Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

John Guidetti

Another link to an unproven striker at our level, but at least prolific in Dutch top league, young and would be just a signing on fee I believe not 5 million plus like the other.

Wouldn''t be too disappointed with this but still hope a really good signing, a key player!

Think we need a bigger name to be honest. If Hooper leaves though, he''s a suitable replacement. Same with RVW.

We''ve been linked with him many a time. Does he have the same agent as Carl Cort?

No thanks,especially how he went down a bit easy at Carrow Road a couple of seasons ago,can''t remember who he was playing for but they were Crap !!

He was right about one thing though:

John Guidetti: "I had to leave Celtic because goals scored in Scotland don''t matter"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-guidetti-leave-celtic-because-5827944

I wonder if Dundee is reading?

He was a sick note, he had a virus which lasted a really long time, I think he''s over it now though.

Although he''s young, I''m no longer sure he''s what we need. Celtic fans don''t think he''s anything special so I''m sure we can get someone better than him.

I see we are being linked with every footballer in the world again.

Per usual standards. Now need Jordan Rhodes and mackail-smith for the full house.

I''ve got a good feeling about this one - not ecstatic, but the sort of excitement one garners from getting dumplings in a casserole in a four star restaurant.

This guy is some way behind Elmander in the pecking order for Sweden, says it all doesn´t it?Big ego, probably thinks he should be a regular for Man City... He acctually had a contract offer from Feeyenoord, but didn´t accept it because he thought he deserved a huge signing on fee, just because he didn´t command a transfer fee. The sums quoted in Swedish media were about £1 million if I remember correct.I would never ever want to see Guidetti anywhere near a Norwich jersey....

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Injury Prone and little better than Hooper[/quote]I don''t know about the ability comparison with Hooper but isn''t Guidetti a very different kind of player, ie a target-man? As things stand one of the gaps in the squad seems to be someone able to play as a lone striker.

guidetti was useless at Celtic if goals in Scotland don''t matter .that''s his excuse for not scoring 8 goals at the start of the season then flopped ..the guy is c.rap ...van dijk on the other hand would be a class addition not much gets past him solid.

If Guidetti is this big time Charlie as people are seeming to suggest then Alex Neil will be aware of that and if there''s anybody out there I trust to reign in any big ego''s then it''s Alex Neil!

The thing is, are we really going to be able to attract a "Proven Premiership Striker" as has been mooted?

You look at the likes of that Danny Ings deal. 10 goals or so and he gets a move to Liverpool on £100k a week.

I think we might be stuck signing either players who have done well abroad or players who have done alright in the premiership like Jerome or well in the lower leagues like Grabban.

Guidetti wouldn''t be the worst signing but I can''t help but think he might not be any better than we already have. Tony Andreu scored only three less than him at a worse team playing a deeper role and only being there half a season and he''s hardly set the world alight for us.

Van Dijk on the other hand does look useful. I''m sure most of the premiership teams will think the same as well but there''s no harm in trying to get him. He''d be ideal to play 1st choice CB and then cover at full back.