Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Youssouf Mulumbu

I''d definitely take him! More than adequate competition for Tettey but his wages might be a bit steep. As with all signings we''ll be making over the next few years our very smart condition of having a steep relegation clause in all players contracts could leave us at a bit of a disadvantage though. It means we''ll only sign mostly good eggs and at the bare minimum we''ll be a contender in the Championship if we go down but it''ll be tough to compete with some of the more reckless or desperate clubs.

I''d try to sign him but my preferred policy this year would be to try to pick up the best of the Championship

Almost an ideal signing, on a free, plenty of premier league experience and at a good age - 28.

Still a good 2-3 years in him at least. If we persist with a DM then we will definitely need competition for Tettey, although I suspect if Tettey''s knees continue to play up it may well prove to be more of a replacement.

How about recruiting the entire WBA "B" team ???WOW we''ll really set the Premiership on fire !

I hear locally that Wolves are interested, although a fee of £8m has been quoted. The player may prefer to remain in the West Midlands, rather than uprooting elsewhere.

Are the bigger priorities, however? We already have a wealth of midfielders, and although Tettey''s knees may be a worry, he surely little older than Mulumbu.

Salopian - he has been released so there is no fee of 8 million, or any other value.

I''m sure he''d happily move if there was 500k per year in wages more in Norfolk.

a free is never a free

most players pick up sizable signing on fees sometimes the same amount they would have cost to buy them

The signing on fee is only one facet of the process, and other factors can be used to persuade the player. Mind you there is only so far down that path that the likes of Mcnally and AN would go, if the player puts too much emphasis on this

[quote user="Six Pack"]How about recruiting the entire WBA "B" team ???WOW we''ll really set the Premiership on fire ![/quote]

West Brom have finished safely in midtable 4 out of the last 5 seasons. Signing their players doesn''t seem a bad idea to me.

He made 17 appearances apparently last season, 37 the previous season. He''s on a free and would rather play for us than Wolves I''m sure, however perhaps only if he can get first team football.

According to whoscored he had the best season (2013/14 before Pulis came in) in terms of rating out of the whole squad and also picked up the most man of the match award. On a free there''s no reason why he shouldn''t be good enough to replace gary o''neil on the bench.

GoN has said he is staying on Twitter. I''d imagine we will keep him in the squad and have him helping with coaching.

He''d certainly be a very good signing to compete with (and in the tough away games, play alongside) Tettey.Ticks almost every box- ability, age, experience, cost. I''d rather us focus on quality over quantity and alongside a new centre back, right back, winger and striker he''d be a good start.

KeiranShikari wrote:

West Brom have finished safely in midtable 4 out of the last 5 seasons. Signing their players doesn''t seem a bad idea to me.

Keiran I agree with the squad but these are players they want rid of. I suppose Mulumbu would be ok on a free.

I would go for Dawson & McAulay - their CBs.

McAulay has scored twice for us already so will fit in no problem !.

I''m pleased GoN is staying with us, there were times last season where he brought some solid composure to the team when it was needed.

Also, he would have to be the unluckiest player in history to have had 3 promotions only to be sold off/released straight after?!?!

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]I''m pleased GoN is staying with us, there were times last season where he brought some solid composure to the team when it was needed.

Also, he would have to be the unluckiest player in history to have had 3 promotions only to be sold off/released straight after?!?![/quote]I wouldn''t bet against it happening again.QPR perhaps?