Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Hooper rumours

Looks like he won''t be here next season, first Bolton and today Huddersfield linked to taking him on loan.

Would think a better promotion candidate team would be linked yet.

If he joins Huddersfield then i will eat this phone im writing this on..Maybe reunited with Lennon, maybe back to Celtic, maybe another prem side, maybe a decent champ side Hull. QPR etc but Huddersfield, not a chance.

Why loan him, if he is considered not good enough sell him and use the money, if he is good enough keep him in the squad.

[quote user="Cohiba"]Why loan him, if he is considered not good enough sell him and use the money, if he is good enough keep him in the squad.[/quote]

Exactly. A loan will cover his wages and there may even be a small fee involved.

Half a dozen goals in the PL, when coming on late in games could be worth a fortune.

Probably wants first team football but won''t be ahead of Grabban or Jerome so a move makes sense.

Championship seems his level, he''s not good enough for the PL.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 07/06/2015 4:36 PM:

Probably wants first team football but won''t be ahead of Grabban or Jerome so a move makes sense.

Championship seems his level, he''s not good enough for the PL.

No Chopsy, can''t see that. Being number 3 which he undoubtedly is, just means he may have to bide his time, as a number 3 he will get his chances and a couple of goals and he''s number 1.

"Not good enough for Premier League" probably is.

I like Hooper, but I think he often gets over rated.

If he was amazing, he would not have had two managers pick both Grabban and Jerome ahead of him. He played a fair amount last season, but I''m yet to be convinced that he is really premier league material.

He has guile and the ability to finish, but he hasn''t got the strength or pace that Grabban and Jerome offer. Plus if we are looking to bring players in - and I would want a more proven striker, then he would be fourth choice. I suspect that he may have been told this.

If these rumours are true of course.

The question is, is Guidetti any better than Hoops.

Posted in a separate thread, Hooper has a far far better goals per mins played ratio, than Grabban, Jerome or Johnson this season.

People may think he''s lazy, or drifts in and out of games, he does what a strikers supposed to do, and gets goals.

People also say he was poor in the Premiership. So was every other NCFC player that season, and yet he netted 8 goals ina really poor season. I''d like him to stay,and get more game time, cuz he''s a natural goal poacher and convinced he''d get more goals if he played more!

If Hooper ends up at Bolton with Lennon I reckon Highland will probably sponaneously combust!

Or start supporting Bolton........

Either way, lets make sure we get the right players/replacements in "before" we sell Hoops!

Yes, Hooper can score goals as he has proven in the past but does his game really suit the system that AN prefers and plays?

That is the main question.

Personally I think he could do well in the Premiership .......... but not with us and the way AN likes to play the game.

Get in a replacement and cash in!

Jerome has had enough chances in the top flight and never really made an impact , Grabban imo never really proved himself at Champs level so if we are getting rid of Hooper we better have at least two decent strikers lined up because we will need them .

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 07/06/2015 6:02 PM:

Jerome has had enough chances in the top flight and never really made an impact , Grabban imo never really proved himself at Champs level so if we are getting rid of Hooper we better have at least two decent strikers lined up because we will need them .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the Jerome before AN got to work on him. If you cannot see the difference the manager has made to this player since he has been a the club then you are seriously missing something.

Compare Jerome against Brentford just after AN arrived when he seemed to be going through the motions, unable even to be bothered to get back onside to the final when he was truly outstanding.

The Jerome we have now is not the below average Jerome who has played in the Premiership previously.

I don''t think Hooper has proved himself in the PL at all. Because RvW was awful he got a lot of game time but hardly grabbed the opportunity to impress.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 07/06/2015 6:22 PM:

I don''t think Hooper has proved himself in the PL at all. Because RvW was awful he got a lot of game time but hardly grabbed the opportunity to impress.

F.uck me Chopsy, seriously, are you trying to judge a striker by his performances under Hooton, come on be serious.

He was not good enough. He wasn''t first or second choice in the Championship. Therefore he will not be first or second choice in the PL. He can''t play a lone striker role effectively. He needs to move on.

And whilst we are talking about ancient Pink Un accounts, who did you used to be? Mister Chops hasn''t signed in or posted since 2013.

BBB talking nonsense ,,, Hooper managed to score playing for Hughton in the premier league , so we know he can do it , and with a less defence minded coach , likely to score a few more this time round .

Secondly ,, you have a short memory if you imagine we will play the same tactics and same team members once we begin the new season .

I have stated before that , Grabban will be way out of his depth in the prem. and that is when Hooper''s undoubted skill will be invaluable .

As for him going to a Championship team on loan ! What the F are you smoking ?

I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks AN has looked at Hooper and thought "yeah, he''s not my first choice in the Championship but if we get to the more challenging Premiership I will play him more."

He scored a few under Houghton, aye. But was he effective as a lone striker? No, I don''t believe so. AN currently and consistently prefers Grabban and Jerome and I don''t see that changing.

Hooper isn''t suddenly going to come good. He''s an average Championship striker.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks AN has looked at Hooper and thought "yeah, he''s not my first choice in the Championship but if we get to the more challenging Premiership I will play him more."

He scored a few under Houghton, aye. But was he effective as a lone striker? No, I don''t believe so. AN currently and consistently prefers Grabban and Jerome and I don''t see that changing.

Hooper isn''t suddenly going to come good. He''s an average Championship striker.[/quote]Hooper is the best goalscorer at the club , if we rely on Jerome and Grabban as our main strikers next season we will make a swift return to the Championship , not even sure Grabban cuts it at that level , he has pace but his finishing was below average.

BBB

Hooper isn''t suddenly going to come good. He''s an average Championship striker.

Average Championship striker, surely not!😳

It''s not just about scoring goals though. Hence AN preferring Grabban to Jerome, and Jerome to Hooper. Movement, pace, work rate, off the ball running, ability to hold it up, passing and crossing are all important too.

"Natural Goalscorer" sounds like a euphemism for "Goal Hanger" and we haven''t got space for those in the PL.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks AN has looked at Hooper and thought "yeah, he''s not my first choice in the Championship but if we get to the more challenging Premiership I will play him more."

Hooper isn''t suddenly going to come good. He''s an average Championship striker.[/quote]Hooper is the best goalscorer at the club , if we rely on Jerome and Grabban as our main strikers next season we will make a swift return to the Championship , not even sure Grabban cuts it at that level , he has pace but his finishing was below average. [/quote]Based on what? Minutes on pitch against goals scored?Where do you see Hooper fitting in then? Bearing in mind we will probably play a single striker.Impact sub?

I''m with Bor on this one - if AN didn''t particularly trust him to get us up, I don''t think he''ll trust him to help keep us there.

And I don''t think the move from Celtic has worked out as well as he, or we, hoped it might.

And he''s a bit of a fatso - not ideal if you''re required to do the lone striker role.

Hooper has had enough chances to prove himself, he will never be a force in the Premier league and has not inspired in the Championship. We need a lot better if we are to stay up so let hin go to the highest bidder.