Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

Matthew Lowton

We could do with a right back, because whilst Whittaker is decent at Championship level, I have reservations about him in the Premier League. But is Lowton any better? He hasn''t been getting anywhere the Villa team lately, and aside from that goal against Stoke a couple of years ago, I don''t think he''s ever done enough to justify us making a move.

I might be wrong but didn''t he pick up a really bad knock? He seemed to start brilliantly for Villa then fell off but that whole team was struggling.

Lawton can''t get in the Villa side because a Scottish RB is keeping him out, who Whittaker seems to be keeping out the Scotland side, embarrassingly I can''t remember his name, bald guy

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Lawton can''t get in the Villa side because a Scottish RB is keeping him out, who Whittaker seems to be keeping out the Scotland side, embarrassingly I can''t remember his name, bald guy[/quote]Alan Hutton.[/quote]

Used to be a decent RB for rangers and Tottenham now trouncing around in the villa defence...

Jenkinson isn''t a bad shout, and on a similar note, what about Calum Chambers at Arsenal? Wenger initially wanted him to become a centre back, even though he''s always been a right back, and he did seem to struggle in the middle, so I''ve no idea if that plan has been scrapped. Maybe getting him here as a right back could be an option?

I think you will find Hutton isnt keeping Whittaker out of the side. Hutton has regulary started for Scotland even when he was getting frozen out at Villa. Whittaker probably filled in more at left back than at right back.

Jenkinson would be a great signing, be suprised if someone like west Ham didnt come in for him again.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Saw us linked to Jenkinson who has been on loan at WHU from Arsenal. Bellerin now number one RB there so no place for Jenkinson.Has played with Redmond at England U21 levelhttps://www.eyefootball.com/news/23512/Norwich-City-Carl-Jenkinson-deal.html[/quote]

At last a rumour that hits the mark.   Would be a great signing - even as a loan.   Let it be so.

Jenkinson would be a great signing, highly competent full back. I also think that this rumour has more credibility than some of the other recent ones, I especially like the comment stating WHU failed to reach an agreement with Arsenal, at least has some promise.

Jenkinson would be great, his crossing is excellent.

To the guy who mentioned Chambers- my Arsenal supporting friend said he actually looked lost at right back and seems much better in the middle of the defence. Don''t see Arsenal loaning him out though unless they bring in more defenders.

[quote user="king canary"]Jenkinson would be great, his crossing is excellent.

To the guy who mentioned Chambers- my Arsenal supporting friend said he actually looked lost at right back and seems much better in the middle of the defence. Don''t see Arsenal loaning him out though unless they bring in more defenders.[/quote]Really? I didn''t see much of him at Southampton (in fact, I haven''t seen much of him at all- I was putting his name out there on the basis of his reputation as a promising young defender) but he was used by them exclusively as a right back and it were those performances that led to Wenger spending £16m on the bloke.I did see the match against Everton at Goodison early on last season and he looked totally lost at centre back, which is why I was wondering if that is going to be his position long term. He also played centre back in that pasting they took at Stoke (3-0 down at half time) before being sent off. But saying that, he wasn''t getting anywhere near the team in the second half of the season, with the emergence on Bellerin at right back and the signing of Gabriel at centre back, so he probably needs to be loaned out, unless Wenger wants to throw in the deep end again.

I would take all three in a heart beat. Although realistically, the best we can hope for is Lowton IMO.

Wenger has said he sees Chambers as a future centre-back but probably isn''t ready to play there yet - he has also played defensive midfield at Arsenal to varying degrees of success.

Don''t think Arsenal will let him go out on loan next season, especially if they are looking to move Jenkinson on. If Norwich did manage to get Jenkinson though it would be a great signing, and also show that Norwich have the ability to get ahead of other Premier League sides. Not sure how reliable the linked report is though, can''t say I have ever heard of that site, or that writer before.

I would say a return to West Ham is still the most likely outcome for Jenkinson, who is keen to remain in London (he turned down other loan opportunities to go to West Ham).

Fingers crossed Norwich can work something out with Arsenal - a loan with a permanent move agreed should the club avoid relegation would be ideal.

Jenkinson is an exciting idea! He was great at West Ham last season, so much so i thought it was a formality he''d end up back there. If anything, I thought Arsenal might want him back.

If the loan deal is linked up with a permanent fee if we stay up (Like Ricky at ASSE) then we''d be making a great signing!

Correct me if i''m wrong but I feel like we were linked with him straight after Arsenal bought him weren''t we?

Not sure what the full story is but after chatting to a Villa fan at the weekend, it seems Lowton was doing well. He allegedly struggled to live away from Sheffield and moved back without Lambert knowing. Obviously that would cause problems if true.

If that''s accurate, i''m not sure he''d be comfortable coming down to Norfolk but if he''s desperate for first team footy then who knows.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Lawton can''t get in the Villa side because a Scottish RB is keeping him out, who Whittaker seems to be keeping out the Scotland side, embarrassingly I can''t remember his name, bald guy[/quote]

Alan Hutton.
[/quote]

Villa thought they had signed a quality full back but it was Hutton dressed as Lahm

Am I the only one who thinks our LB position is actually weaker than our RB position?

Firstly we have no cover at LB with Garrido leaving and I also think that Whittaker is far more reliable than Olsson.

Olsson can be trusted in this league, he struggled this year but his game suits the PL. Whittaker''s on the other hand...I think he could struggle along with Martin who we certainly can''t have as our regular CB.

Jenkinson will probably go to a bigger team after having a great season at West Spam, however I suppose we could get a loan.