Sign in to follow this  
SeniorCanary

Do we have a new signing in Vadis?

I am anticipating this.

His injuries didn''t hamper the cause as we are going up. He starts with a clean sheet in the PL.

I really hope he becomes an important player next season. Not seen enough of him in a Norwich shirt so far to pass judgement. Maybe an injury free pre-season could be the perfect base for him to kick on next season.

I know you can''t read too much into it but from the various YouTube clips I have seen of him he looks to have the potential to be a real handful. Strong, quick and a powerful shot.

Having said that, the fact that i''m judging him on YouTube clips after we''ve had him for a season is not a good sign..

He did also say though Bethnal that he wouldn''t be used, along with the likes of Ryan Bennet because they''d been out injured for most of the season and it''s difficult to just throw them in simply to give them a game at such an important part of the season when their not up to speed.

VOO may go, but I doubt it will be because he''s a bad player, more that we''ve got a lot of midfielders (especially with O''Neil saying that he''s staying) and AN wants to bring in his own. (imo)

I watched VOO a number of times in the U21''s and he has something about him, very composed and assured on the ball and is quite a unit.

I''d be surprised if he went and I think he would feel like a new signing when fully fit and challenging.

That AN comment about fitness and injuries just sounds like an excuse to me. Plenty of other players in teams across the leagues are injured for long periods and then come back into the team. Gary O''Neil also missed a lot of the season through injury but AN had no problems with him being brought back into the team, same with Wes.

If he wanted to use him, he would have used him. I think VOO getting onto the bench for a couple of games and then coming off it again says a lot. Seemed little desire to try and use him when there were opportunities to do so.

Also, the fact AN brought in Andreu and Dorrans, two players who can play in the same position as VOO, suggests he isn''t fancied much.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He did also say though Bethnal that he wouldn''t be used, along with the likes of Ryan Bennet because they''d been out injured for most of the season and it''s difficult to just throw them in simply to give them a game at such an important part of the season when their not up to speed.[/quote]I think AN was being diplomatic. There''s a lot of this kind of talk in football management and I find it''s often more reliable to look at what a manager does rather than what they say. So VOO not making the bench suggests that he''ll be off imho.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]I watched VOO a number of times in the U21''s and he has something about him, very composed and assured on the ball and is quite a unit.

I''d be surprised if he went and I think he would feel like a new signing when fully fit and challenging.[/quote]Exactly this.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]That AN comment about fitness and injuries just sounds like an excuse to me. Plenty of other players in teams across the leagues are injured for long periods and then come back into the team. Gary O''Neil also missed a lot of the season through injury but AN had no problems with him being brought back into the team, same with Wes.

If he wanted to use him, he would have used him. I think VOO getting onto the bench for a couple of games and then coming off it again says a lot. Seemed little desire to try and use him when there were opportunities to do so.

Also, the fact AN brought in Andreu and Dorrans, two players who can play in the same position as VOO, suggests he isn''t fancied much.[/quote]
I think the only saving grace, perhaps, in VOO''s favour is that if we wanted automatic we could barely afford to lose a single game. Alex Neil knew that and throwing someone who''s not really played for a year was probably more of a risk than it was worth considering we had players up to speed who could play in that position anyway. Saying that, was he fit for the Brentford home game where Whittaker moved to the middle? If so, that''s a certain sign AN doesn''t favour him.
Haven''t seen enough of him to judge him as a player, much like all NCFC fans. Agree with others that he''s a big physical presence. But if I keep eating KFC at the rate I am i''ll be far more of one than he is.

How can Voo possibly be written off, or at least transferred out on such little evidence?

He has done little wrong, except succumb to injury and, as has been pointed out by those who have seen him more than most, has looked highly impressive when given even limited opportunities. 

He arrived with acclaim  and his signing originally caused excitement amongst us. Nothing has changed, IMO.

Neil was sensible. The player lacked match-fitness and the run-in was a very crucial time for us in the season.

I wouldn''t expect him to get starts, but in games when Norwich were winning 4-0 against Millwall after 60 mins, VOO was left on the bench unused; winning 3-0 against Forest after 60 mins and VOO is twiddling his thumbs on the bench.

Even when he did get on against Sheff Wed with Norwich leading 2-0 he came on in the 93rd min.

It strikes me that AN wasn''t really looking to get VOO fit and didn''t really fancy him even when games were clearly won.

The fact he only got 30 mins in the dead rubber against Fulham also strikes me as there was no great desire to give him match time or thrown him a bone that he has a future at the club.

Impossible to know what is going on in AN''s mind, but I feel if he believed VOO had much of a future at the club he would have been given more game.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]I watched VOO a number of times in the U21''s and he has something about him, very composed and assured on the ball and is quite a unit.

