Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Predictions

Where does everyone think we''ll finish this season? Obviously pure guesswork before we know our sequence of fixtures and playing squad; purely for fun.

Personally, and I''m 100% confident of this, I don''t think relegation is a danger at all. Think it might be comfortable for us. There''s a few basket-case teams in a lot more danger than us. I think anywhere between 10th and 14th, so I''ll choose 12th as the middle ground.

I have the same excited optimism as I did after our last promotion. A lot of confidence in Alex Neil and the squad, as I had with Paul Lambert and co.

Tbh, when I see Sunderland with a £50m kitty and people like WBA closing in on Gignac, i''d take 17th. I''m confident we can survive but I''m not going to get carried away and think it will be easy.

New starters at RB, RCB and CF and we''ve a fighting chance of 17th (above Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth). Unfortunately, the likes of West Brom, Palace etc are mini-leagues in front of us now. The only other potential team in the relegation mix is Villa if they fail to adequately replace Benteke.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]New starters at RB, RCB and CF and we''ve a fighting chance of 17th (above Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth). Unfortunately, the likes of West Brom, Palace etc are mini-leagues in front of us now. The only other potential team in the relegation mix is Villa if they fail to adequately replace Benteke.[/quote]Thats the spirit Highland, positive as ever[Y]

I overlooked Leicester in the list of teams which might struggle. Hopefully, the board have also learnt lessons over their inaction in respect of Hughton''s tenure and the failure to strengthen in the January of our relegation season.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]New starters at RB, RCB and CF and we''ve a fighting chance of 17th....[/quote]That would be a disaster for you Highland, you''d have to cancel your relegation party.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Highland Canary"]New starters at RB, RCB and CF and we''ve a fighting chance of 17th (above Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth). Unfortunately, the likes of West Brom, Palace etc are mini-leagues in front of us now. The only other potential team in the relegation mix is Villa if they fail to adequately replace Benteke.[/quote]Thats the spirit Highland, positive as ever[Y][/quote]
Depends, it could well be optimistic on his part, he didn''t say who the new starters are yet! If its Otsemobor, Gary Doherty and Peter Thorne....

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Highland Canary"]New starters at RB, RCB and CF and we''ve a fighting chance of 17th (above Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth). Unfortunately, the likes of West Brom, Palace etc are mini-leagues in front of us now. The only other potential team in the relegation mix is Villa if they fail to adequately replace Benteke.[/quote]Thats the spirit Highland, positive as ever[Y][/quote]
Depends, it could well be optimistic on his part, he didn''t say who the new starters are yet! If its Otsemobor, Gary Doherty and Peter Thorne....
[/quote]Woooah, back off on the Doherty....[;)]

I predict 13th.Going back up to the Prem with a squad almost good enough is a helluva start.Throw in what could be one of the brightest managerial prospects in British football, a shrewd CEO and zero debt, then I am confident that its going to be a good season.

I am more optimistic about us surviving with some comfort this time around than I was at any time approaching our last three seasons in the PL.

I suppose a degree of confidence was instilled by the signings of  RVW, Fer and Hooper, Redmond, etc. but the difference is that we are more familiar with the players that we have now, their strengths and their variations. I also feel that the squad has much more quality in depth than ever before.

I remain adamant that our last relegation had an element  of the self-destruct about it with our decision to approach the last six (difficult) games with a rookie in charge. The fact that this squad is stronger than that bunch of near survivors adds to my optimism.

We have a much better manager, than the last two at least.

We also have prospective new signings to add to the equation.

I, like others, feel that there are quite a few teams that are either weaker than us or in a bad place of their own volition, and I include Bournemouth and Watford, along with Sunderland, Villa, Leicester,  Newcastle and possibly Palace. There could also be a surprise club competing at the rear end of the league as well. Stoke? WBA? West Ham? anybody.

In sum, I feel that we are more likely to surprise than to bomb, but would be content with any placing between 12 and 17. A flying start would be useful.

My money is on West Aaam being that surprise team and I think it would serve them right after giving Big Sam the boot.

[quote user="Jarders"]My money is on West Aaam being that surprise team and I think it would serve them right after giving Big Sam the boot.[/quote]

Depends how they handle the psychology of moving to the Olympic Stadium - it could be a fantastic motivator or it could sink them...

I agree with what seems will be the majority, in that I''m more confident than last time - we have an almost PL quality squad already and with some strengthening we wouldn''t be out of place in the mid-range teams who we''ve only lost one season on, after all; finishing among the likes of Leicester, Palace, Newcastle, WBA and Sunderland should be our target.

I do think that West Ham and Saints may both struggle if they do anything at all in Europe - it has cost several sides in their final placing in recent seasons, including sides who can''t afford to lose those placings. Bournemouth and Watford, IMO, will also find the transition a lot harder than us.

Next season will be the usual hard struggle to maintain Premier status. Anyone expecting it to be a comfortable ride is merely deluding themselves.The only prediction I will make is that we will lose more games than we win but hopefully we will win enough to finish 17th or above.

Reckon we''ll finish 10th, an optimistic one I know, but genuinely confident that we''ll do well under AN in the prem!

My 3 to go down are Watford, Aston Villa and Newcastle

I think we can take a good amount of momentum into next season from the play Off final. I think we will struggle against the very best but survive and probably finish mid-table

The refs will be completely biased against us like they were last time. The prem refs are pure prima donnas just out to make the game all about them. Not looking forward to that.

It''s obvious I know, but with 12 weeks until the transfer window closes and the fixtures yet to be published, I would be happy with 17th.

Once we know the fixtures and the likely composition of our own and other sides it would be nice to think we could expect to finish higher.

as things stand i feel we have a better squad than the one which got relegated. That relegation still irritates as it should not have happened if we had not deployed such negative tactics. Therein is much optimism as that squad finished mid table or thereabouts twice. With a shrewd manager once again in charge and with 3 or 4 decent signings 14th or thereabouts is very realistic imo

I think it is hard to say at this very moment on where we would finish i know we have a better squad than when we got relegated and delighted with our manager, he makes sense and sets up the team in a good way and there does seem to be a unity about the team which is very important but as others have mentioned teams like Sunderland have a large transfer kitty and everyone will try and dig up the new gem, the problem is are there the gems out there which Norwich will go for because we have had our fingers burnt over RVW,  are we likely to spend money on the more quality players out there which are avaliable and will they want to come to Norwich.

I would take 17th right now but hope we can do better than that, I am also hoping that we sign players that wets the appitite that i will be excited to see, the players that we have been linked with dont tend to fill me with confidence,  every signing that we make should be good enough to go straight into the first team and not just another squad player we have squd players already and need to move forward.  

We''ll take an incredible, flying start, and will sit on 6th around Christmas, when we''ll lose Alex Neil to Liverpool after their manager being sacked due to their below par performance. Neil Adams then will be appointed as caretaker manager, under whom we''ll lose ten games in a row, but then we''ll regroup and stabilise our position at low mid-table, finishing 15th.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]We''ll take an incredible, flying start, and will sit on 6th around Christmas, when we''ll lose Alex Neil to Liverpool after their manager being sacked due to their below par performance. Neil Adams then will be appointed as caretaker manager, under whom we''ll lose ten games in a row, but then we''ll regroup and stabilise our position at low mid-table, finishing 15th.[/quote][:D]