Sign in to follow this  
darren  wilson

Wembley jackets bargain

Found these, ordered 2 and here in 2 days, they don''t have badge but a big saving .

http://sportsclobber.co.uk/team-wear/354-errea-andromeda-tracksuit-zipped-training-jacket.html

The club has cocked up pretty badly here.If they had priced them a bit more sensibly, ie 10 or 15 quid cheaper, they would have sold them by the bucketload.

[quote user="darren wilson"]Found these, ordered 2 and here in 2 days, they don''t have badge but a big saving .

http://sportsclobber.co.uk/team-wear/354-errea-andromeda-tracksuit-zipped-training-jacket.html[/quote]
But the club won''t benefit from buying this, surely that is the point in buying merchandise? 

[quote user="morty"]The club has cocked up pretty badly here.If they had priced them a bit more sensibly, ie 10 or 15 quid cheaper, they would have sold them by the bucketload.[/quote]
Don''t disagree Morty, but instead of spending the £20 on a non endorsed product, spend it in the club shop on something else?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]The club has cocked up pretty badly here.If they had priced them a bit more sensibly, ie 10 or 15 quid cheaper, they would have sold them by the bucketload.[/quote]
Don''t disagree Morty, but instead of spending the £20 on a non endorsed product, spend it in the club shop on something else?
[/quote]The club gets plenty of my business, I spent £120 on three shirts for the final.No way I am paying that price, sorry.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to spend another £40 odd extra (for 2 tops) to have THE badge on. there are other ways round it, as has been mentioned.

(this thread could run and run I feel and could be interesting)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]The club has cocked up pretty badly here.If they had priced them a bit more sensibly, ie 10 or 15 quid cheaper, they would have sold them by the bucketload.[/quote]
[/quote]The club gets plenty of my business, I spent £120 on three shirts for the final.No way I am paying that price, sorry.[/quote]
I guess if you want one of the training jackets badly enough, after all is said and done, it''s your money Morty.
And, whilst I agree some of the Canary Store products are pricey, I am inclined to get what I can from there with the money, if you see what I am saying. I just feel that by buying non-endorsed products doesn''t send any cash the club''s way. For example, buying a scarf from a street vendor, yes it''s got NCFC on it, but the profit goes straight into the pocket of said street vendor, who probably isn''t even a City supporter.

Getting something from NCFC (as opposed to ''Norwich'' scarfs from the guy on the bridge before the game - copyright and all that) is seen as a luxury item in most of our households, and therefore, the money for these items will come out of the household budget, and some budgets are smaller than others, and spending it needs to be justified, and normally compromise needs to be reached!

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]The club has cocked up pretty badly here.If they had priced them a bit more sensibly, ie 10 or 15 quid cheaper, they would have sold them by the bucketload.[/quote]
[/quote]The club gets plenty of my business, I spent £120 on three shirts for the final.No way I am paying that price, sorry.[/quote]
I guess if you want one of the training jackets badly enough, after all is said and done, it''s your money Morty.
And, whilst I agree some of the Canary Store products are pricey, I am inclined to get what I can from there with the money, if you see what I am saying. I just feel that by buying non-endorsed products doesn''t send any cash the club''s way. For example, buying a scarf from a street vendor, yes it''s got NCFC on it, but the profit goes straight into the pocket of said street vendor, who probably isn''t even a City supporter.
[/quote]To be honest, I am genuinely shocked at the price. As soon as I saw them I fancied one, but no way, and money isn''t the issue. Its principal.Like I previously said, the club gets enough of my money, including 3 season tickets at a grand a season.Between this and the price of the DVD''s I feel they have pushed just a little bit too far this time.

