Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

carrow Road. Away day experience.

Doesn''t often happen but I agree with LDC the fact we don''t properly welcome our guests nor announce their subs is just childish and disrespectful

Good news this, could help to solve this running question about ground expansion, let them buggers stay away and leave more seats for us.

I honestly can''t think of that many grounds the mention us when the teams run out, all clubs run through the teams, surely that is recognition enough, our welcome is natural, not manufactured ! surely thats the way it should be ? its football not an afternoon at the Theatre Royal.

IMO it is to be taken with a large pinch of salt - we were 7th in the PL last season, so what does that tell you? Not a lot changed from one season to the next, so I imagine this survey includes a ''whinge'' factor about the entry price which was mentioned by several bunches of supporters. Next season, when our prices will be the norm, we''ll be back nearer the top. (I noticed that a lot fewer did the survey this season, and tbh I''ve never seen it advertised anywhere).

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]IMO it is to be taken with a large pinch of salt - we were 7th in the PL last season, so what does that tell you? Not a lot changed from one season to the next, so I imagine this survey includes a ''whinge'' factor about the entry price which was mentioned by several bunches of supporters. Next season, when our prices will be the norm, we''ll be back nearer the top. (I noticed that a lot fewer did the survey this season, and tbh I''ve never seen it advertised anywhere).[/quote]Agreed. I live near Pride Park and it''s a bland, anonymous stadium in the midst of a bland, anonymous retail and business park, so no idea why Derby are second. Perhaps because it''s in the middle of the country.I had a great time there this season granted, but that was because of our support and the match, nothing to do with the ground.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Based purely on cost of entry, basicness and price of food and very limited to anywhere you can actually go in the city as an away fan - I think we are lucky to be up as high as we are. Some of the prices we have charged away fans this year have been ridiculous and the pies are anything but enjoyable.[/quote]Not so unless the visitors are Ipswich or one or two others. Away fans love coming to Norwich for the great pubs and atmosphere before the game. They like our friendly fans too.On the debit side there''s a combination of factors why we''re so low. They include rip-off ticket prices, regular home wins ( especially since AN took over ) and a horrible journey on that basket case called the A47.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]On the debit side there''s a combination of factors why we''re so low. They include rip-off ticket prices, regular home wins ( especially since AN took over ) and a horrible journey on that basket case called the A47.[/quote]

Oh, I don''t know, always like getting to the A47.  The A17, though is something else.....the only A road in the country designed specifically to make overtaking practically impossible.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]IMO it is to be taken with a large pinch of salt - we were 7th in the PL last season, so what does that tell you? Not a lot changed from one season to the next, so I imagine this survey includes a ''whinge'' factor about the entry price which was mentioned by several bunches of supporters. Next season, when our prices will be the norm, we''ll be back nearer the top. (I noticed that a lot fewer did the survey this season, and tbh I''ve never seen it advertised anywhere).[/quote]Agreed. I live near Pride Park and it''s a bland, anonymous stadium in the midst of a bland, anonymous retail and business park, so no idea why Derby are second. Perhaps because it''s in the middle of the country.I had a great time there this season granted, but that was because of our support and the match, nothing to do with the ground.[/quote]

Pride Park, I have a mate who is a Derby ST holder, and mad the mistake of going in the home section with him in the early days of the new stadium, a young Jason Shackell made his senior debut for us that day, ever since I have referred to it as "Plastic Park" all breeze blocks and plastic corrugated sheeting. very bland Nuff, If it wasn''t for their great support (and before i get shot down, i think their support is amongst the best in the chumps, behind us of course)would be even worse.

I hadn''t taken much notice of this thread until I just opened an e-mail from the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) and discovered that 3.966 people had voted from the 92 clubs. That''s an average of 43 people from each club. What sort of survey is that? Their combined list for the top two divisions is........

Combined Premier League and Championship results (marks out of 10):

• Wigan Athletic 7.83
  • Derby County 7.82
  • Hull City 7.79
  • Brighton & HA 7.69
  • Rotherham United 7.55
  • Cardiff City 7.40
  • Huddersfield Town 7.32
  • Southampton 7.23
  • Reading 7.23
  • Stoke City 6.94
  • Sunderland 6.93
  • Fulham 6.86
  • Watford 6.86
  • Leicester City 6.84
  • Arsenal 6.84
  • Middlesbrough 6.74
  • Swansea City 6.72
  • Newcastle United 6.68
  • Charlton Athletic 6.65
  • WBA 6.63
  • AFC Bournemouth 6.63
  • Manchester City 6.53
  • Blackburn Rovers 6.51
  • Millwall 6.50
  • Birmingham City 6.48
  • Nottingham Forest 6.35
  • Brentford 6.32
  • Bolton Wanderers 6.31
  • Spurs 6.11
  • Ipswich Town 6.08
  • Everton 5.80
  • Burnley 5.76
  • Wolves 5.70
  • Aston Villa 5.69
  • West Ham United 5.58
  • Chelsea 5.52
  • Manchester United 5.40
  • Liverpool 5.32
  • Leeds United 5.28
  • Sheffield Wednesday 5.26
  • Norwich City 5.09
  • Blackpool 5.00
  • Crystal Palace 4.94
  • QPR 3.58
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/wigan-athletictop-table-for-the-best-away-day#sthash.DJoCTgnW.dpuf