Sign in to follow this  

Ruddy's twitter hacked?

Ruddy says the tweet re Alton Towers was from somebody who hacked his account. How?

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Ruddy says the tweet re Alton Towers was from somebody who hacked his account. How?[/quote]There are many ways, but people using unsecured public wifi hotspots and being infected with trojans are favourites with hackers for stealing people''s passwords.

Opening post on the issue on TWTD.

"Don''t know how to post tweets on here but his comments on Alton towers are a disgrace! Scum!"

No attempt to investigate the truth of the matter. No attempt to rationalise the improbability of the matter.

He plays for Norwich doesn''t he? Guilty by association.

Any chance to release their bitterness and they''ll grab it..

There are many, posts of a similar ilk in the thread.

Transparent, thick, remedial, sad.

Some more sensible posters accepted that it was hack to be fair.

I''m sorry but I don''t believe him, why would someone go to all the effort to gain access to his account to post one mildly inappropriate joke.
What really happened is he posted something he thought was funny and then realised the mistake later. I however was not really offended anyway and don''t really care. I have a very dark sense of humour [:D]

[quote user="Ginja"]I''m sorry but I don''t believe him, why would someone go to all the effort to gain access to his account to post one mildly inappropriate joke.
What really happened is he posted something he thought was funny and then realised the mistake later. I however was not really offended anyway and don''t really care. I have a very dark sense of humour [:D]
[/quote]Somewhere in the middle on this.Maybe the cynic in me has seen the "my account was hacked" thing just too many times.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]My only question us what was the joke? IMO people are entitled to their sense of humour however dark it may be.[/quote]Something about looking forward to going to Alton towers this weekend, and not having to bother with priority passes for the smiler.Junior league offensive, in the grand scheme of things.Some people feel the need to show outrage though, because they think society expects them to.

[quote user="Ruddy Twitter"]
Buzzing for @altontowers next weekend...at least I won''t need a fast pass for smiler! [:D]
[/quote]
So one theory is he possibly meant to send a text or private message and accidentally tweeted it to the world, which I think is far more likely than his twitter was hacked.

There are all sorts of nut cases out there, with all types of axe to grind. Social media in general makes it easier for these people. Never before has it been so easy the "flame" an individual with little chance of being found out.

Ruddy has always come over as a sensible level-headed individual with a sense of responsibility applied to everything he does.

This Alton Towers tweet is very un-Ruddy like and he has been hacked in the past. The TWTD posting was a blanket, no questions asked, condemnation.

Another point. What is it with this obsession for Twitter with professional footballers? More trouble than it''s worth, IMO.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

There are all sorts of nut cases out there, with all types of axe to grind. Social media in general makes it easier for these people. Never before has it been so easy the "flame" an individual with little chance of being found out.

Ruddy has always come over as a sensible level-headed individual with a sense of responsibility applied to everything he does.

This Alton Towers tweet is very un-Ruddy like and he has been hacked in the past. The TWTD posting was a blanket, no questions asked, condemnation.

Another point. What is it with this obsession for Twitter with professional footballers? More trouble than it''s worth, IMO.

[/quote]Why should they be excluded from social media, just because of their job though? And its hardly something just footballers use, is it?I am going to take a wild stab in the dark, and guess that you''re one of those people that don''t "get" twitter?And, to be fair, if it was an Ipswich player, we would have been on it like a fat kid on cake.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Ruddy Twitter"]
Buzzing for @altontowers next weekend...at least I won''t need a fast pass for smiler! [:D]
[/quote]
So one theory is he possibly meant to send a text or private message and accidentally tweeted it to the world, which I think is far more likely than his twitter was hacked.
[/quote]
If that was the case, it wouldn''t be "@altontowers".
I don''t really buy his Twitter was hacked to post one relatively inoffensive joke that would be regarded as pure comedy had Jimmy Carr or Frankie Boyle posted it.
I thought it was quite good, personally. Then again my sense of humour corresponds with the two Comedian''s mentioned above.
More likely, he saw the joke, found it funny. Tweeted it, someone in NCFC Media thought "Uh-oh" and made him post the hacking claim or similar.

I''m inclined to agree that it seems very strange that someone should hack an account just to randomly post a one slightly inappropriate joke like that.

