Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

Carrow Road Pies

Does anyone actually enjoy eating the pies at Carrow Road?

I ask, as obviously we have been voted a bad away day experience and it got me thinking... does anyone actually deem it tasty? or worth the three odd quid?

I''ve recently been advised to not eat beef/steak so got in touch with Norwich City about their pie choices for next year, and after initially acknowledging my email - they have done very little since.

Since stopping the beef, I had to try the cheese and onion pie - and I can without any doubt say it was the worst thing I''ve ever eaten. Tasteless cheese and potato mush in a dry pastry casing - and this was before kick-off it''s not even like it had sat there until half time.

Why do we have no Chicken Pies or Curry pies? I am all for meat, but we don''t even have a nice vegetable pie...

Needless to say if the menu doesn''t get a refresh for the new season, I will be eating at home or in the city before venturing to Carrow Road.

Rant/Whinge over...

Last home game I bought a giant sausage roll for £3 , it was all roll and no sausage, took it back and they gave me £1 back.

[quote user="Herman "]Food at a football stadium is rubbish shocker![/quote]*Except my chicken balti pie at Wembley.

Great thread. I get annoyed when I go down and it seems to be random whether or not they are serving soup. A nice bread roll would also be nice as well

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]Food at a football stadium is rubbish shocker![/quote]*Except my chicken balti pie at Wembley.[/quote]The fish and chips looked edible there but I tend to not bother to avoid any disappointment. Plus I had my handful with pints of fizzy beer.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]Food at a football stadium is rubbish shocker![/quote]*Except my chicken balti pie at Wembley.[/quote]The fish and chips looked edible there but I tend to not bother to avoid any disappointment. Plus I had my handful with pints of fizzy beer.[/quote]

A pint in front of your computer screen watching a dodgy foreign site I assume

This could easily extend to an argument about the beer served also

Poor choice, poor quality, sky high prices.

Not so long ago there used to be a healthy number of people, pre-game, having to queue for a bite to eat and a beer. Now you walk straight to the ''bar'' and have a choice of 4 or 5 people to serve you.

Morty touched upon the subject (Morrisons) as an alternative, and we have taken to going in there before a game, and there are hundreds of City fans in there.

This is a similar debate with the new track suit tops.

If the Club were to be more sensible with the prices, for a start, then they would sell more. Basic economics will tell you that will lead to larger profits in NCFC''s piggy bank

It''s really basic stuff to be honest, and with the debacle that is these tracksuit tops, someone is not even doing their job, to a minimum standard

The club can do FAR better in these departments

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]This could easily extend to an argument about the beer served also

Poor choice, poor quality, sky high prices.

Not so long ago there used to be a healthy number of people, pre-game, having to queue for a bite to eat and a beer. Now you walk straight to the ''bar'' and have a choice of 4 or 5 people to serve you.

Morty touched upon the subject (Morrisons) as an alternative, and we have taken to going in there before a game, and there are hundreds of City fans in there.

This is a similar debate with the new track suit tops.

If the Club were to be more sensible with the prices, for a start, then they would sell more. Basic economics will tell you that will lead to larger profits in NCFC''s piggy bank

It''s really basic stuff to be honest, and with the debacle that is these tracksuit tops, someone is not even doing their job, to a minimum standard

The club can do FAR better in these departments[/quote]I think that there is very deliberate strategy being applied here, in the case of food. The fact there is a Morrissons right over the road, which the club could never compete on price, means they perhaps feel justified in offerring an average product, knowing full well most people will go elsewhere anyway.Thing is with those trackie tops, plenty people will pay the price. Football fans aren''t normal consumers, theres very little value for money about the whole football experience.Lets face it, they get most of us to part with 40 notes a season for a tacky nylon top, just because it has a canary on it.

Yeh, not looking to compete purely on price, but as has been touched upon with the trackie tops, a more sensible price for something (unique to NCFC even?) would encourage far more people to buy at the ground, as opposed to elsewhere.

To be honest my football experience for a home game lasts approx 12.30 -6.30 so realistically I can have my lunch before I go to the game, and wait ''til I get home for my next meal, but, as we all know, it (the non football part of the afternoon) is just as important part of the whole day.

I would spend more at the ground if the prices/beer/quality etc was improved.

I wouldn''t be splitting hairs over an odd £ or so, comparing with Morrisons, because I would like to have a beer before the game, but it is not always practical to be doing that anywhere but at the ground, so I go without most times, and hang on until I get home

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Yeh, not looking to compete purely on price, but as has been touched upon with the trackie tops, a more sensible price for something (unique to NCFC even?) would encourage far more people to buy at the ground, as opposed to elsewhere.

To be honest my football experience for a home game lasts approx 12.30 -6.30 so realistically I can have my lunch before I go to the game, and wait ''til I get home for my next meal, but, as we all know, it (the non football part of the afternoon) is just as important part of the whole day.

I would spend more at the ground if the prices/beer/quality etc was improved.

