Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Scouting thoughts on guides

I don''t know who they are but I''ve been on one of the tours, if you want to go contacting the clubs would be the right call.

They start with some musical accompaniment as you look at the area between the pitch and the stands and I have to say that the track record was fantastic.

Any question put to them during the tour is correctly answered, they never got one wrong.

The only minor issue is that they make you fill in a questionnaire at the end but after the tour they give you I can confirm that the reports were excellent.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I don''t know who they are but I''ve been on one of the tours, if you want to go contacting the clubs would be the right call.

They start with some musical accompaniment as you look at the area between the pitch and the stands and I have to say that the track record was fantastic.

Any question put to them during the tour is correctly answered, they never got one wrong.

The only minor issue is that they make you fill in a questionnaire at the end but after the tour they give you I can confirm that the reports were excellent.

[/quote]

lol [Y]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I don''t know who they are but I''ve been on one of the tours, if you want to go contacting the clubs would be the right call.[/quote]I fully understand you can''t name names TCC but............did they mention stadium expansion?.....or show you some peppercorns?[H]

Girl Guides are fine in a small rural location, but in towns and cities, Guides are a hazard - a danger to themselves and others. Devoid of any sense in quite a lot of cases, they should be made to pass an official Brownies test before being allowed to guide.

Specific faults/dangers -

Pointing the wrong way when asked directions

Being unable to erect a tent, leading to danger of exposure

Not wearing matching uniforms, undermining the Girl Guide brand

Holding hands when walking to do good somewhere thus blocking the pavement and raising the risk of collision or pedestrian congestion

Pricking their fingers when sewing on badges, which can spread hepatitis and other diseases

Wearing silly uniforms

Encouraging paedophilic tendencies

I know there are some decent Guide troops out there (there must be, by the law of averages) but they are outnumbered by the sheer planks that do good without a thought for their own safety and that of other citizens. Scouts are a hazard too, but unlicenced Girl Guide groups are something that should be dealt with by more regulation. Make them pay for lessons and a test - if they can afford all the fancy gear, they can afford a little towards becoming less public spirited, for themselves and others.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Debbie Harry and Belinda Carlisle pillow fighting in nighties.[/quote]How they looked in their prime, or now?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Debbie Harry and Belinda Carlisle pillow fighting in nighties.[/quote]How they looked in their prime, or now?[/quote]

Bit too wrinkly for me

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Debbie Harry and Belinda Carlisle pillow fighting in nighties.[/quote]How they looked in their prime, or now?[/quote]

Bit too wrinkly for me[/quote]Belinda Carlisle maybe. You would have to have the lights turned down really low for Harry though.

blimey - Debbie harry turns 70 this year and Belinda must be in her 50s?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]blimey - Debbie harry turns 70 this year and Belinda must be in her 50s?[/quote]She is 56, and on googling, she would definitely have to have make up on.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Lights definitely off for Debbie Harry, how about Lulu ?[/quote]She looks good for her age.Lights dimmed though.

Not that you''d know this, but Belinda Carlisle wrote "Heaven is a Place on Earth" after spending a night with me in a Butlins chalet in Minehead.

Debbie Harry and Belinda Carlisle are sooooooooooo yesteryear. Now this is more like it Bor and Morty................

Nicole Scherzinger''s photo.

And just to add Lewis Hamilton must want his brains examined !