Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The binners and their "history".

I think from now on in, "binners history" should be shortened to "binstory". And while we''re about shortening things, we should reduce binstory talk also, by about 99% I reckon. [:)]

so basically they won the 20th century

we have already won the 21st, after just 15 years!

Their latest straw clutching is clinging to the memories of the Tommy Smith goal

Bless them thinking that Ruddy shoulld have been sent off (never in a month of Sundays) the fact that they shut us up for what, five minutes in five years? (Even when they did score, I said to my mate that, no problem, stay calm, we''d sort it )

I guess, you''ve got nothing if you haven''t got your dreams

At the end of the day they have won 3 trophies to our 2. They will say that the league cup isn''t a major trophy but it was when we won it.The FA cup has always been the more prestigous but the league cup was not far behind when all the top teams actually played a full strength team from the early rounds.The UEFA cup as it was when they won it has now become a second rate competition but rather conveniently they ignore that while dismissing the league cup we won as a mickey mouse cup.If their defender hadn''t cheated by handling on the line they wouldn''t have been down to 10 men but we would have still been in front and we started the second half far better than them so I''d still have backed us to go on and win.Suddenly their fans are the best in the land but I can remember hearing them sing twice in the second leg of the semi final and that wasn''t even very loud.We''ll never be them and why the hell would we want to be.

In all fairness kd, the League Cup was far from being a major trophy the first time we won it. The second time it most surely was.

The UEFA cup was always second to the European Cup, by a mile. It was seen as a bit of a consolation prize for the also rans, as it''s equivalent today is and indeed when we were in Europe.

I may be wrong, but didn''t they qualify for Europe that season through winning the Fair Play League? Also, how many times were we denied by the Liverpool embargo?

Just been announced that they will be seeded for the first round of the Capital One Cup, an historic list that also includes Chesterfield and Fleetwood Town.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]This is the funniest thing ever. Isn''t this up at Portaloo somewhere? [/quote]

Even three of the four faces on Mount Binmore seem to find the caption hilarious.

They can bang on about being the "pride of Anglia" all they like.

I''d like to think our ambitions are a little less insular than that, bless them and their "local club for local people" ways.