[quote user="darren wilson"]I agree £50 + postage for a tracksuit top, dvd £19+£5 delivery is not being very loyal to me,[/quote]I''m not asking for McNally to come round my house and give me a special cuddle, but I feel the club is being extremely cynical here, and it would be nice to see a bit back.Last Monday was a wonderful occasion where the Canary army turned out in numbers, and did themselves, and the club proud.Is it really necessary to take every single opportunity to squeeze as much out of us as possible, the loyal fans that have stuck through some pretty grim times?Too far McNally.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''ve heard about mcnallys "special cuddles " , do you want to be the spooner or be spooned Morty ?[/quote]I don''t think he gives you an option.

Whoever the marketing guy is, needs to have a conversation with someone like Mr McN.

Why didn''t NCFC get a unique design done, and then sell it with a badge on?

To get something that could end up being sold in Sports Direct and try and flog it for twice the price, just because of the badge, is being a tad naive, or worse

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]When he said he wanted to squeeze as much out of you as possible I wasn''t sure what he meant[/quote]He also sees me at playtime, and takes my lunch money off me[:(]

Daz Sparks - You mention that buying from a street vendor doesn''t put money into the club. Which is completely true, but we''ve just had another £80million windfall for the club, on the back of 3 seasons of Prem money and parachute payments/structured contracts which significantly softened the blow of relegation.

Two points from this.

1) The club are taking the p*** with this, and the release of 4 DVDs. Should have been two DVD''s - one season review and one derby games, with 360 and Playoff final being free as an extra on a bonus disc on both DVDs. 360 is available entirely for free on Youtube so trying to flog a few DVDs at £20 a pop is just extortionate. Hiking up the prices on the jacket is extortionate. The club has plenty of money coming in, and I think the way they are cashing in on this season is a bit disrespectful to the fans. It was a great season, and we''ve loved every minute of, but we have sold out home and away time and again this season, as usual, we have all had to find extra cash we probably didn''t expect to to pay for Playoff games and expensive Wembley tickets, Some of us have had to make real sacrifices to find the extra cash for the Wembley trip.... £20 for a badge on a jacket which is an off the rack design and freely available at about half the price without the badge is wrong imo.

2) As aforementioned, the club has had another windfall, we''ve all turned up in our droves to watch them again, many of us have pumped money in throughout the season for merchandise. I suspect the scarf seller on the street probably needs the £10 more than the club needs the £20

to be honest I''d rather it without the club badge on. My shirt has the badge and that''s what counts most.

This was I have a great looking (and £30 cheaper) trackie top I can wear anywhere

Are they compulsory then ?

do we have to own one to be a city supporter ?

Surely if you want one you will buy it if you think its too expensive then dont !!

One thing I do know though as much as everyone carping on about the club taking the piss.....had the club not been in such a strong financial position would we all have enjoyed the season as much ?

I gotta feeling not so !!

Perhaps thats worth contemplating before you take a cheese roll and flask with you for half time next season !!

[quote user="Baywing"]Are they compulsory then ?

do we have to own one to be a city supporter ?

Surely if you want one you will buy it if you think its too expensive then dont !!

One thing I do know though as much as everyone carping on about the club taking the piss.....had the club not been in such a strong financial position would we all have enjoyed the season as much ?

I gotta feeling not so !!

Perhaps thats worth contemplating before you take a cheese roll and flask with you for half time next season !![/quote]

forget the cheese roll.....who let the jam out of your donut?

£20.Bargain.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled5_zps4df28hrd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled5_zps4df28hrd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

no one is saying its compulsary you helmet. Think it is the point the manufacturer are charging £29 for these and we are selling the exact thing apart from a £2 club badge stitched on for £50.

Charge £35-£40 and i bet they would sell plenty more.

Isn''t this the priority memberships vs general sale argument we had last week?

I paid for the full half hour, not last week''s reheated argument.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]no one is saying its compulsary you helmet. Think it is the point the manufacturer are charging £29 for these and we are selling the exact thing apart from a £2 club badge stitched on for £50.

Charge £35-£40 and i bet they would sell plenty more.[/quote]They are £19.99 on that site!