RM-Redmond, E.Bennett

LM-Johnson, New

CM-Howson, Tettey, Dorrans, Odjijda, O''Neill, Hoolahan

CF-Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, New

Out:

Turner, Lafferty, Wolfswinkel

Loan:

Miquel, Toffolo, Ja Murphy, Jo Murphy, Thompson, Andreu, Loza

I just think Alex Neil would like Elliott Bennett, a team player, works hard, can fill at RB in an emergency and doesnt seem an unsettling type if not playing.

The Miquel signing still baffles me, hes gone from being nowhere near Arsenals match day squad to being nowhere near ours. You may be right with him being shown the exit.

To be clear on my point ref Elliott Bennett, i really like him and think he did excellent the few times he has played this season, but he has been injured so much and lost a yard of pace, so maybe gone, but hope he has enough to warrant palace in the squad.

That list works fairly well for me, and fits the 25-man squad (if Nathan now counts as a named over-age player - if he doesn''t we might squeeze another in). Not sure who we''ll loan out from the youngsters, we may need them for a bit of cover.

i didnt know if that defensive was maybe a role Odjijda could fill. Who knows, with a injury free pre season hopefully we can see what he can do.

I would sell e Bennett

We need goal scoring midfielders and therefore the left midfield and right midfield positions need to be filled.

Defensively I still think we need two centre halves, happily move Russell Martin to compete for right back for one more season and then get a better right back in.

We do need a few signings to come in and really get this group with cover across the team. Personally I always believe you buy better than what you have, so I expect the new guys to not be youngsters

I think you''re being a touch generous with our current squad.I imagine Elliot Bennett will either be covering the right back slot or can find a new club.Given how little Gary O''Neill played under Alex Neil, I think he''d be looking for his fourth successive promotion elsewhere. I could even see Hooper going.

Andreu is an interesting 1

I feel he could come good but I do feel he is on the outside looking in, a loan will be taken if AN thinks better options are available but he could be that shock player.

Best thing about coming up is people don''t know how VOO or Andreu play so they are trump cards

Other players they will know much more about

The long anticipated full back, wing back role for Elliot Bennett doesn''t seem to be making much progress.

I would have given it a try in the Chumps if necessary, but not so sure about the PL now.

Agree apart from Grabban and Voo, both will be out of place in the Prem. Cameron has grown as a player imo, fitter and stronger but will need back up of quality. Josh has to make a breakthrough soon, he surely has the talent.

Definitely a CB to replace rm, don''t see him better option than whittaker at rb either, need a proven prem fwd and cover at lb all imho.

I think it is a fair point with rm at right back too

I am just very aware that we cannot change the group too much... Maybe a nice signing in January, always need a push in January.

So AN has to mix new signings and those that got us up

Ins is to replace any departees from the core starting team from last season and add first team starters / contenders for RB, 2 xCB, Def & Left midfield and strong lone striker.

Hooper desperately needs to go too. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can''t cut it in the PL, and he is barely a 5th striker in the Championship as was shown this year.

No way of knowing if Grabban and VOO will be ''out of place'' in the PL until they play there. VOO is very much an unknown but the snippets I''ve seen of him have been impressive, strong, decent on the ball and reasonably quick. Grabban was very much the preferred striker for AN before injury and suspension so will definitely be in his PL plans. Will be an interesting one to see if can make the step up but with chances created by Redmond, Wes etc he will score goals as is quick and gets into right areas.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper desperately needs to go too. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can''t cut it in the PL, and he is barely a 5th striker in the Championship as was shown this year.[/quote]So that ''5th choice'' striker got 12 in the Championship.Not a bad return. Definitely worth keeping.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper desperately needs to go too. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can''t cut it in the PL, and he is barely a 5th striker in the Championship as was shown this year.[/quote]So that ''5th choice'' striker got 12 in the Championship.Not a bad return. Definitely worth keeping. [/quote] 

Don''t bite Herman. there''s something weird going on there.

That individual uses this forum almost solely to exercise his vendetta against Gary Hooper, the footballer.

