Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Leicester players, it's getting bleak..

If there is any mileage in the report below, then things could take a serious turn for the worse for the three. Under-age sex ( 18 is their interpretation) is taken very seriously over there, particularly if there is a foreigner involved. A big prison term looms. 

"Bangkok:- The Empower Foundation, an organization in Thailand helping underprivileged women, has called on Thai police to investigate whether three development squads of the Leicester City Football Club had sex with three under-age Thai women.

The foundation said it appeared in the clips that the women might be under 18 years old, which would render the sex act illegal.

The three players have made headlines by taking video clips of themselves having an orgy sex with three Thai women during with they called the women with racist term.

Chanwipha Apisuk, a co-founder of the foundation, said police must probe the age of the women in the clips."

A fine from the club and a wrap over the knuckles, and suspension, from King Power is nothing compared to a lengthy spell in the Bangkok Hilton, which would clearly be career threatening.

All we seem to have to concern ourselves with at the moment are Lafferty''s dalliances, Whittaker''s hair transplant and John Ruddy''s tweets, nothing compared to Leicester City''s impending problems.

•      

If it''s illegal there, then it''s illegal.

Nothing really to do with the way we view it.

Neither has the girls'' so-called profession any bearing on the matter. If they were under-age, they were under-age and that''s enough for prosecutions to follow.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Men in their 20s having sex with potentially under-age prostitutes, would be a more accurate description.[/quote]The foundation said it appeared in the clips that the women might be under 18 years old, which would render the sex act illegal.Two fairly important words above there.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Neither has the girls'' so-called profession any bearing on the matter. If they were under-age, they were under-age and that''s enough for prosecutions to follow.

[/quote]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?[/quote]And just to expand further on that, you are condemning Ipswich fans, on another thread, for jumping all over John Ruddy before knowing the "true" facts....

That''s why I said potentially Morty.

Three guys making a sex tape with consenting adults is no issue; with prostitutes adds an additional element as many women in Thailand are forced into sex work through organised crime networks who use violence and intimidation.

To do so when invited to the country as part of a tour with the Thai tourism board adds an element of embarrassment, especially when the manager''s son is involved.

If it was Norwich players I would want the club to take appropriate action with the Thai authorities firstly. If no crime was committed I would expect the players to be punished in line with their contracts and the disciplinary rules set down by the club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Men in their 20s having sex with potentially under-age prostitutes, would be a more accurate description.[/quote]

The foundation said it appeared in the clips that the women might be under 18 years old, which would render the sex act illegal.

Two fairly important words above there.
    [/quote]

To be fair to Bethnal he does say "potentially" so I think you''re both correct.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]That''s why I said potentially Morty.

Three guys making a sex tape with consenting adults is no issue; with prostitutes adds an additional element as many women in Thailand are forced into sex work through organised crime networks who use violence and intimidation.

To do so when invited to the country as part of a tour with the Thai tourism board adds an element of embarrassment, especially when the manager''s son is involved.

If it was Norwich players I would want the club to take appropriate action with the Thai authorities firstly. If no crime was committed I would expect the players to be punished in line with their contracts and the disciplinary rules set down by the club.[/quote]Completely agree. But this is yet another case where people just can''t wait to get their pitchforks out, and get all morally offended.

[quote user="morty"]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?[/quote]

Point take about whether they were underage or not,   but who wouldnt take the same stance if they are?      

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="morty"]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?[/quote]

Point take about whether they were underage or not,   but who wouldnt take the same stance if they are?       [/quote]The point was about the OP, on another thread condemning Ipswich fans for hanging John Ruddy, without waiting for actual facts. And personally I would be more inclined to keep my pitchfork in the cupboard until facts are established.I suspect there will be no jail sentence, and this is tomorrows chip paper.

I agree completely with your point about waiting for the facts to emerge,  it was well put.

However I struggle to follow an argument suggesting that any tribal following will dictate reactions to a moral or illegal action. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I agree completely with your point about waiting for the facts to emerge,  it was well put.

However I struggle to follow an argument suggesting that any tribal following will dictate reactions to a moral or illegal action. 

[/quote]You don''t think there would be different reactions, specifically on here, if this story was Ipswich related?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?[/quote]

And just to expand further on that, you are condemning Ipswich fans, on another thread, for jumping all over John Ruddy before knowing the "true" facts....[/quote]

You seem to be at it again, on this thread now.

I posted an article related to the incident and implied that, if it was true, then there could be serious implications for the player''s involved. The clue is in the word "could."

I wouldn''t know the age of the girls, but the lady involved might. she would most certainly have a better idea than you or I.

Also, are you also suggesting that the term "illegal"  can be interpreted in various ways? How strange.

Laws vary from country to country, in this case the variation relates to the difference in interpretation of  "under-age" between Thailand and other countries. If what they did turns out to be illegal in the Land of Smiles then it is illegal and there could be consequences. They could  have done with equating themselves with this aspect of Thai law before getting drunk and acting in the way revealed by their own video.

