Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Virgil Van Dijk

Apparently we are linked to this Celtic defender as are Sunderland and maybe Southampton. Another scottish based player hmmmmm. I''d say the defense is the area we should be looking to bulk up first.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Van Wolfswinkel and now Van Dijk. I wonder if we could sign a Van Peniss or a Van Gina to complete the set.[/quote]Bor I''ll scout for a Van Gina you look for Van Peniss as he''s more likely to plug the gaps in defense.

I have been suggesting Van Dijk for ages, he is one of the truly decent players in a average Celtic team.He can play at CB, but has been known to play either FB. He also takes a decent direct free kick, something which we need to strengthen in. He has been in the SPFL team of the season twice in a row now, its only a matter of time before he moves to something better.  Age is on his side too, he is only 23 years old.

I think he could cut it in the premier league for us, it would be a good signing for the right price.[H]

Seems highly rated but I don''t watch enough Scottish football to judge. However I do wish people would stop randomly writing off players due to the league they come from or a previous bad experience Norwich have had.

He''d be an excellent addition for us. Looked strong alongside Denyar - who was on loan from City and is expected to play for them in 2015/16 - when I watched them a couple of times last season.

Highly touted but suspect the lure of soton and Europa league could win out. Better than most suggestions so far

[quote user="CanaryfromtheStates"]How accurate is this? I''d love to have him but I haven''t heard anything about this deal.[/quote]I got it from the backpage of the Sunday Post. A newspaper up here in Scotland. To be honest you google him he seems linked to a lot of teams like a lot of noise is being made regards him. Sunderland at the moment seem to be gearing up for it.