Sign in to follow this  
darren  wilson

Wembley jackets bargain

This whole thread is welling up my hatred for fat people in football shirts, it''s bubbling away. NURSE!!!

[quote user="darren wilson"]Found these, ordered 2 and here in 2 days, they don''t have badge but a big saving .

http://sportsclobber.co.uk/team-wear/354-errea-andromeda-tracksuit-zipped-training-jacket.html[/quote]

What are the sizes like? I''m normally a large but they seem to be making things snug these days so think I may need an XL

Good find that morty, just ordered the boy one for a present, far more reasonable, especially how quick kids grow!

Showing up on their site as current top selling product

[quote user="barclayboys"]Good find that morty, just ordered the boy one for a present, far more reasonable, especially how quick kids grow!

Showing up on their site as current top selling product[/quote]The credit is the OP''s, not mine[Y]

Everyone can make their own choice on whether or not they purchase or not.

Personally I think that the club has overpriced the DVDs and this tracksuit jacket. Two thirds of the asking price would have been reasonable but I guess we are now premier league.

We should be thankful that our season tickets are low in comparison to many clubs.

As far as the jacket goes our colours are so distinctive you hardly need a badge to show who you are supporting anyway and for me it does not warrant an extra £30 for that alone.

The mark-up is excessive. If site are selling them for £20 then the club must be getting them even cheaper than that so are trying to make an enormous mark-up just for adding the badge.

Re the DVD''s i''ve not looked into this but have they split the season into 4 sections thus meaning to get the whole season you have to buy all 4 at £19 each. if so then that is also very cynical indeed.

Just bought two, all in with postage for £43.97. As others have said, for £35 I''d have probably bought the official one from the club, but £50 is taking the pee a bit too much. It''s also AVIVA who are missing out as the official one has a little AVIVA logo under the NCFC one.

If anyone has received one of the badgeless tops bought from the external sources can they confirm whether the shades of green and yellow are as per the strip?

Just looking again at the Wembley pictures the green in the tracksuit seems to precisely match our shorts which makes me wonder whether the club did, in fact, have a special batch made with slightly different shades of green and yellow to the standard version?

S*d it have bought one anyway. At £20 if it turns out to be rubbish then i''ve not lost a lot. Couldn''t justify spending £50 on a tracksuit top. as Mat says would have got the official version had it been £35ish.

Obviously it won;t look as good on a slightly overweight approaching middle aged man as it did on our players in any event but c''est la vie!

I''d imagine that Errea only have the one bright green as part of their range, so I''m 99% certain they''ll all match. Will confirm in a few days hopefully.

Credit to Darren for finding these, I imagine they will sell a few, you should be on commission . Mind you, you could get a fine from McNally!

[quote user="darren wilson"]They are the same colours, trust me , they look amazing[/quote]Cheers for that, am ordering one on the strength of your recommendation.

[quote user="darren wilson"]No probs, just get a size bigger[/quote][Y]

[quote user="ThrownOuttaWetherspoons"][quote user="Baywing"]Are they compulsory then ?

do we have to own one to be a city supporter ?

Surely if you want one you will buy it if you think its too expensive then dont !!

One thing I do know though as much as everyone carping on about the club taking the piss.....had the club not been in such a strong financial position would we all have enjoyed the season as much ?

I gotta feeling not so !!

Perhaps thats worth contemplating before you take a cheese roll and flask with you for half time next season !![/quote]

forget the cheese roll.....who let the jam out of your donut?[/quote]

Its not the jam I worry about losing its the ''cream''

My point being rather than bitch about the club making a decent mark up on club merchandise.....think about the fact that we managed to hold a pretty decent squad together despite being relegated from the PL this time last year.

Had Mr McNally not been so fiscally astute would we have even being heading to Wembley let alone clambering to buy a new trackie top the squad wore on the big day ?

If you would rather follow a club with a huge debt and a shite team take a trip down the A140......

Quality costs !!

[quote user="kick it off"]Daz Sparks - You mention that buying from a street vendor doesn''t put money into the club. Which is completely true, but we''ve just had another £80million windfall for the club, on the back of 3 seasons of Prem money and parachute payments/structured contracts which significantly softened the blow of relegation.

Two points from this.

