Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Alex Neil back at work today...

firststeps wrote the following post at 09/06/2015 8:22 AM:

Let''s hope he treats himself to a nice shiny new player ;-)

There''s something about that remark which doesn''t feel quite right first steps!😄

[quote user="Bradley Johnsons left foot"]Lets hope the club bought him a cake...[/quote]Or we could all stop making stupid jokes about Yaya Toure and Man City when they have no relevance to NCFC...

[quote user="firststeps"]hope you had a great holiday Alex, let the fun begin!?[/quote]

If it''s his first day back he''ll probably spend most of it deleting emails.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="Bradley Johnsons left foot"]Lets hope the club bought him a cake...[/quote]Or we could all stop making stupid jokes about Yaya Toure and Man City when they have no relevance to NCFC...[/quote]

Awh, I''m guessing it''s your birthday today and nobody bought you a cake. Chin up!

Above was supposed to say;

If it''s his first day back he''ll probably spend most of it deleting emails. then 2nd job will be reading this forum to see what mood is !!

Don''t forget he''ll be looking here to source players as well. He probably wasn''t aware of who John Guidetti or Fabio Quagliarella were until he looked on here.

As if he has come back to work on his birthday as well, that just sums up the guy really!

How much of a say does he have in transfers anyway?

We have this footballing board who supposedly do the deals but I can imagine each deal must be approved by AN before it''s finalised. I wouldn''t want us signing players without the managers permission unless Messi becomes available on deadline day for free!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]firststeps wrote the following post at 09/06/2015 8:22 AM:

Let''s hope he treats himself to a nice shiny new player ;-)

There''s something about that remark which doesn''t feel quite right first steps!😄[/quote]

Ha ha, nothing sinister Mr Jenkins, but see where you''re coming from 😳

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Don''t forget he''ll be looking here to source players as well. He probably wasn''t aware of who John Guidetti or Fabio Quagliarella were until he looked on here.

As if he has come back to work on his birthday as well, that just sums up the guy really!

How much of a say does he have in transfers anyway?

We have this footballing board who supposedly do the deals but I can imagine each deal must be approved by AN before it''s finalised. I wouldn''t want us signing players without the managers permission unless Messi becomes available on deadline day for free![/quote]

I''d be surprised if we try to sign anyone who hasn''t been approved by AN. I suspect the footballing board will be one of those things that was brought in under a previous manager and will now quietly get shelved. Obviously the Board will ultimately control the amount we can spend on transfers but I expect that''ll be about it in reality.

After Barry Simmonds left the club I don''t believe we actually have a "Head of Recruitment", so Alex Neil will definitely be calling all the shots.I think the footballing board was brought about from Hughton trying to do too much, at the expense of the first team, based on the specific examples McNally gave.

''It''s Character Forming''  ~ "As if he has come back to work on his birthday as well, that just sums up the guy really!"Really? [:|][:)]