What the f-ck has this to do with Norwich City footballers, by the way? Why should they be exempt? This is a serious matter, to me at least. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Would you take the same stance were it Norwich City players?[/quote]

And just to expand further on that, you are condemning Ipswich fans, on another thread, for jumping all over John Ruddy before knowing the "true" facts....[/quote]

You seem to be at it again, on this thread now.

I posted an article related to the incident and implied that, if it was true, then there could be serious implications for the player''s involved. The clue is in the word "could."

I wouldn''t know the age of the girls, but the lady involved might. she would most certainly have a better idea than you or I.

Also, are you also suggesting that the term "illegal"  can be interpreted in various ways? How strange.

Laws vary from country to country, in this case the variation relates to the difference in interpretation of  "under-age" between Thailand and other countries. If what they did turns out to be illegal in the Land of Smiles then it is illegal and there could be consequences. They could  have done with equating themselves with this aspect of Thai law before getting drunk and acting in the way revealed by their own video.

What the f-ck has this to do with Norwich City footballers, by the way? Why should they be exempt? This is a serious matter, to me at least. 

[/quote]So you don''t see a wee bit of hypocrisy in getting outraged at this, with sketchy facts, at best, but condemning Ipswich fans for doing similar re John Ruddy?You''re right though, this has nothing to do with Norwich City. Maybe you should express your outrage by writing to The Daily Mail?

Morty, with respect, why don''t you take more time before jumping to respond?

You might make more sense then.

You seem to be all over the place.

Repeat. I made no judgement regarding the Leicester players, I just re-posted an article which, as I very clearly stated, could have very serious consequences for the three. Repeat "could have". That illegal is illegal goes without say.

You seem to continuously make things up and misinterpret what others say.

I wouldn''t know whether this is intentional or not, but taking more time might assist you in being more accurate and logical.

What on Earth has the Daily Mail got to do with all this by the way? Are you cracked?  

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Morty, with respect, why don''t you take more time before jumping to respond?

You might make more sense then.

You seem to be all over the place.

Repeat. I made no judgement regarding the Leicester players, I just re-posted an article which, as I very clearly stated, could have very serious consequences for the three. Repeat "could have". That illegal is illegal goes without say.

You seem to continuously make things up and misinterpret what others say.

I wouldn''t know whether this is intentional or not, but taking more time might assist you in being more accurate and logical.

What on Earth has the Daily Mail got to do with all this by the way? Are you cracked?  

[/quote]Yeah, I think we''ll leave it there fella, enjoy your unsubstantiated moral outrage[Y]

You''ve got to be careful in places like Thailand as some of the women in their early 20s look like they could be under 18, making it hard to tell if they''re legal or not. When I were out there I played it safe and managed to pull a German bird with huge knockers. In my best German accent I asked to see her papers and for some reason she took her knickers off.

[quote user="93vintage"]You''ve got to be careful in places like Thailand as some of the women in their early 20s look like they could be under 18, making it hard to tell if they''re legal or not. When I were out there I played it safe and managed to pull a German bird with huge knockers. In my best German accent I asked to see her papers and for some reason she took her knickers off.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="93vintage"]places like Thailand as some of the women in their early 20s look like they could be under 18...[/quote].....or blokes. [+o(]

Those prisons would be a lot more unpleasant if they didnt have money.

Hard to believe the complete and utter stupidity of those 3.

Thailand has a very lax attitude towards adult sex tourism, unless of course you engage in unseemly and insulting behaviour....which they very definitely did.

This is a country where showing someone the soles of your feet is an insult.

If you mess up in Thailand, dont expect any help from anyone , least of all the British Embassy.

These guys could very easily be hung out to dry even if the girls are not underage, because the Thais have a very different take on many things to us Farang.

its not often these days that you''ll see a professional footballer wearing a thai around their necks...

Underage or overage, racist or pc, morally right or wrong this video clip of Adam Smith, Tom Hopper and James Pearson will be available to everyone to see on the internet and will follow them around for the rest of their professional careers and not so personal lives. Perhaps they are proud that their parents, future partners or children will be able to view what they did in Thailand 1, 10, 20 or 50 years ago.Getting naked and aroused with two other naked men whilst watching each other would weird me out, but putting that aside why would you be so dumb as to firstly record it and then to share it?Is it a generational thing or is having a personal/private life and not feeling the compulsion to "share" or video everything then "share" with anyone and everyone a thing of the past?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Those prisons would be a lot more unpleasant if they didnt have money.

[/quote]

they won''t get any better treatment... the money they do have will probably end up in the pocket of some prisoner in return for "protection" which will never happen...

one question to ask is are Leicester brave enough to sack the players?

Footballers seem to think they are above the law, can get into all kinds of trouble and the big fat pay check at the end of the month will make it all better.

This is a real chance for Leicester and Football to take a stand.. Sack them, ban them from football for a year, and see how society views them when they try and get a job....