Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Leicester players, it's getting bleak..

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]You seem to know a lot about Thai prisons Jas - anything you want to share with the group?[/quote]

this conversation is over....

"Getting naked and aroused with two other naked men whilst watching each other would weird me out"

As A.A. Gill once said, "only one willy in the bed at a time ..."

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]one question to ask is are Leicester brave enough to sack the players?

Footballers seem to think they are above the law, can get into all kinds of trouble and the big fat pay check at the end of the month will make it all better.

This is a real chance for Leicester and Football to take a stand.. Sack them, ban them from football for a year, and see how society views them when they try and get a job....[/quote]Bloody hell, getting a bit ahead of yourself here a bit maybe?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Thai prisons won''t be pleasent places for 3 English young men with money....[/quote]

You could well be right.

In this case there might well be seem to be other factors involved. The fact that these boys are high profile foreigners gives them the opportunity to impress the World that the Thai justice system is just , which it barely is. Showcase, if you like.

The Thai mentality considers loss of face as a virtual disgrace. The so-called ''slurs'' these boys made might be enough to evoke this feeling and fire-up a need for prosecution. A lot of general ill-feeling has been expressed of late in their media.

I winter there for four months each year and have done so for most of the past twenty years. The Thais are very nice people, but in many there can be sensed a deep resentment towards the farang. They are very protective of their own country and culture and many only put up with us foreigners because they see us as just another source of income. 

You cannot generalise, but it is fairly accurate to say that there is often one law for the foreigner and one law for the Thai. If the authorities so see it then they are more than capable of making an example of the three in the harshest possible way. Example being the operative word.

However, money talks and if any person/persons are capable of by-passing the Thai justice system through backhanders then it would be the big boys of King Power. 

Let me just re-post this Jas, in case you missed it :-The foundation said it appeared in the clips that the women might be under 18 years old, which would render the sex act illegal.Two fairly important words above there.

Jas, i think you''ll find that as a prisoner in Thailand you are given very basic(if any) food , toiletries etc. If you have money then these items can be brought in to you. This is not corruption per se, its just the way things are out there.

These guys, if jailed, will not get rehabilitation,adequate food, tv, radio.....in fact hardly anything , maybe not even a bed. Its punishment after all.

Too many westerners think they are immune to the Thai Authorities, they''re not.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I agree completely with your point about waiting for the facts to emerge,  it was well put.

However I struggle to follow an argument suggesting that any tribal following will dictate reactions to a moral or illegal action. 

[/quote]You don''t think there would be different reactions, specifically on here, if this story was Ipswich related?[/quote]I cant talk for others but recognise that could and would happen.  

All I can say is I wouldnt react any differently;  and my opinion of any person reacting differently purely based on a team they played for  would take a downturn.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]one question to ask is are Leicester brave enough to sack the players?

Footballers seem to think they are above the law, can get into all kinds of trouble and the big fat pay check at the end of the month will make it all better.

This is a real chance for Leicester and Football to take a stand.. Sack them, ban them from football for a year, and see how society views them when they try and get a job....[/quote]Bloody hell, getting a bit ahead of yourself here a bit maybe?[/quote]

not really... they may not be found guilty of anything but in terms of the video, is that any way to represent the club? I''m sure you''ll agree it''s more than verbal warning territory.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]one question to ask is are Leicester brave enough to sack the players?

This is a real chance for Leicester and Football to take a stand.. Sack them, ban them from football for a year, and see how society views them when they try and get a job....[/quote]Bloody hell, getting a bit ahead of yourself here a bit maybe?[/quote]

not really... they may not be found guilty of anything but in terms of the video, is that any way to represent the club? I''m sure you''ll agree it''s more than verbal warning territory.[/quote]I totally agree, anyone, regardless of their profession, is walking on thin ice doing something like this, effectively on company time.But this whole "let them rot in prison" thing before it has even been established if a crime has been committed, is maybe a tad presumptuous, no?

What punishment that is administered to them in England is nothing by comparison to what will happen to them if they are guilty of an illegal act there and the Thai authorities see fit to get their teeth into the matter, and all bribery fails.

They would be better off seeking political asylum in the Gulag Archipelago than spending a lengthy spell in a Thai prison.

Anyhow, as has been repeatedly pointed out, guilt is yet to be established so we''ll have to wait and see.

"Martha, warm up the horses, and get some torches lit, just in case....."[:D]

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Are Leicester now taking the p iss by signing Fuchs today? 😂[/quote]

How old is he?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Thai prisons won''t be pleasent places for 3 English young men with money....[/quote]
Don''t knock it until you''ve tried it, old son.  I came out two stones lighter and full of protein.