Its not even a big deal really. Just a slightly poor taste joke perhaps sent prematurely before it was understood there were some serious leg injuries.

If that is causing ''offence'' then people really need to get out more, there''s a lot of crappy stuff going on in the world that they ought to get much more bothered by.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Why should they be excluded from social media, just because of their job though? And its hardly something just footballers use, is it?I am going to take a wild stab in the dark, and guess that you''re one of those people that don''t "get" twitter?And, to be fair, if it was an Ipswich player, we would have been on it like a fat kid on cake.[/quote]

Who said they should be excluded? Not me, that''s for sure..  They can do just as they please, even Twitter all day long should they wish.

I just pointed out that it can be more trouble than it''s worth for people in the public eye.

"Excluded," my a-se.

I am actually on Twitter so bad "stab" (again.) I don''t tend to resort to it much, more trouble than it''s worth.

No doubt that we would alsohave pounced had it been an Ipswich player, but that wasn''t my point. My point was clearly that the posting was an automatic condemnation, with no questions asked because it was a Norwich player involved.

I viewed this as another example of their need to scrape the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to redress the balance since their play-off demise and our subsequent promotion. They are that bitter.

Who''s side are you on in any case?  The posting was inane and I pointed it out.

If it was hacked by somebody with something against John Ruddy, for whatever reason, then the hacker has got just what he set out to achieve.

A lot of mud is being thrown around, and at JR,  and not just on Ipswich Town forums.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Why should they be excluded from social media, just because of their job though? And its hardly something just footballers use, is it?I am going to take a wild stab in the dark, and guess that you''re one of those people that don''t "get" twitter?And, to be fair, if it was an Ipswich player, we would have been on it like a fat kid on cake.[/quote]

Who said they should be excluded? Not me, that''s for sure..  They can do just as they please, even Twitter all day long should they wish.

I just pointed out that it can be more trouble than it''s worth for people in the public eye.

"Excluded," my a-se.

I am actually on Twitter so bad "stab" (again.) I don''t tend to resort to it much, more trouble than it''s worth.

No doubt that we would alsohave pounced had it been an Ipswich player, but that wasn''t my point. My point was clearly that the posting was an automatic condemnation, with no questions asked because it was a Norwich player involved.

I viewed this as another example of their need to scrape the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to redress the balance since their play-off demise and our subsequent promotion. They are that bitter.

Who''s side are you on in any case?  The posting was inane and I pointed it out.

[/quote]And we would have been restrained had it been an Ipswich player? Waited till we found out all the "facts"?So you''re on Twitter, but describe it as "more trouble than its worth? So my suggestion that you don''t "get" Twitter really isn''t that far off then, is it? As with all social media common sense has to be applied. Ruddy uses his account to engage with fans and talk about his charity work. It may be a good idea if he get a separate, private and locked account, if he wants private stuff between mates to remain out of the public eye.Side? What are you even on about?

"So you''re on Twitter, but describe it as "more trouble than its worth? So my suggestion that you don''t "get" Twitter really isn''t that far off then, is it?"

What utter nonsense, how could you possibly interpret that from my remark?

What actually is "getting" Twitter, by the way. Twice you''ve come out with this now. Please explain, preferably without need to border on the offensive in your tone. It can be done you know, most on here manage it with apparent ease.

"Side" ..... as in Norwich City Football Club. 

"So you''re on Twitter, but describe it as "more trouble than its worth? So my suggestion that you don''t "get" Twitter really isn''t that far off then, is it?"

What utter nonsense, how could you possibly interpret that from my remark?

What actually is "getting" Twitter, by the way. Twice you''ve come out with this now. Please explain, preferably without need to border on the offensive in your tone. It can be done you know, most on here manage it with apparent ease.

"Side" ..... as in Norwich City Football Club. 

[/quote]Do I really need to explain this?You have, yourself, described Twitter as "more trouble than it is worth" so that says to me that you do not see the usefulness of it, and what other people get out of it, at last count 651 million people do use it, so it can''t be all bad. I will not blindly follow / defend anyone. Honestly, I believe Ruddy did tweet what he did, the "hacked" excuse is pretty old hat now, I''m afraid. The main issue here is the internet Luddites getting their pitchforks out. The types of folks who don''t like this new fangled internet thing and believe there is a hacker and several pedophiles lurking behind every webpage.