I''d be surprised if he went and I think he would feel like a new signing when fully fit and challenging.[/quote] I only saw him once, for 30 minutes against Fulham. Hardly the most challenging game. But what struck me was that he seemed to have a quick brain, in that he had worked out before he got the ball just what he was going to do with it.

Agree with Bethnal on this. There were plenty of times he could have been used but wasn''t. He might be a good player but the signing of Dorrans for example kind of indicates AN''s thoughts are elsewhere.

Yeah I was there.

It''s always hard to tell in an U21 game but you could see he has class and strolled through the game without looking like he was being tested, I was watching McGrandles and others in the same game and he didn''t have that in his game.

Those games are usually a good gage when it comes to players quality, maybe he''s not 110%er blah blah blah which it''s clear AN wants in the side.

People have questioned why O''Neil got back on the bench after injury, well for meme was an easier choice, knows the English game well, gives 110% and between the 2 maybe it was down to that.

As others have said, way to early to write him off and he could be the surprise package in the also rans from this seasons group.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I wouldn''t expect him to get starts, but in games when Norwich were winning 4-0 against Millwall after 60 mins, VOO was left on the bench unused; winning 3-0 against Forest after 60 mins and VOO is twiddling his thumbs on the bench.

Even when he did get on against Sheff Wed with Norwich leading 2-0 he came on in the 93rd min.

It strikes me that AN wasn''t really looking to get VOO fit and didn''t really fancy him even when games were clearly won.

The fact he only got 30 mins in the dead rubber against Fulham also strikes me as there was no great desire to give him match time or thrown him a bone that he has a future at the club.

Impossible to know what is going on in AN''s mind, but I feel if he believed VOO had much of a future at the club he would have been given more game.[/quote]Obviously we don''t know one way or the other, but Alex Neil seems like a man who knows exactly what he wants, and has the game planned out in his head, with one conclusion in his mind, winning.I think he would be too single minded to just put a player on because it would be nice to get him some game time.I think he will look at him over the summer, and make a decision then. Though would be surprised if Voo ends up being shipped out after hardly having kicked a ball for us, the lad is no dud.

There was never any chance that Vadis was going to get fully match fit this season, so much better to use players from the bench that would be more likely to feature in important games towards the run in, to make sure they are fit for when needed.  I suspect Vadis was on the subs bench more to make him feel connected with the squad and the nerves and adrenalin of match days more than for minutes on the pitch.  Keeping a long term injured player interested and motivated is part of their recovery and for me, the fact that he was on the subs bench at all is a sign that he is valued as a player and an important part of the squad.

Anyone who claims he looked good in his cameo appearances last season must have sat in there seat the wrong way round

My final thoughts of him at the Fulham game was what a waste of £4M Adams

Bradley Johnson regularly sprinted past him going forward and then sprinted past him coming back and Brad aint the quickest

He looked lost and needs to be moved on - double package with the Wolf - 2 for the price of 1 anybody

Even though VOO had been injured for the whole season, AN did give him a bit of game time. What was the need for tis if the manager doesn''t want him?

From what I have seen of the man, U21''s and 1st Team, I think he could be a rising start next season, and having sat next to him on one ocassion, I can confirm he is certainly built for the Prem.

I do hope I am right, because essentuially he is an unknown and as far as this season goes, a freebie.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Agree with Bethnal on this. There were plenty of times he could have been used but wasn''t. He might be a good player but the signing of Dorrans for example kind of indicates AN''s thoughts are elsewhere.[/quote]It could have been that, or it could have been that Neil thought the games at the end of the season were so important he simply couldn''t risk an untried player. By the time Odjidja-Ofoe was (vaguely) fit we were well stocked in midfield, with Howson back from suspension and indeed Dorrans signed. I think the clue to VOO''s future will be if we sign another similar-type player, such as Mulumbu.

Becchio made the bench under Alex Neil against Sheff Wed, but he was one of the first out the door a couple of months later. There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on here when the chances are that VOO will be off before the season starts.

...he was quite often used as a DM for Brugge, he also played on the left and of course, in the middle where we''d probably expect him to play.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Mulumbu isn''t similar to Vadis. Vadis is a more attacking option and would never be played DM.[/quote]Thanks. That''s what coms of hardly ever watching football. But if that is true I have a question. Leaving aside whether VOO is good enough, do we then already have in the squad a player or players who are whatever type of player he is? In other words, is he simply superfluous?

When Moyes was at Everton VOO was going to be his 3rd signing after Fellaini and Mirallas, having failed to sign him in a previous transfer window due to the transfer being just too late after the deadline for it to be passed.

It doesn''t prove that he''s good enough for the PL but it does prove that Moyes thought he would be, along with the likes of Fellaini and Mirallas...who''ve not done too bad.