much for me!

Let''s go out fighting, who could want anything more.

[quote user="morty"]Poor Lakey[:(][/quote]Oh, I don''t know........it shows more about the people who do the attacking than it does about me.  Its bor and his ilk who should be offered the "poor so and so" posts.  They need pitying much, much more than me. 

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''ve read several of your posts and, believe me, you need all the pity you can get.[/quote]On the contrary. I''m still buzzing from the match last week.  If that needs pitying, then you are right - but your sad contribution on this thread would suggest it is you that need the help, not me.  

We''ve been through this time and time again. Here''s the routine:-

1) LDC creates a thread containing cliches and little footballing sense and opinion. In this thread will be a dig at fellow supporters or a line or two to create negative debate.

2) Fellow posters analyse the post and come to the conclusion it is more drivel spouted by an attention seeker.

3) LDC complains of being victimised.

4) Other posters point out the hypocrisy.

5) LDC enjoys the attention he''s getting.

6) Pages and pages of bickering and LDC whining.

7) Repeat ad nauseam

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]We''ve been through this time and time again. Here''s the routine:-

1) LDC creates a thread containing cliches and little footballing sense and opinion. In this thread will be a dig at fellow supporters or a line or two to create negative debate.

2) Fellow posters analyse the post and come to the conclusion it is more drivel spouted by an attention seeker.

break the cycle.

I would like to see attacking football all day long.

plastic glory hunter here

7) Repeat ad nauseam[/quote]

[:D]  Blimey, there''s some twisted s*ds out there.  We''re supposed to be celebrating a great promotion you sad tw*ts. How about looking ahead to next season?   I for one, plastic, glory hunting, cliche spouting whatever,  would like to see what people think in the way we should approach next season. What is the problem?  Too soon to do that??  Pr*cks.

Wes

We''ve been through this time and time again. Here''s the routine:-

7) Repeat ad nauseam

A neat summary of the way these things unfold most of the time.

👴

[quote user="lake district canary"]  [:D]  Blimey, there''s some twisted s*ds out there.  We''re supposed to be celebrating a great promotion you sad tw*ts. How about looking ahead to next season?   I for one, plastic, glory hunting, cliche spouting whatever,  would like to see what people think in the way we should approach next season. What is the problem?  Too soon to do that??  Pr*cks.

[/quote]To be fair, Norwich City could win the world cup, and I''d still think you are a massive bell.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  [:D]  Blimey, there''s some twisted s*ds out there.  We''re supposed to be celebrating a great promotion you sad tw*ts. How about looking ahead to next season?   I for one, plastic, glory hunting, cliche spouting whatever,  would like to see what people think in the way we should approach next season. What is the problem?  Too soon to do that??  Pr*cks.

[/quote]

I was agreeing conyributing mate.

not tqking the pee.

sorry. reading back it seem that I was.

alwqys read you contribution. chuckle at the replies you get

As stated previously, it has to be one game at a time, taking nothing for granted. We will need to be hard to break down and resilient, offering some attacking threat while keeping it tight and not going all guns blazing. (This is particularly true of six pointers where we play teams who are literally hovering above the relegation trapdoor). One step at a time, let''s not get ahead of ourselves, but if we avoid the trap of erring on the side of caution and give free rein to our natural attacking instincts then we have a real chance to cement our Premier League status and literally put Norwich on the map.

And so it goes on. Fill your boots, folks, you might as well, however, the op stands for itself - a question about football and what we should look forward to next season.   It is supposed to be a football forum, after all......