I wouldn''t be splitting hairs over an odd £ or so, comparing with Morrisons, because I would like to have a beer before the game, but it is not always practical to be doing that anywhere but at the ground, so I go without most times, and hang on until I get home[/quote]They have got some things right, Yellows is excellent, as is Delias.Food and drink isn''t really an issue for me, as its only a ten minute walk to the ground. But it would be nice if the club offered something that actually made me want to spend my money there on a matchday.They tried that bottle bar thing a while back, didn''t go myself, but someone told me it was pretty half assed. So many people go to pubs before and after the game, with a bit of investment they could take that business. I sit in the upper Barclay, and the bar facilities really aren''t very good.

River End for me, and yes, Yellows is very good, but literally 10 paces through a door is the experience I talk about. Almost separate Worlds. All the people in our end cannot be served by Yellows, so, as we say, the Club is missing a trick there.

General question to all Stands, how is the fare on offer where you are?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]River End for me, and yes, Yellows is very good, but literally 10 paces through a door is the experience I talk about. Almost separate Worlds. All the people in our end cannot be served by Yellows, so, as we say, the Club is missing a trick there.

General question to all Stands, how is the fare on offer where you are?[/quote]The Jarrold really is the only stand offering modern facilities.

City stand for me, pies at best can be described as average (haven''t had one for ages, so disappointing) tend to eat on the riverside before the game, or if midweek and straight from work a burger from the van outside the club shop, have my Bovril at half time from the cathedral lounge tho, always half time bovril, home or away.

Match days is a family event for us, so we spend a few quid home or away, and the club is missing out here as unfortunately the choice is not good enough (not many grounds are !)

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]Food at a football stadium is rubbish shocker![/quote]*Except my chicken balti pie at Wembley.[/quote]The fish and chips looked edible there but I tend to not bother to avoid any disappointment. Plus I had my handful with pints of fizzy beer.[/quote] Herman in atttending match shocker !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]River End for me, and yes, Yellows is very good, but literally 10 paces through a door is the experience I talk about. Almost separate Worlds. All the people in our end cannot be served by Yellows, so, as we say, the Club is missing a trick there.

General question to all Stands, how is the fare on offer where you are?[/quote]The Jarrold really is the only stand offering modern facilities.[/quote]Really ? the lower Barclay has tables and chairs, draught beer and heating !

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]River End for me, and yes, Yellows is very good, but literally 10 paces through a door is the experience I talk about. Almost separate Worlds. All the people in our end cannot be served by Yellows, so, as we say, the Club is missing a trick there.

General question to all Stands, how is the fare on offer where you are?[/quote]The Jarrold really is the only stand offering modern facilities.[/quote]Really ? the lower Barclay has tables and chairs, draught beer and heating ![/quote]Haven''t been in there on a matchday in years, only been in there on beambacks and a few do''s.Yeah, a lot better than the upper barclay, the facilities up there are archaic.

Lovin'' that the pies and trackie''s have made life more bearable for the moaners since we won the play-off final [:D]

I bet Bradders and Whitts are over the moon too[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]River End for me, and yes, Yellows is very good, but literally 10 paces through a door is the experience I talk about. Almost separate Worlds. All the people in our end cannot be served by Yellows, so, as we say, the Club is missing a trick there.

General question to all Stands, how is the fare on offer where you are?[/quote]The Jarrold really is the only stand offering modern facilities.[/quote]Really ? the lower Barclay has tables and chairs, draught beer and heating ![/quote]Haven''t been in there on a matchday in years, only been in there on beambacks and a few do''s.Yeah, a lot better than the upper barclay, the facilities up there are archaic.[/quote]Like Morty I haven''t been in the lower Barclay for years but the big bar area in there is pretty impressive. Like a pub really. Yes, the Jarrold concourse is the most modern but it''s still all breezeblock and concrete and the queues at HT are horrendous. Just like the prices.Probably the best facilities for the ordinary punter are in the Lounges in the City Stand but it''s mainly tea and biscuits to cater for the OAP''s who make up most of the clientele. That said the season tickets are dearer but I suppose they have to cover the '' free '' tea and biscuits somehow. At one time they threw in a programme too but that may have changed.To be fair I think the pies and sausage rolls are fairly tasty but after a few pre-match pints isn''t everything ? [;)]

The Jarrold may be modern but it is a sterile concrete area.

There are no tables and nowhere to sit. I have mentioned this to McNally at two A.G.Ms and followed it up with e mails but there has been no improvement.

As the upper Barclay was intended for away fans (a very short-sighted and short-lived plan), the facilities were designed to be rather basic.

The pies at Brighton were locally handmade fare and were excellent, as was the local beer. Why not help out the small local guy. Bit like the bloke who was making on the ball beer , could of struck up a deal, instead threaten court action.

[quote user="barclayboys"]The pies at Brighton were locally handmade fare and were excellent, as was the local beer. Why not help out the small local guy. Bit like the bloke who was making on the ball beer , could of struck up a deal, instead threaten court action.[/quote][Y]