It''s constant, it''s embarrassing and  it''s tedious.

The level of vitriol expressed is so far  removed from events that might have taken place on a football field that one actually has to wonder whether something has happened in a walk of life not connected with the game.

It most certainly is not what a football forum should be used for, that''s for sure.

It is excessive and nasty to the point that one has to consider whether the individual involved should actually require psychiatric help.

The strange thing is that, should Hooper want away from the Club, in order to be more assured a place in a starting line-up somewhere, then there will be no shortage of suitors from the professional game willing to pay good money for him. These people are qualified to judge, the psychopath is clearly not.

In sum, I''m fed up with the predictable rubbish. It''s gone way beyond being amusing.

Whatever it is also involves Michael Turner, also a victim of Jaemae''s opinion. Not sure if he''s ever made a post that didn''t slag off one or the other. Even does it on Michael Bailey''s online match commentary. A very bitter person.

Um, not allowed to type ''s l a g''? Strange, but I suppose in another context it would be offensive.

I agree, the personal vendatta Jaemae has against Hooper is almost creepy.

Funnily enough, despite the fact he was possibly 3rd choice last season, I think that of our strikers Hooper might be the one most suited to the premier league because he is technically and in terms of finishing ability the best striker we have. We can;t afford to be wasteful in the prem and so I very much hope he is heavily involved.

Need to get a good, full pre-season into him though to get his fitness up to scratch from the off.

[quote user="vlad666"]Think we need another defensive midfielder to play alongside or cover tettey.[/quote]Isn''t Louis Thompson a more defensively minded CM? Everything I''ve heard about him is positive, admittedly at League One level, but Lambert brought League One players up to Prem standard. I think he''d count as a young home-grown player too, wouldn''t he? Have only seen him play once or twice, but from reports he sounds like he''d be a good squad player.

not sure about Thompson - thought he was a wide midfielder?   But he is def one for the future.

How about Matt Jarvis as a wide left option?  Prem experience,  only 29 and hard working player.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="vlad666"]Think we need another defensive midfielder to play alongside or cover tettey.[/quote]Isn''t Louis Thompson a more defensively minded CM? Everything I''ve heard about him is positive, admittedly at League One level, but Lambert brought League One players up to Prem standard. I think he''d count as a young home-grown player too, wouldn''t he? Have only seen him play once or twice, but from reports he sounds like he''d be a good squad player.[/quote]

Yes, and the for applies to some of the other youngsters.

Ironically at a time when we seem very well stacked with up and comings, our return to the Premier League will inevitable stall their  progess at the Club.

By and large, the PL requires experienced performers so we will be loaning out young hopefuls at the same time as we will be bringing in players more suited to the immediate task ahead.

Do we actually get some sort of fee for loaning out any youngsters? I realise that their wages are probably covered.

I seem to remember that we paid a "signing on " fee for both Kyle Naughton and Harry Kane.

Redmond doesn''t count to the 25 man senior squad. He had his 21st on the 6th March. I know this not because I had an invite to his party, but because I just googled for the info. So on the 1st Jan this year (the date that age criteria is determined), he was still only 20. Always handy to have any under-21s as almost nailed on starters for a lot of games, as it frees up space in the 25, if a team wants to fill the whole quota. Liverpool might be feeling like that too, of course! I know I am a bit sentimental, but I do hope, on the assumption that RVW, Lafferty, and Turner won''t be in the 25, and the likes of Thompson, Murphys etc still under-age, there is still plenty of room for the likes of O''Neil. Andreu, and EB. We have room for 6 or 7 signings, without losing the identity of the team that achieved promotion. There''s always someone, though, that we are sad to see go, and we''ve had to get used to that over the last 5 years, with so many promotions. It always seems a little unfair that no sooner a team enjoys the euphoria of getting promoted, quite a few players end up going back to where they have just come from. Sure, not too much sympathy as they get well remunerated these days through their contracts, but on a professional level, you feel like they deserve a chance in the PL. Just a bit of tinkering to the squad is what I am hoping for - very much on the lines of the OP, with maybe an addition in CM / Tettey role