Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Memories

Just had a great evening in with the guys I went to Wembley with, watching a re run of Sky''s coverage of THE game.

I have replayed Redmond''s goal a few times (ok, dozens) of times, and the noise from our fans as his shot hits the net is AWESOME

I am going to put that on my phone, and watch it, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

I''m with Crabby. The Redmond goal was so important to the club and it was of such good quality and the noise was so incredible, that it is still fresh as the day it was scored - and it will be one of those goals that is truly never forgotten.   Goss has a rival for most memorable club goal.

This thread is a fine tribute to the huge contribution Redmond has made in the last few weeks.

I really have no wish to detract from the goal Nathan scored because it was sublime skill and finishing on his part. However, I believe and hope what most people think of when they refer to "the Redmond goal" is the overall manner of the goal. It was as fine a team effort comprised of skill and determination that we will witness in any league in any season. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]This thread is a fine tribute to the huge contribution Redmond has made in the last few weeks.[/quote]

Lol.Indeed it is.

[/quote]So there really was no need to bump one from two weeks ago, just because it was your thread, was there?

That''s how I did see it Yankee, and I''m sure everyone is in agreement with your sentiment

Having said that, I still feel that Redmond has a level or two to go yet, in his career. This will come with age and experience, with confidence in his own ability.

When I have seen him play for the U-21s he seems a different man (confidence wise) to how he has been for us, although there are definite signs, that is changing over the last few weeks, long may the man grow

Anyway, can''t stop, got to have a look at my phone..........

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I really have no wish to detract from the goal Nathan scored because it was sublime skill and finishing on his part. However, I believe and hope what most people think of when they refer to "the Redmond goal" is the overall manner of the goal. It was as fine a team effort comprised of skill and determination that we will witness in any league in any season. 

[/quote]Yes indeed YC. Some fantastic one-touch passing making Boro''s pressing look amateurish. The assist from Whits, which deserves far more credit than it gets, perfectly timed and weighted, and the final touches by Redders was the big fat cherry on top.

7 payers I counted in the build up btw. It was a chore to rewatch though....

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m with Crabby. The Redmond goal was so important to the club and it was of such good quality and the noise was so incredible, that it is still fresh as the day it was scored - and it will be one of those goals that is truly never forgotten.   Goss has a rival for most memorable club goal.

[/quote]
You''re right it was an important goal, think I counted 17 passes in the lead up to it, wont ever forget that goal or build up and it shows what the lad can do when he puts his mind to it.
Ive watched it over and over again, wont ever get tired of it

Hahaha glad it isn''t just me watching the game, the highlights, the goal!! over and over

You find something you didn''t notice before and then thats all you see....like the little lad going ballistic!!! So funny and just gives you that same feeling again...

It''s the topless bloke doing a ''gorilla'' chest beating that cracks me up. Fair play to him.

Just spent an hour or so in City this afternoon, printed up the Wembley pics, including a 16 X 20 panorama poster of the inside of the stadium from our seats.
Nothing less than the day deserves, what that day cost is nothing in the VFM stakes, totally awesome. [:D]

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Just spent an hour or so in City this afternoon, printed up the Wembley pics, including a 16 X 20 panorama poster of the inside of the stadium from our seats.
Nothing less than the day deserves, what that day cost is nothing in the VFM stakes, totally awesome. [:D]
[/quote]Where did you print your panorama picture? I may nick that idea!How much was it and what size did you get?[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Just spent an hour or so in City this afternoon, printed up the Wembley pics, including a 16 X 20 panorama poster of the inside of the stadium from our seats.
[/quote]Where did you print your panorama picture? I may nick that idea!How much was it and what size did you get?[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]
I had it done in Boots Morty, is 16 X 20, so not a true panorama, but still looks good.
Yours is really good, and I would love to have that printed up, "as is".

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Just spent an hour or so in City this afternoon, printed up the Wembley pics, including a 16 X 20 panorama poster of the inside of the stadium from our seats.
[/quote]Where did you print your panorama picture? I may nick that idea!How much was it and what size did you get?[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]
I had it done in Boots Morty, is 16 X 20, so not a true panorama, but still looks good.
Yours is really good, and I would love to have that printed up, "as is".
[/quote]Yeah I might have a look online, see if anyone can print it up in the original format, and frame it.

About £15 online for the print (100cm X 33cm) Morty, bargain I reckon. 
I also asked in club shop today if they had any frames, they are saying they will have some in soon.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]About £15 online for the print (100cm X 33cm) Morty, bargain I reckon. 
I also asked in club shop today if they had any frames, they are saying they will have some in soon.
[/quote]Yup, reckon I''ll have some of that action[Y]