Sign in to follow this  
tblowers9

Alfred Finbogasson

A.) it''s TALKshite

B.) it''s probably lazy journalism due to being linked with him in the past,

But apparently us and Everton looking into a loan deal from Sociedad

Although he''s had a poor time of it at Sociedad, he was on my list of suggested names. If we can get him on loan with an option to buy I would be extremely happy with that. So hope this is true, could go well for us.

Bearing in mind, Wolfswankle, I dunno if signing players with peculiar names is such a good idea -- especially Finbogasson which does sound similar to ''finger-bassong''.

I''d always be wary of signings like this unless they were big powerful units like Bony and Benteke who always seem to thrive in the PL. This guy is average size and has only scored in the same league RVW scored in. A loan might be an idea, I wouldn''t risk signing him permanently though

In hindsight yes, but we hadn''t had our fingers burnt yet. We as a club are obviously more wise to it now. This guy has a similar pedigree to RVW so at the very least you can guarantee the club won''t risk it and shell out a lot for him.

the paralells to RVW are alarming.

A players thats failed to settle/score in a new league and Sociaded want to loan him out to find his feet.  HELLO !

No thanks...Ive said it a few times now on several threads......Ricky Lambert is all we need to add to what we already have IMHO for next season.

Blimey we have been badly scarred by the RvW affair haven''t we? On the basis above we would never have signed holt because Peter Thorne didnt work out.

We would also rejected Suarez.

I dont know much about Fin.. (he sounds like he is related to a Viz character) but he is playing in La Liga for a mid table club, no some minor league. He only made 6 starts, 19 sub appearances and seems to have been bought as the third choice striker. He clearly has some ability so find it as impossible to say no to him because his profile is similar to RvWs as a snap him up because he is in la liga.

It seems when he can score but may be dependent on the style the team plays to. If he fits our style then depending on the fee i would not have a problem. Or a loan may be a prudent way ahead.

There are good players to be had. Most come here as damaged or limited goods so represent a risk. Every transfer is a gamble.

Seems he''s had a bit of a Ricky year in Spain. In that sense, we might as well stick with our own Ricky rather than spend money on a new one.

If we get a 5th striker, I want him to be completely different to what we already have. If we can unearth this seasons Diafra Sakho i''d be happy, he has the sort of attributes I think we need up top.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Blimey we have been badly scarred by the RvW affair haven''t we? On the basis above we would never have signed holt because Peter Thorne didnt work out.

We would also rejected Suarez.

I dont know much about Fin.. (he sounds like he is related to a Viz character) but he is playing in La Liga for a mid table club, no some minor league. He only made 6 starts, 19 sub appearances and seems to have been bought as the third choice striker. He clearly has some ability so find it as impossible to say no to him because his profile is similar to RvWs as a snap him up because he is in la liga.

It seems when he can score but may be dependent on the style the team plays to. If he fits our style then depending on the fee i would not have a problem. Or a loan may be a prudent way ahead.

There are good players to be had. Most come here as damaged or limited goods so represent a risk. Every transfer is a gamble.[/quote]

Anything below the bottom 5 in La Liga is pretty terrible. There was a 28 point difference from 5th to 10th. That''s horrendous.

Finally agree with you on something jaemae2, no coincidence given it''s the first non-Hooper thing i''ve seen from you :-P

Past Real Madrid, and Barca, the good remaining teams are Valencia, Athletico Madrid, Bilbao, Sevilla. Past that, the passable ones are Malaga, Villareal, Espanyol, Sociedad, Celta but once you get into their bottom half, it''s a list of cannon fodder! Yes the odd good player plays for these teams for a season or two but they''d probably be about championship level compared to us.