Put quite simply Thailand'' has a tourist industry which is one of is countries major revenue streams. The tourism industry Is part driven by the sex industry. An NGO has not a cat in hel''s chance of lobbying the government on this case or for more general change. Change will only conme about eventually due to pressure from the international community but this is way off. Therefore it matters not whether the girls were of age or underage, all parties want to put it behind them and move on.

To be fair to the OP his/her opening line is "If there is any mileage in the report below" he/she then goes on to explain what the potential ramifications are if there is any mileage in the story, so I do not understand why Morty is jumping all over the OP.......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]To be fair to the OP his/her opening line is "If there is any mileage in the report below" he/she then goes on to explain what the potential ramifications are if there is any mileage in the story, so I do not understand why Morty is jumping all over the OP.......[/quote]Because he has clearly made up his mind, despite some pretty patchy "evidence".And at the same time in another thread condemning Ipswich fans for jumping to conclusions about John Ruddy, without any actual evidence.Pitchfork justice, when it suits. Or perhaps depending on where loyalties lie.

You may be right Morty but I have read the OP again and I just see somebody posting "If this report is true these three could be in the shite", I have to bow to the expertise of others when it comes to the Thail legal system/penal system as I have never been to the country, and we do appear to have posters with an intimate knowledge of the Thai legal system/penal system.....

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You may be right Morty but I have read the OP again and I just see somebody posting "If this report is true these three could be in the shite", I have to bow to the expertise of others when it comes to the Thail legal system/penal system as I have never been to the country, and we do appear to have posters with an intimate knowledge of the Thai legal system/penal system.....[/quote]Have you read the rest of the thread?Adding "under age sex" to what happened based on something extremely vague is somewhat judgemental.And considering the story is three days old, and it has hardly been mentioned elsewhere, its something I would personally dismiss, and definitely not reference.I''m sure the lads are in enough trouble without allegations of under age sex and time in chokey.

I have, and I took it as somebody who appears to understand the Thai legal system, that said I have read it a third time and you could construe the post as coming across as judgemental.

As an aside aren`t some young Leicester players (including the managers son) in hot water over allegations of racist abuse?......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I have, and I took it as somebody who appears to understand the Thai legal system, that said I have read it a third time and you could construe the post as coming across as judgemental.

As an aside aren`t some young Leicester players (including the managers son) in hot water over allegations of racist abuse?......[/quote]Its the same incident, is it not?

Indeed it is Morty, just "Googled" it, I caught the end of the racist comments bit of the story on the Beeb a couple of days ago, I had not twigged that the OP was another part of that story, It will be interesting to see what the internal investigation being undertaken by Leicester City yields.......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]To be fair to the OP his/her opening line is "If there is any mileage in the report below" he/she then goes on to explain what the potential ramifications are if there is any mileage in the story, so I do not understand why Morty is jumping all over the OP.......[/quote]Because he has clearly made up his mind, despite some pretty patchy "evidence".And at the same time in another thread condemning Ipswich fans for jumping to conclusions about John Ruddy, without any actual evidence.Pitchfork justice, when it suits. Or perhaps depending on where loyalties lie.[/quote]

"Clearly made up his mind?"  Clearly? What absolute and total nonsense. Clearly? My a-se. Re-read it all.

You are making things up again. Your speciality. Repeating an article, by another for information purposes does not mean you either agree or disagree with it.  It has been pointed out that my first sentence in the posting was. "If there is any mileage in this." IF. 

How could I possibly know the age of the girls involved? How could anybody at this stage? How can anybody, including me, presume to pre-judge these players? Assuming they would want to.Repeat this to yourself a few times, it might finally sink in.

As I said above, re-read previous postings before you post yourself,  as Faded Jaded has clearly done.

Also, why you insist upon perseverating with the tenuous link between the Ruddy tweet incident and my thoroughly accurate assumption regarding the motives of a TWTD poster and the Thailand issue, as if some great moral issue were at stake here, is beyond me. The evidence of the Thai lady''s point of view will be revealed by investigation, and it will not be difficult to establish the truth. The evidence of the TWTD poster''s premature judgement is in the post it''s self and clear for all to see.

As I say, tenuous link, yet you seem self-satisfied to the point that you seem to have convinced yourself that you have un-earthed some apparent and glaring contradiction when none is, of course, there. 

Now, as I suggested before, please re-read other postings before you post yourself. Take your time. At the moment your memory is letting you down and your imagination is taking over. You do seem to have some sort of agenda and seem determined to stick to it, even at the expense of accuracy.

In actual fact, I do slightly resent having  my views re-vamped, re-constructed and misrepresented in such a way. Who wouldn''t? It''s you though so ''slightly'' is the operative word.