Sign in to follow this  

Ruddy's twitter hacked?

Reminds me of dear old Arthur Whittle (RIP) - "my nephews signed in as me".
If someone hacked Ruddy''s account they would post all kinds of uber-offensive sh*t and not a pretty lame topical joke about a nasty accident at Alton Towers in which nobody died.
IMO Ruddy''s covering his tracks with some advice from his agent and/or the club PR department.
We don''t buy them for their brains, do we?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Reminds me of dear old Arthur Whittle (RIP) - "my nephews signed in as me".
If someone hacked Ruddy''s account they would post all kinds of uber-offensive sh*t and not a pretty lame topical joke about a nasty accident at Alton Towers in which nobody died.
IMO Ruddy''s covering his tracks with some advice from his agent and/or the club PR department.
We don''t buy them for their brains, do we?
[/quote]One of the first things I thought of too, God bless him.

Not the first time Big John has had his account hacked, must be a very careless boy!

I reckon Ruddy tweeted it without knowing the full story and extent of the injuries, probably thinking it was a low key accident/fault.

Someone maybe DM''d/privately messaged him to say it was inappropriate... maybe a family member or even as someone said, a NCFC media person.

He then used the hacking excuse.

Then again, he may have been hacked.

Looking at his Tweets on his account he has never posted any kind of joke or anything remotely like that in the entire time that account has been active. I suppose he could of potentially deleted them, but a lot of work to cover his tracks.

It is completely out of character, but did he do it? Only he would know really, but there is evidence to suggest he is telling the truth.

[quote user="Adycakes"]Looking at his Tweets on his account he has never posted any kind of joke or anything remotely like that in the entire time that account has been active. I suppose he could of potentially deleted them, but a lot of work to cover his tracks.

It is completely out of character, but did he do it? Only he would know really, but there is evidence to suggest he is telling the truth.[/quote]What evidence is that?

[quote user="Adycakes"]The fact he has never posted anything slightly offensive about anything![/quote]Right[Y]

I''m not saying I believe him, but I can see why some people might. He has no track record of doing something like that & his Twitter is full of love for his family, friends and retweets for fans as you''d expect for someone in the public eye.

Only John Ruddy knows the truth, we can only speculate, but I''m able to see both sides here.

[quote user="Adycakes"]I''m not saying I believe him, but I can see why some people might. He has no track record of doing something like that & his Twitter is full of love for his family, friends and retweets for fans as you''d expect for someone in the public eye.

Only John Ruddy knows the truth, we can only speculate, but I''m able to see both sides here.[/quote]To be honest, I never saw the joke as that offensive in the first place, but some people grabbed it with both hands, but thats what people do I guess.I have been in and around various forums and social media for probably 15 years now, and the amount of times I have seen someone, maybe a bit drunk, post something they probably shouldn''t, then claim they were hacked, is a fair few.But it barely matters in the grand scheme of things, we''re only labouring it, because theres no football to talk about[;)]

Yeah, sadly you cannot rule out ''stupid'' when it comes to things like this.

Absolutely, I''ve been watching the highlights of my favourite games on YouTube to pass the time, but I''m rapidly running out of games. There''s only so many times you can watch the Wembley final! :)

THe hacker might have had a bit more about them and wanted to put something believeable. If they just put something like "Ricky VW is a poof, MEGALOLLZ, YOLO" then people would know it was obviously not him but this tweet has divided the jury.

The plausible thing might have been him not knowing the full story and thinking it had just broken down with riders stuck on it uninjured as happens often on these things. I don''t think he''d deliberately post an offensive joke, even if he has just had a bit of a dodgy year in his life.