Very logical, from beginning to end.

Very.

Am I really now being told that, because I don''t resort to Twitter overmuch, which of course is my choice, I am inferring that 651 million people have "got" it wrong?        

Eh?

The "main issue" is not as you put it about internet Luddites and hackers and paedophiles lurking, or whatever. A quaint view but one that has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the Ruddy issue, and is total rubbish. Use of the internet is a cafeteria-style experience whereby we can pick and choose whatever appeals to us. There is no underlying agenda involved, not by me in any case.

Besides the Internet is not a "new fangled thing."  well, it might be to you, I have been using it for twenty years. 

It''s not just Ipswich Town supporters who are scraping the bottom, it would seem. 

Very logical, from beginning to end.

Very.

Am I really now being told that, because I don''t resort to Twitter overmuch, which of course is my choice, I am inferring that 651 million people have "got" it wrong?        

Eh?

The "main issue" is not as you put it about internet Luddites and hackers and paedophiles lurking, or whatever. A quaint view but one that has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the Ruddy issue, and is total rubbish. Use of the internet is a cafeteria-style experience whereby we can pick and choose whatever appeals to us. There is no underlying agenda involved, not by me in any case.

Besides the Internet is not a "new fangled thing."  well, it might be to you, I have been using it for twenty years. 

It''s not just Ipswich Town supporters who are scraping the bottom, it would seem. 

[/quote]If you honestly believe that every time someone says "My account was hacked" or "I don''t know how that got on my computer, I just clicked on something and it came up" then I have a Nigerian friend who has an interesting financial opportunity for you.

"If you honestly believe that every time someone says "My account was hacked" or "I don''t know how that got on my computer, I just clicked on something and it came up" then I have a Nigerian friend who has an interesting financial opportunity for you."

What on Earth are you on about now?

I never said anything of the sort. I never inferred anything of the sort. You''re just making things up now in order to maintain your ever-weakening stance.

Read back.

I do not believe it was Ruddy''s Tweet. You do.

Either of us could be right, we will likely never know.

We both made our decisions by attempting to interpret the facts, at least. The ITFC poster made up his mind on the basis that John Ruddy was a Norwich City player.

"If you honestly believe that every time someone says "My account was hacked" or "I don''t know how that got on my computer, I just clicked on something and it came up" then I have a Nigerian friend who has an interesting financial opportunity for you."

What on Earth are you on about now?

I never said anything of the sort. I never inferred anything of the sort. You''re just making things up now in order to maintain your ever-weakening stance.

Read back.

I do not believe it was Ruddy''s Tweet. You do.

Either of us could be right, we will likely never know.

We both made our decisions by attempting to interpret the facts, at least. The ITFC poster made up his mind on the basis that John Ruddy was a Norwich City player.

[/quote]How easy do you think it is to just guess or hack someones password, on an encrypted website?

If someone knew what they were doing and Ruddy had a weak password then it''s apparently not too hard. Google ''twitter hack'' and there are quite a few websites on the subject.

[quote user="93vintage"]If someone knew what they were doing and Ruddy had a weak password then it''s apparently not too hard. Google ''twitter hack'' and there are quite a few websites on the subject.[/quote]And their motivation to do it just to post a vaguely offensive ( to some) joke would be?He did it. It was daft. We move on.

[quote user="93vintage"]If someone knew what they were doing and Ruddy had a weak password then it''s apparently not too hard. Google ''twitter hack'' and there are quite a few websites on the subject.[/quote]Also a lot of those twitter hacking articles are from a few years ago, they took steps to secure the website more effectively after a few high profile hacks.

it''s some pretty sad individual who would hack someones account and put a status about an accident like that.

Hope Ruddy goes down the proper channels to find out who did it if possible.

[quote user="Ginja"]I''m sorry but I don''t believe him, why would someone go to all the effort to gain access to his account to post one mildly inappropriate joke.
[/quote]I believe him, just because I remember one specific time his account was hacked last year and the hacker tweeted something along the lines of "Free Tibet! lol i''m out!" - some people are stupid in what they will do. and who knows, could be a binner trying to make a player look bad

The usual plastic suspects who cant wait to have a pop at one of our most loyal and skillful players. I for one believe him if he says he has been hacked he has been hacked.