Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Yet MORE twtd gold.

Like the gift that keeps on giving. Paul Anderson has said Mings and Bishop should consider moving...

"Out-of-contract Blues midfielder Paul Anderson says Town youngsters Tyrone Mings and Teddy Bishop should seriously consider any Premier League offers which come their way over the summer as they may not get the opportunity to join a top flight club again."

"If they think moving is right, do it because you might never get in that position again,” Anderson told BBC Radio Suffolk.

Brilliant. Then just check out the comments. 1p5wich fans going mental at these comments, absolutely hilarious.

But it doesn''t stop there. Another article saying Murphy is flattered by interest from other clubs. Calling Ipswich "Ipswich" as opposed to "we", with their fans reading into this. Then one tool said they should only let him go for £5 million. £5 million!! Yet again, delusion of the highest level. £5 million for a 32 year journeyman donkey who''s had 1 half decent season. Laughable.

Murphy is a good player in the Championship but I can''t see a Premier club paying that sort of money for a 32 year old.Mings is their best prospect for a big money deal but selling either player would seriously hamper their prospects for next season.

Murphy had a very good season, but didn''t look like scoring against us at all, which shows that if you get your tactics right, he can be sussed out comfortably

TWTD - The gift that keeps on giving

I think that TWTD invented the phrase ''Clutching at straws''

It''s odd, Murphy looked some distance from scoring in all 4 games against us - barring one header, I think. Strange that he got, what 25 or something against the rest. It is also odd (and extremely funny) that the binners were going on about how CamJam wasn''t all that before the s-f - where he set up one, scored one, and then went on to score in the final.

It''s all the funnier because they are so blind to what''s coming

Their club going out of business and that history they cling to becoming nothing more than a cautionary tale.

Their club reminds me of the last days of woolworths. They don''t realise how fuc4ed they are, it''s hilarious.

Get the jelly and ice cream ready.

[quote user="Buh"]It''s all the funnier because they are so blind to what''s coming

Their club going out of business and that history they cling to becoming nothing more than a cautionary tale.

Their club reminds me of the last days of woolworths. They don''t realise how fuc4ed they are, it''s hilarious.

Get the jelly and ice cream ready.[/quote]
What makes you say that Buh? 
Not that I give a rat''s a4$e if they do go tits up, just wondering if there was something you know I don''t.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Buh"]It''s all the funnier because they are so blind to what''s coming

Get the jelly and ice cream ready.[/quote]
What makes you say that Buh? 
Not that I give a rat''s a4$e if they do go tits up, just wondering if there was something you know I don''t.
[/quote]Its almost inevitable. What is it, 80 or 90 million in debt now? And that pot of Premiership gold just keeps getting further and further away.Only so long Evans will keep piling money in.I would say he is asset stripping, but I don''t think they actually own anything.

You cannot maintain what they are doing, as a business model

It''s amazing it''s lasted this long

This season, how close they got, that''s the accumulation of, what, 15 years of work?? They peaked, they failed.

The only way is down, like morty says it is inevitable.

I think Morty and Buh are right, and I am stunned that the vast majority of their fans still can''t see the wood for the trees.

They don''t own anything. They have been late in meeting payments to agents as reported as recently as December 2013 (not sure if Mr Evans would have been late in getting the interest on his loans to ITFC though). Their attendances are slowly rising, but the are still a fair way off averaging 20,000 per week.

And the best players that they have fall into three catagories:

1. Too old - Murphy

2. Too injury prone - McGoldrick (very good player though)

3. Not really that good - Mings and Bishop

Apart from that, it all looks good for them! Perhaps one day they will wake up, maybe it''ll be too late.

[quote user="Just Dan"]I think Morty and Buh are right, and I am stunned that the vast majority of their fans still can''t see the wood for the trees.

They don''t own anything. They have been late in meeting payments to agents as reported as recently as December 2013 (not sure if Mr Evans would have been late in getting the interest on his loans to ITFC though). Their attendances are slowly rising, but the are still a fair way off averaging 20,000 per week.

And the best players that they have fall into three catagories:

1. Too old - Murphy

2. Too injury prone - McGoldrick (very good player though)

3. Not really that good - Mings and Bishop

Apart from that, it all looks good for them! Perhaps one day they will wake up, maybe it''ll be too late.[/quote]I''m a football fan, I love my club. And I have respect for anyone else who does the same. But the delusion of some of them is cringeworthy. They are in the cack, just admit it, for goodness sake.I know you have to have hope, and a certain amount of belief that things are going to come good, but, and this isn''t anti Ipswich bias talking, I really can''t see a light at the end of the tunnel for them.I couldn''t find a newer article, but this illustrates just how dire the situation is for most long stayers in the Championship.http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/club-by-club-guide-championship-finances-2012-2013

That article also highlights why bouncing back was soooo key.

I dont profess to following their activities too closely.   However £90m debt is only an issue if evans calls his debts in or decides to leave.  they are 100% dependent on him and what i dont know,  unlike our owners, is how committed to the club he is.  It seems inconceivable that the debts will be gone in under a decade and likely to expand.    As others have said it is not sustainable without prem seasons.

We have a sustainable model with assets and cash having repaid debts due to great management plans.    Long may that continue