Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Freebies!

Just looking through the Premier League''s ''released list'' – anything on there catch your eye?Glen Johnson would be a bit above our station I think, but Jonas might be a decent squad player? Also QPR''s list makes for amusing reading... [:)]Anyone know anything about any of the big clubs'' youngsters who have been released? Anyone worth a punt?

Oh and here''s the link, for anyone who can''t guess the URL. Didn''t forget to post it first time round, honest...http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/10/premier-league-released-players-lists-abou-diaby-glen-johnson?CMP=EMCFTBEML853

M Richards would be awesome but way out of our league I guess. Never could understand why a team like Liverpool has not come in for him.

Of the rest Mulumbu would be excellent, Miyachi may have something to prove and Karl Henry could also do a job as cover for Tettey.

Ben Amos is a good shout also.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Of that list... I would look at:

Ryo Miyaichi

Brede Hangeland

John Guidetti

and

Benjamin Amos[/quote]So long as you''re not responsible for player aquisitions then carry on looking.

I have it on good authority that if Delia was making the decisions around here, we would sell Redmond and bring in SWP as his replacement.

Thank God for McNally keeping us on the straight and narrow.

That released article tells two different stories. The players no one wants anymore, and those that have let their deals run down and will want decent wages and signing on fees.

Of the keepers released we could look to replace Bunn''s vacancy with some great back up keepers:

Sorensen (can''t believe they let his deal run down), Jaaskelainen, Friedel, Ben Amos and Alnwick I know little about.

Of the rest some players I obviously rated have gone down hill in their playing ability. I thoiught Hangeland was used a lot by Palace last season next to Dann in defence.

Vlaar, Distin (was class at a time), Figueroa, Sagbo? (I thought he was handy, and they only bought him 2 seasons a go), Johnson, Richards, Adam Campbell (if FIFA was real life), Palacios (is he no good any more?), McAuley (always scores for us.. haha), Mulumbu.

There are some good players there, I admit that not all are in our price range for wages, and some have maybe gone past their best. It just goes to show you how quickly a quality player can become surplus. There is definitely a few in there that would improve us within our price range though!

^ Same for me. As Vlaar was being mentioned with Man Utd at some point last season I would imagine that''s a non starter. Mulumbu is in the Dorrans mould, in that he is a proven, experienced Premiership player who is still at a good age. Pretty much all the others on that list really are has beens.

Shame diaby is made out of glass I think he looked one of the best midfielders in the premier league at rare times when fit.

Imagine a pay as you play deal is the only option for clubs interested in him. Wouldn''t mind a punt in that respect.

Mulumbu still the stand out for me, him and tettey would be incredible in centre of park!

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Shame diaby is made out of glass I think he looked one of the best midfielders in the premier league at rare times when fit.

Imagine a pay as you play deal is the only option for clubs interested in him. Wouldn''t mind a punt in that respect.

Mulumbu still the stand out for me, him and tettey would be incredible in centre of park![/quote]Already made a thread about Diaby on his own GWOT as I think he''s an outstanding player, but those injuries pose such a potential gamble.Mulumbu would be an excellent option to compete with Tettey as well.

Only Mulumbu I think.

I would take a brief look at Glen Johnson, but I think the legs have gone unfortunately. Pace was the biggest part of his game.

And Jonas, no thanks. Terrible what happened to the guy and I really feel for him, but lets face it - he''s crud.

[quote user="Nicko"]Only Mulumbu I think.

I would take a brief look at Glen Johnson, but I think the legs have gone unfortunately. Pace was the biggest part of his game.

And Jonas, no thanks. Terrible what happened to the guy and I really feel for him, but lets face it - he''s crud.[/quote]Gutierrez crud?! 22 caps for Argentina, can play full-back, wide midfield and holding/central midfield, bags of stamina, technically decent, fully recovered from his testicular cancer and still only 31 – would be an outstanding squad player in my opinion.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Nicko"]Only Mulumbu I think.

And Jonas, no thanks. Terrible what happened to the guy and I really feel for him, but lets face it - he''s crud.[/quote]Gutierrez crud?! 22 caps for Argentina, can play full-back, wide midfield and holding/central midfield, bags of stamina, technically decent, fully recovered from his testicular cancer and still only 31 – would be an outstanding squad player in my opinion.[/quote]It depends very much on how Alex Neil sees us setting up next season.If he had a specific use for Gutierrez then fine, but I don''t think we should be looking to just pack out the squad. I would rather see specific players, bought for specific roles, that have a genuine high chance of starting games.I know we need a squad, but I would rather see quality over quantity, could I see Jonas starting, say, 20 games for us in the Premiership? No.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Nicko"]Only Mulumbu I think.

And Jonas, no thanks. Terrible what happened to the guy and I really feel for him, but lets face it - he''s crud.[/quote]Gutierrez crud?! 22 caps for Argentina, can play full-back, wide midfield and holding/central midfield, bags of stamina, technically decent, fully recovered from his testicular cancer and still only 31 – would be an outstanding squad player in my opinion.[/quote]

How good was he last season when he played for us?

Jonas comes across as a very willing player, but that doesn''t necessarily mean he''s any better than what we have now.  For the period we had him I didn''t think we MUST sign this man, more he''s OK, but only OK. 

The mirror have also put a list of freebies up, these are more European and most are probably out of our league, but there''s a few on there which could be possible!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/free-agents-top-50-players-5860583

The Premier League list is a little deceptive - many of the players on the ''released'' list actually have contracts until June 30th and are currently in talks with their clubs about remaining.

This list is just a notification of those who haven''t agreed terms with anyone beyond July 1st and are free to negotiate terms with anyone.

Vlaar and it turns out Diaby are still in talks with their respective clubs for new deals.

[quote user="MmmmGravy"]The mirror have also put a list of freebies up, these are more European and most are probably out of our league, but there''s a few on there which could be possible!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/free-agents-top-50-players-5860583[/quote]

Good find Gravy.

Ranocchia has been on our radar before. He''d be a great buy! Not sure if he''d be out of our league though.

Roman Shishkin looks reasonable at right back but I don''t know if we''ll venture into the Russian market

Sako would be nice and provide a left sided wing option that we need

Past them two i''m not sure on the rest or think they are unrealistic.

Indeed, Ranocchia is out of our league as he''d be on huge wages, but it certainly is the type of signing we need in that CB position

Ranocchia won''t have been on wages that Norwich couldn''t match now, Inter have been skint for a while and no one there was on much money, until the new owner turned up last summer.

Could certainly match what other clubs would be prepared to offer him - whilst he was tipped for big things a few years ago he never really pushed on and Inter didn''t feel he was worth offering a new deal. I expect he''ll end up at a smaller Italian team somewhere.

Marcell Jansen and Carlos Zambrano would be great additions. Belfodil and Ameobi (Sammy before anyone says anything) would also be worth a shot.