Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Newcastle appoint wally with the brolly!

They were running through his managerial career on SSN and it really isn''t that brilliant.He has managed to perfect the art, along with Mark Hughes and Roy Keane, of somehow hypnotising everyone into thinking he''s any good.

But he knows how important the football club is to the city and the supporters, cringeworthy for sure, still one clubs gain is everyone else''s 3 points, won''t last the season imo.

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]How do you think his interview went? explaining away his failures and his limited tactics[/quote]To be fair he has done well getting the job on the back of being sacked for not getting a Championship club promoted!

I was at Wembley, the last ever international underneath the twin towers against the old enemy (Germans), it was a sorry state of affairs, and as the rain fell the blooming idiot just stood there under his brolly without a Plan B, I struggle to even remember a Plan A. The bloke is a clown and always will be.

With him at Newcastles tactical helm next season, I believe we have a real chance against them.

Yes, hardly an inspiring Manager but when you look at who he''s succeeding:
- John "Im the best coach in the PL, p.s dont mention my 1 win in 12 stat, thats because all my players keep trying to get themselves sent off" Carver
closely followed by
- Alan "I''d just like to rule myself out of the England job even though absolutely no one has shown any desire or interest in interviewing me for the position. p.s I still stick by my original statement that even though it was clear to the entire footballing world, I promise I thought the transfer of Tevez to West Ham was completely legit" Pardew.
I like the Geordie fans, they seem to care a bit about their club but I also like seeing other clubs bigger than us fail. So y''know, hopefully they get relegated.

they will be a bottom half club because of their transfer policy in the past few years and their owners mentalityno genuine ambition, just raking in the cash, which is (not that much of) a shame given the size of the clubtheyve not actually got any players other than tim krul id really be interested in city signing

That''s them relegated, only two more, can''t see Watford surviving plus I don''t see Bouremouth''s defence keeping many clean sheets. That is my three, any thoughts ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]That''s them relegated, only two more, can''t see Watford surviving plus I don''t see Bouremouth''s defence keeping many clean sheets. That is my three, any thoughts ?[/quote]

Newcastle could be one.  Bournemouth''s success depends on whether they can keep the free flowing football going.  If they go into, or are forced into their shell, they will struggle.  Same with us really - we have to carry on like we have in the latter part of this season or we will struggle.  Watford I think may be ok.   Sunderland/Villa will still struggle next season imo.

I know he isn''t very popular in Englnad but saying ''thats them relegated'' is just stupid in my opinion.

He''s never been relegated in his whole managerial career and people forget before he took over Derby were a midtable side under Nigel Clough. The collapse last season was spectacular and he made a right hash of the England job but he also won the League Cup with Middlesbrough, got them to a UEFA Cup final and won the Dutch League with FC Twente. By any standards that is some pretty impressive stuff.

choosing a manager who declined your advances because he thought derby were the better option only for them to ditch you for msr clement and for him to then turn tail and thank you newcastle - yuo were always my first choice?!?

priceless

[quote user="morty"]They were running through his managerial career on SSN and it really isn''t that brilliant.

He has managed to perfect the art, along with Mark Hughes and Roy Keane, of somehow hypnotising everyone into thinking he''s any good.
[/quote]

Mark Hughes is good. He hasn''t fooled anyone.

He''s taken Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke to top half finishes in the Premier League.

Agree with king canary, when you look at his record in detail it is impressive, BUT I would suggest the club he is now at is a poisoned chalice for anyone and he is being very brave to take the job on.

Most of the top Manager''s will have a failure during their career, just look at Paul Lambert at Villa, made a right hash of it.......but I suspect he will come back and reverse that at another club.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]They were running through his managerial career on SSN and it really isn''t that brilliant.He has managed to perfect the art, along with Mark Hughes and Roy Keane, of somehow hypnotising everyone into thinking he''s any good.[/quote]

Mark Hughes is good. He hasn''t fooled anyone.

He''s taken Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke to top half finishes in the Premier League.

[/quote]Yeah maybe slightly harsh on Hughes.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Agree with king canary, when you look at his record in detail it is impressive, BUT I would suggest the club he is now at is a poisoned chalice for anyone and he is being very brave to take the job on.

Most of the top Manager''s will have a failure during their career, just look at Paul Lambert at Villa, made a right hash of it.......but I suspect he will come back and reverse that at another club.[/quote]And if you look at Paul Lamberts recent CV, its actually a lot better than Maclarens.

[quote user="Herman "]Top by Christmas. Relegated by Easter[:D][/quote]

I said the same thing earlier!!! oh wouldn''t it be funny!

"And if you look at Paul Lamberts recent CV, its actually a lot better than Maclarens."

I would fear a Newcastle team managed by Paul Lambert than Steve McClaren.

I view this as good news for all the clubs likely to be slugging it out in the bottom half of the league next season as it insures the Toon will be amongst them, once again.

He has, or had, a decent coaching pedigree, but his charisma levels are so low that a dead parrot would shine in the same room.

Abysmal as England manager, IMO, whereby he just came and then departed with hardly a ripple.

His biggest claim to fame at Blackburn was probably the very first example of the league title being bought. I did like Jack Walker though.

Sorry Schteve, fluent in Dutch or not, you''ll need to go some to win over the Toon Army.

I thought the last ever twin towers game was a Kevin Keegan one- wasn''t it that game against Germany when he came out after we lost 1-0 and said he wasn''t up to it? Maybe my memory is playing tricks.

I don''t know about McLaren at Twente, but at M''Boro his one tactic was to lump in loads of forwards when things were looking grim and he got lucky a few times, especially in the UEFA cup.

We seemed to cope pretty well with his Derby team last/this season and I think his charisma levels are so low that tackling the egos at Ncl will be a huge challenge.

I reckon they''ll be scrapping around again, maybe have a nice little start, but that appointment doesn''t worry me in the sense that it elevates them out of our mini-league. My gut feel is that they''ll therefore scrape along with just enough scratchy wins to keep him in a job (a bit like Hughton with us) but hovering in the bottom third.