Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Taylor and Gutierrez

both released by newcastle and available for nowt!

are they worth looking at?

Taylor is still only 30 and would provide something at centre back as alternatives to Russ and Bennett.

Gutierrez was here before, we know of his cancer troubles which no doubt hampered his playing time here, Would he be worth a second look as a more defensive option than Olsson when the games call for it?

With Ryan Taylors injury record i think he is one alot of clubs will stay out the way of.

I would be suprised if we go down the route of 30+ year old released prem players on quite a few £ a week.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]both released by newcastle and available for nowt!

Taylor is still only 30 and would provide something at centre back as alternatives to Russ and Bennett.

Gutierrez was here before, we know of his cancer troubles which no doubt hampered his playing time here, Would he be worth a second look as a more defensive option than Olsson when the games call for it?[/quote]

Ryan or Steven Taylor?

Ryan - maybe

Steven is a cheater

Wouldn''t take either of them tbh. Not what we need. I think both will end up in the championship where a team can more afford to gamble. If it pays off, they get a prem standard player and a shot at promotion, if it fails they lose out on a few places in the league and a few bob in wages.

Our margins for relegation are too fine for us to take the risk.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No, especially Gutierez; as we saw, poor attitude[/quote]

To be fair he probably had a lot on his mind.

No for me. Neither of these are any better than the players we have in their positions, in my opinion.[quote user="mrs miggins"]No, especially Gutierez; as we saw, poor attitude[/quote]That''s a bit uncalled for. Maybe it seemed it at the time, but knowing what we know now.... he only had a testicle removed about two months prior.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]No for me. Neither of these are any better than the players we have in their positions, in my opinion.[quote user="mrs miggins"]No, especially Gutierez; as we saw, poor attitude[/quote]That''s a bit uncalled for. Maybe it seemed it at the time, but knowing what we know now.... he only had a testicle removed about two months prior. [/quote]Which, if I''m honest, makes taking him on loan a pretty baffling decision.If it wasn''t for his cancer battle, I doubt we would even be mentioning his name. I have to assume he was fully fit to play when he was with us, so taking everything else out of the equation, his loan spell was pretty unsuccessful.

It''s certainly not uncalled for, if you''re buying a player you need to know his temperament (e.g. Baloteli). The first thing the man did after revealing he no longer had cancer was to have a go at the club who he''s been with for the last, what 7 years?. I''m not saying Newcastle ever handle the situations that arise well, but everything I''ve always said should be kept ''in-house.'' We saw from his tweets, not least about Neil Adams'' tactics, that he uses the public platform to have a go at his previous employers at every turn. He has a right to do so of course, but he shouldn''t be excused of this and it should not be blamed on his cancer, but instead his ego, mind and fingers that type the words. Don''t excuse him for this. I would of course like to make it clear and hope it goes without saying that it is very sad that he had cancer and that him and his family had to deal with such a scare.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]both released by newcastle and available for nowt!

Gutierrez was here before, we know of his cancer troubles which no doubt hampered his playing time here, Would he be worth a second look as a more defensive option than Olsson when the games call for it?[/quote]

I think you may be confused. Ryan Taylor (who has been released) is a full back who can also operate in midfield.

Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB is apparently keen on either as long as they bring a shiny new yellow seat...

^

As previous, and Faded can buy a nice padded bright yellow cover for his seat from the club if he is that worried about it, and his mum could buy him a sticker with his name on, that might make him feel good again about his seat.