1) The club are taking the p*** with this, and the release of 4 DVDs. Should have been two DVD''s - one season review and one derby games, with 360 and Playoff final being free as an extra on a bonus disc on both DVDs. 360 is available entirely for free on Youtube so trying to flog a few DVDs at £20 a pop is just extortionate. Hiking up the prices on the jacket is extortionate. The club has plenty of money coming in, and I think the way they are cashing in on this season is a bit disrespectful to the fans. It was a great season, and we''ve loved every minute of, but we have sold out home and away time and again this season, as usual, we have all had to find extra cash we probably didn''t expect to to pay for Playoff games and expensive Wembley tickets, Some of us have had to make real sacrifices to find the extra cash for the Wembley trip.... £20 for a badge on a jacket which is an off the rack design and freely available at about half the price without the badge is wrong imo.

2) As aforementioned, the club has had another windfall, we''ve all turned up in our droves to watch them again, many of us have pumped money in throughout the season for merchandise. I suspect the scarf seller on the street probably needs the £10 more than the club needs the £20[/quote]
Hi kick it off.
I don''t for one minute want to preach to anyone, I''m just airing on the forum how I feel about it personally. My stance is to only buy official NCFC merchandise, and I simply pick and choose from what the club sells according to my budget, and what I deem as value for money.
As it happens I tend to agree that the training jacket and DVD are overpriced, but that just means I won''t buy those particular products.
As for those who choose to buy the unbadged one , I have no problem with that, you pay your money, you take your choice. However, buying the unbadged one AND a separate unofficial club badge, I disagree with.
Tin hat on.

''''As for those who choose to buy the unbadged one , I have no problem with that, you pay your money, you take your choice. However, buying the unbadged one AND a separate unofficial club badge, I disagree with.''''........KIO

I got a freebie floppy hat in green and yeller on the cover of a magazine a few years back, had a city badge kicking around, sewed it on covering the promotion logo on said free hat and bingo! A one off cool as fudge bit of kit.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="kick it off"]Daz Sparks - You mention that buying from a street vendor doesn''t put money into the club. Which is completely true, but we''ve just had another £80million windfall for the club, on the back of 3 seasons of Prem money and parachute payments/structured contracts which significantly softened the blow of relegation.

Two points from this.

1) The club are taking the p*** with this, and the release of 4 DVDs. Should have been two DVD''s - one season review and one derby games, with 360 and Playoff final being free as an extra on a bonus disc on both DVDs. 360 is available entirely for free on Youtube so trying to flog a few DVDs at £20 a pop is just extortionate. Hiking up the prices on the jacket is extortionate. The club has plenty of money coming in, and I think the way they are cashing in on this season is a bit disrespectful to the fans. It was a great season, and we''ve loved every minute of, but we have sold out home and away time and again this season, as usual, we have all had to find extra cash we probably didn''t expect to to pay for Playoff games and expensive Wembley tickets, Some of us have had to make real sacrifices to find the extra cash for the Wembley trip.... £20 for a badge on a jacket which is an off the rack design and freely available at about half the price without the badge is wrong imo.

2) As aforementioned, the club has had another windfall, we''ve all turned up in our droves to watch them again, many of us have pumped money in throughout the season for merchandise. I suspect the scarf seller on the street probably needs the £10 more than the club needs the £20[/quote]
Hi kick it off.
I don''t for one minute want to preach to anyone, I''m just airing on the forum how I feel about it personally. My stance is to only buy official NCFC merchandise, and I simply pick and choose from what the club sells according to my budget, and what I deem as value for money.
As it happens I tend to agree that the training jacket and DVD are overpriced, but that just means I won''t buy those particular products.
As for those who choose to buy the unbadged one , I have no problem with that, you pay your money, you take your choice. However, buying the unbadged one AND a separate unofficial club badge, I disagree with.
Tin hat on.
[/quote]The club has made a real schoolboy marketing error here. They trade in things you can''t buy elsewhere. Football, exclusive merchandise, replica tops etc.But to take a stock item, stick a badge on it and mark it up thirty quid? To be honest I hope no one pays their 50 quid.

I wouldn''t pay 50 quid for one but I disagree with Morty in that it''s our 50 quid and not their 50 quid. Unless of course you think they won at Wembley and not us! [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wouldn''t pay 50 quid for one but I disagree with Morty in that it''s our 50 quid and not their 50 quid. Unless of course you think they won at Wembley and not us! [;)]

[/quote]I have read that about 9 times now, and I have genuinely no clue what you mean.[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]LOL

"Them and us"

Its our club buddy. :)

Probably the most inclusive club in the land.[/quote]So the clubs going to buy me a trackie top, is what you''re saying?[;)]