Sign in to follow this  
farmer canary

Alex Tettey

Seeing Tettey in the championship I think he is good enough for the prem however I think another cdm may be needed because of his dodgy knees/ legs??

We already have a back up in the form of VOO. We also have Gary O''Neil at the moment

O''Neill and VOO both do very different jobs to Tettey. As someone else suggested, Mulumbu seems like a great option on a free.

People might not like this but who cares.

I would take a serious look at Grant Leadbitter.

Just the Ipswich connection I guess.

Think he''s excellent, and probably better than Tettey.

Some of the tackles he pulls off when chasing down players on the break are amazing. He chased down Redmond a few times.

As for the money, I would pay between 3-4million for him and he''d be worth it.

I''d rather have Tettey as first choice in the side than Leadbitter, but as competition/cover for him, no problem.  Tettey has earned his place next season and as long as he is fit and on form, he is more than good enough imo.  

Never get him for that kind of price - would be closer to £6m.

He has 2 years on his contract, Boro have no reason to sell and looking for promotion again next season. The days of Premier League clubs being able to dip into the Championship and pick up relatively cheap players are pretty much over. The clubs are well aware just how much money Norwich have and they will expect big fees to release their best players.

They''ve just bought Nathan Ake in on loan I think. They can''t play Ake, Clayton, Forshaw and Leadbitter at the same time, surely one will leave. I would take Leadbitter in a heartbeat, but I like Clayton too.

Ake can play defensive or midfield - has been used more a midfielder at Reading this season.

Didn''t realise he had gone to Boro - I think he''ll be below Leadbitter and Clayton in the pecking order though, he didn''t really do to well at Reading as is very much at last chance saloon with Chelsea.

Leadbitter faded towards the end of the season after a headline grabbing start with all them goals. I don''t think he''s an improvement on what we have already and he''s not a Tettey style all action DM either so I think with us making Dorrans a permanent deal, we don''t need him.

It''s satisfying how Neil Adams started and Alex Neil has continued the trend of playing our best players in very defined roles. Under the Hughton regime a few of our best players didn''t have enough clearly defined roles within the team, and if they did some were very off the mark.In short we were rigid and predictable.

Now we have very defined roles (with an element of flexibility). Tettey as the anchor man who breaks it up and releases to our more creative midfielders. Johnson as the all action box to box midfielder. Howson as the cultured midfield instigator. Wes is the playmaker with the freedom to roam. Grabban and Jerome take turns to fill the complete forward role who has to be the focal point of the team. Our fullbacks have to defend and attack in equal measure.

On top of this we have the ability to change our shape, personnel and approach at the drop of a hat. Very impressive stuff from Alex Neil. We''re definitely going to be a very dynamic force next season.