Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Linked with Adomah

I knew we were missing one player from the regular links.

I think that''s 5 summers in a row we''ve been linked with him.

I just need Jimmy Kebe now for a full house.

plenty of names coming forward now - saw a link to lucas Piazon from chelsea yesterday.

If going to chelsea I would quite fancy trying for Marco Van Ginkel

MvG again! I''m assuming he''ll pitch up back at Milan.

Adomah would be a great shout. He''s comfortable down the left as well.

While you mention Chelsea, I wonder if they''d be kind enough to lend us Cuadrado for a few months? Outrageous I know but it''s worth an enquiry at least. He could rip it up with us for half a season and get the PL exp he needs then go back to them fresh and firing.

If we lose Redmond then Adomah would be a good replacement. If Redmond stays, though, I don''t like the idea of shifting him to the left again – we''ve seen this season that his shooting hasn''t improved, and I think he''s much more useful beating his man down the right and getting crosses/cutbacks into the box than cutting inside and scuffing shots wide of the near post/blazing them across goal into the stands.I haven''t seen Adomah play on the left, but I''m guessing he may be a similar enigma – besides which, I can''t see AN playing two out-and-out wingers much in the PL.

Piazon would be amazing.

Not convinced by Adomah, think he choses the wrong option too frequently.

I''d have Leadbitter all day long though.

They loaned Atsu to Everton (a top 8-10 team), they aren''t going to loan Cuadrado to Norwich (a ''likely to be'' bottom-half of the table team). How they can spend over 25 million on a substitute winger is beyond me though... we can dream hey.

I think Norwich, a newly promoted team let''s not forget will be looking at talented players from the lower leagues and less fancied players from abroad. Maybe players like Leroy Fer who wanted to prove a point but had doubts hanging over them (Failed move to Everton).

I think we should looking at pacey players who would like to or have a point to prove in the Premier League. Gray from Birmingham and Gayle from Palace would be two players i''d be after - would cost the best part of 15 million to get them though. Plus they are English players with great potential.

Lewis, they also just loaned Atsu to Bournemouth. Not saying it''s probably too ambitious a target but the Atsu logic is flawed.

I do hope we can compete for some of the top loans this season. Remember when Bolton had Sturridge and then Wilshere? We can''t buy that sort of quality but on loan perhaps we could get similarly promising players, real match winners.

As for Adomah and indecision, it wasn''t long ago that Nathan Redmond didn''t know his left from right and he''s suddenly burst into life. Adomah would be a shrewd purchase and one that can operate solidly down either flank.

The guys quality, big strong pacey direct - exactly what we will need in the Prem - go for him £3/5M, must have a transfer fee budget of £20M and wages budget of a similar amount (over and above existing squad committments)

More if we can shift some of the dead wood we have in the squad

I''d also like to see Adomah here, looked a handful whenever iv''e seen him play (minus the play-off final) and has bags of pace.

Another one to consider would be Moses Odubajo from Brentford. He can play either right back or on the wing and by all accounts has had a good debut season. At 21 he''s only going to improve.

I''m with you on Odubajo, I mentioned him in another thread when people were discussing the right back slot.

I also agree, Adomah would be a good addition to the team, as you said, in the play off final he didn''t get a sniff but some of the highlights I saw last year re Boro, he created and scored goals and would do well in Premier League.

Both Adomah and Odubajo would be good additions. What about Michail Antonio from Nottingham Forest? Strong, pacey winger with an eye for goal too?